Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RED ROCK [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options
  • 07-12-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭

So Red Rock is starting in January. Will it be successful? I hope it gives a couple of the others a run for their money.

Article in one of the papers today.

red_rock.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Interesting that most of the characters seem to be Guards. Sounds like it will be like the later version of The Bill or that Aussie show Blue Heelers.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Strazdas wrote: »
    Interesting that most of the characters seem to be Guards. Sounds like it will be like the later version of The Bill or that Aussie show Blue Heelers.

I think it's also about 2 feuding families. I'd like if it turns out to be original and something that doesn't follow the same old soapy pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

TOMs WIFE wrote: »

Are you my mother in law?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Are you my mother in law?

Yes.

And no. Stick to your wife from now on, it was a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Garda 5 and 7 will be the stupid cops
    Garda 1 bad cop
    Garda 2 Feminist woman power closeted lesbian tough chick with dick type cop
    Garda 3 Slutty naive unlucky in love cop
    Garda 4 good cop
    Garda 6 full of himself metrosexual ladies man cop

Chris___ wrote: »
    Garda 5 and 7 will be the stupid cops
    Garda 1 bad cop
    Garda 2 Feminist woman power closeted lesbian tough chick with dick type cop
    Garda 3 Slutty naive unlucky in love cop
    Garda 4 good cop
    Garda 6 full of himself metrosexual ladies man cop

I'm finding myself agreeing with you on each one :D

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    I think it's also about 2 feuding families. I'd like if it turns out to be original and something that doesn't follow the same old soapy pattern.

Yeah the fact that there are two families makes it a bit different. It seems halfway between a regular soap and a police soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

From what I've heard, it seems that the police are going to keep getting dragged into the feud between the families, which will tie it all together. I think it might actually be pretty good - looking forward to it now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Pity. I think a modern Irish version of Heartbeat would work.

Saw the promo, I am intrigued. But I don't watch soaps, my wife does. But it could be good. I liked "bad cop" as coined by Chris earlier.

http://www.tv3.ie/redrock/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulosam

Going by the ad, it looks like it has a decent budget at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

paulosam wrote: »
    Going by the ad, it looks like it has a decent budget at least.

The only worry I'd have is this promo is directed by a feature film director, and the cinematographer is now working on Hollywood action movies.

The TV show will not have these two involved. That said, once it's less of the Raw & Clinic type and more of the Love/Hate, then it could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

No elderly characters, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

No elderly characters, though.

Well presumably due to this being set in a fictional Garda Station and any 'elderly' members would have nice numbers in an office somewhere and
    ~ not having to restrain unruly prisoners IRL
    ~ not have to give chase into the unknown, not knowing what to expect and with only a torch to their name IRL *cough cough*

so perhaps reflecting some reality in that sense. They may however have 'elderly' characters introduced at varying points as supporting characters and not the main actors in the station-surroundings.

This could be interesting so will tune in myself tbh,
    Just my Thoughts anywhoo,
    kerry4sam

A breakdown of all the characters roles is here:

https://twitter.com/RedRockTV3/media

• Registered Users Posts: 85,508 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The ad is already grating on me but I like that version of the song

First trailer for the show : the Garda station looks impressive with a large number of rooms and cells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UGSVG_-d7o

Saw Bad Cop billboard near Bord Gaís Theatre this evening.

Like the caption - "It's not just criminals that cross the line" :)

board.jpg

edit: have already seen a few more....

board2.jpg

And an article on TV3 website about another actor who plays the superintendent.

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.813&article=153920

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulosam

Strazdas wrote: »
    First trailer for the show : the Garda station looks impressive with a large number of rooms and cells

]

Shooting it in the old John Player factory on the South Circular Road apparently.

paulosam wrote: »
    Shooting it in the old John Player factory on the South Circular Road apparently.

Yes, so I heard. It should give it an air of authenticity to have the indoor scenes in a real building with rooms and corridors and stairs rather than a TV studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They ad is highly stylized. It'd be nice to see a clip of the actual soap.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Well presumably due to this being set in a fictional Garda Station and any 'elderly' members would have nice numbers in an office somewhere and
    ~ not having to restrain unruly prisoners IRL
    ~ not have to give chase into the unknown, not knowing what to expect and with only a torch to their name IRL *cough cough*

so perhaps reflecting some reality in that sense. They may however have 'elderly' characters introduced at varying points as supporting characters and not the main actors in the station-surroundings.

This could be interesting so will tune in myself tbh,
    Just my Thoughts anywhoo,
    kerry4sam

I meant within the family, like a grandmotherly matriarch or old patriarch fighting with his son over the future.

I'm finding myself agreeing with you on each one :D
    3 apparently is the "wholesome one", apparently.

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    The TV show will not have these two involved. That said, once it's less of the Raw & Clinic type and more of the Love/Hate, then it could be good.

It looks like more along the lines of Raw and Clinic its a soap after all. And if it can match either it will be doing well, however I think some of the producers were involved with Deception!

Elmo wrote: »
    It looks like more along the lines of Raw and Clinic its a soap after all. And if it can match either it will be doing well, however I think some of the producers were involved with Deception!

It definitely won't be too similar to Love Hate. It goes out before the watershed meaning they can't show any real violence or bad language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Visited Dublin today, walking from Heuston to Finglas and back - and the ads were on just about every billboard and bus shelter I passed by.

Safe to say, then, that if the show is a flop, it'll be a pretty big one... :o

Visited Dublin today, walking from Heuston to Finglas and back - and the ads were on just about every billboard and bus shelter I passed by.

Safe to say, then, that if the show is a flop, it'll be a pretty big one... :o

For sure, but their promo is impressive anyway....they're making sure everyone in the country knows about the show and when it starts :)

• Advertisement

According to the Irish Times it is good, but they could say no more.

Advertisement