Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Did u spot him takin notes .....

'Your mam and me used to call that the 'Wicklow Wheelbarrow''

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

The Denny ads. Smug, patronising, touchy feely yuckfests.

Speedsie wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'm familiar with LoveHoney and their range of products, but I'm not entirely sure I'd like to sit though one of their ads while my elderly mother looks on.
    I'm still recovering from having to explain what 'vagjazzle' is to her after an episode of Tallaghtfornia

Eek

Eek really sums up both situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

HY-A-LU-RONIC-ACID

GO-AND-FECK-IN-SH1TE!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

A little gem of an advert by the Car care motor company that appears on the Irish channels the odd time.
    Car care because we care. One of the worse taglines ever for a start.
    And it also features the embodiment of the age old stereotype of a 2nd hand car sales man (presumably a member of staff).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The RTE ad .....We do truth good .....yeah this one will get the conspiracy theorists on side

Such a hamfisted idea who ever came up with it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The new 3 ad.... dreadful. Power Mammy getting things "over the line", freaky teenage girl with giant headphones, nerdy young fella playing war games, what else would he be doing and poor ole sap of a Daddy doesn't even get a line, is this crap ever going to stop??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

CoBo55 wrote: »
    The new 3 ad.... dreadful. Power Mammy getting things "over the line", freaky teenage girl with giant headphones, nerdy young fella playing war games, what else would he be doing and poor ole sap of a Daddy doesn't even get a line, is this crap ever going to stop??

Awful, just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Awful, just awful.

So, what I'm taking from this, is that we're agreed this ad is a pile of dung :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Matress ads that go on for 3 or 4 minutes and say the name of their product like 'wondermatress' or whatever about 100 times.

• Advertisement

Matress ads that go on for 3 or 4 minutes and say the name of their product like 'wondermatress' or whatever about 100 times.

Emma Emma Emma Emma....

trashcan wrote: »
    So, what I'm taking from this, is that we're agreed this ad is a pile of dung :D

Definitely...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The new John Lewis ad. Cringey in the extreme.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Stupid Isolief ad with florist(?) woman who speaks in a strange combination of words and gestures and gets excited about a tablet combining paracetemol and ibuprofen. What idiots think these up?

**edit just read back a few pages and see this masterpiece has already been commented on.

While I am at it....smell like Johnny Depp? He looks like he needs a good wash and you know his 60 a day fag stained fingers will smell rank too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Those awful bloody poems by the staff of some english building society.
    I used to think Flo and Joan with their keyboard were bad but after being assaulted by this poetry all I can say is please come back girls. All is forgiven!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Unless they are presenters on one of those awful shopping channels.

Or the ladies who recommend double glazing to their pensioner mates at coffee mornings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Those awful bloody poems by the staff of some english building society.
    I used to think Flo and Joan with their keyboard were bad but after being assaulted by this poetry all I can say is please come back girls. All is forgiven!

I hate them with the fiery passions of Hell!!!!!

Current ad that makes me borderline homicidal - Asda.

Gob****e with the very very punchable face and voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Nescafe Duo with the one that looks like she is a relation to Arnold J Rimmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

"Perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect" - **** OFF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Another example of how screwed up the world is, no criticism allowed, everyone is beautiful, etc,etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I was about to suggest that one. I get irrationally stabby when it comes on!!!

More than “moonier planets” and “juuussht a snog?”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The Supervalu ads Check This Out where it appears that the customers have been given happy pills because they get so excited over some item they just bought in store

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

spurious wrote: »
    Stupid Isolief ad with florist(?) woman who speaks in a strange combination of words and gestures and gets excited about a tablet combining paracetemol and ibuprofen. What idiots think these up?

**edit just read back a few pages and see this masterpiece has already been commented on.

While I am at it....smell like Johnny Depp? He looks like he needs a good wash and you know his 60 a day fag stained fingers will smell rank too.
    For some reason that Florist wan reminds me of Anna Nolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

The way she says 'Thanks Tom!' Highly passive aggressive - I wonder when the next installment will be so we can find out just why that edge is in her voice. Some deep background work clearly went into the characterisation of this blistering script.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

HY-A-LU-RONIC-ACID

GO-AND-FECK-IN-SH1TE!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

You said it wrong. FFS HAVE YOU NOT BEEN LIS-TEN-ING??!? :pac:

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

What happens to all those "Hi Jude" over 50s who forget to check their over 50s insurance policy every few minutes?

And the postman's up for a GDPR case, the careless dope. As is she if she opened same said letter "by mistake". Maybe now she know knows how minted her neighbour really is and wants to get in his good books?? ��

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Oh jaysus, here I am well over 50, no life insurance, no funeral plan, and no free pen. No equity release plan either. Time to make a few calls ��

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

This bellend and his stupid, stupid voice! His amazing day looks like hell, at the end he relaxes by serving his friends. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Gamergurll

Weetabix advert, "Is this the new normal-abix?"

And seen a new one this evening for is it Activia? Something else telling us about new normal.

That phrase makes me homicidal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

The Starbucks Gemma James ad.

I don't mind if Gemma wants to be called James but I have no interest in Starbucks being so smug at how 'woke' they are.

It's infuriating seeing inclusiveness being shown as something they care about when in reality these companies just want to cash in on it.

Advertisement