Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

kk.man wrote: »
    Did Kepak Clare kill sheep as a matter of interest?

I always thought why did they buy such a small plant and pay big bucks.

To kill a competitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Had slurry men here today, hoofcare man, electrician, shed men, ai sales rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

whelan2 wrote: »

And all on Valentine's day - lucky you.

And all on Valentine's day - lucky you.

Was flowers and a bottle of wine on the table for me this morning. 26000 steps so far today

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

whelan2 wrote: »

Hope the slurry men weren’t spreading, serious rain on the way tomorrow and Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

I wouldn't be a fan of that set up, it has a rigid tube which can be very difficult to insert when the feeder is full and is also very tricky to keep kinked at the joining especially when the calf moves. Not easy to shut off quickly when feeding either.
    Also those feeders only take 2.5l, which isn't enough for a feed of biestings, which is a pain.

I’m a big fan of this hybrid model.... I didn’t like the big knob that came with the speedy feeder originally, so I bought one of those zip lock bag stomach tubes, just for the tube itself. Every calf born gets stomach tube fed 4 litres of beastings within an hour of being born. I put the tube itself into warm water immediately before I feed the calf, to leave the the tube nice and flexible for going down the throat.

Snowfire wrote: »
    Hope the slurry men weren’t spreading, serious rain on the way tomorrow and Sunday.

Pumped from new tank to slurry tower

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Has anyone ever bought anything on euro auctions? They have an auction in dromore next weekend.

I have, bought from there and been pretty lucky. Plenty of good stuff there. Lately though it's hard to find stuff cheaper than DD,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Valentines day again, folks. Find out what Boardsie you find outstanding in their field in the link below:D

https://www.boards.ie/love.php
    Do you want to find out who agrees with your posts and might be an interesting date?? Do you want to discover who shares your sensibilities, your sense of humour ... 

You're all going to be shocked but one of my top
    3 is a v e g a n :eek:

But it's ok the rest are hardcore livestock farmers :D

Mine were
    Buford
    Base price
    Muckit....who seems to be missing lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭emaherx

gozunda wrote: »
    You're all going to be shocked but one of my top
    3 is a v e g a n :eek:

But it's ok the rest are hardcore livestock farmers :D

I was only joking that time I said I was vegan ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

The Sheriff seems to be having his way with us all!
    INbFPFi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

emaherx wrote: »
    I was only joking that time I said I was vegan ;):D

I'm 2/3 vegan:P

I'm 2/3 vegan:P

Ok I have to confess - I've a long term vegan living here. Good lad. Works well. Never had an issue with him - sound out tbh. But can be a bit uppity alright if he doesn't get enough exercise. ...
    Had to clean his stable out earlier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

INbFPFi.jpg
    See i didn't make the list.... not angry just disappointed.
    must try harder god if I had a pound...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

INbFPFi.jpg

Well he didn't make it on to my list!!

Oh .....

Screenshot-2020-02-15-21-26-36.png

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

gozunda wrote: »
    Ok I have to confess - I've a long term vegan living here. Good lad. Works well. Never had an issue with him - sound out tbh. But can be a bit uppity alright if he doesn't get enough exercise. ...
    Had to clean out his stable out earlier :D

Do you hunt him? I have one too and I'd say I'm not a million miles away from you.

Odelay wrote: »
    Do you hunt him? I have one too and I'd say I'm not a million miles away from you.

He's over 20 so retired - but still fit and healthy with an eye for the ladies ;)

Pheckin rabies first and now a Ghost Ship.
    Whatever next for Cork.
    Must be those pirates down there up to no good again.
    Shiver me timbers... Oooh Arrr at the end of the day!!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/one-in-a-million-ghost-ship-from-african-coast-washes-up-on-rocks-in-cork-982069.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Whatever next for Cork.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/one-in-a-million-ghost-ship-from-african-coast-washes-up-on-rocks-in-cork-982069.html
    Hopefully it isn't full of rats/mice that jump ship bringing their diseases with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Whatever next for Cork.

Ghost ship originated near Bermuda. Don't go on board, whatever you do.

https://www.marinelink.com/news/coast-guard-rescues-disabled-cargo-ship-442460

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

Base price wrote: »
    Hopefully it isn't full of rats/mice that jump ship bringing their diseases with them.

Who knows what's on board?

From the pictures of it there's a ladder alongside.
    There'd want to be a squad car nearby. As sure as hell at low tide tomorrow morning there'll be some scallywag trying their luck to see what's on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Who knows what's on board?

From the pictures of it there's a ladder alongside.
    There'd want to be a squad car nearby. As sure as hell at low tide tomorrow morning there'll be some scallywag trying their luck to see what's on board.
    A few bales, maybe? ;)

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    A few bales, maybe? ;)

There'd be bales of shyte anyway with no engines running. Maybe an ould broken AK47 and a decomposed body or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

mon Ryan of the Greens is well on his way to two faced government.

Telling us we all need electric cars and car share among rural communities.

As he drives his big fcuk off 9 seater diesel about the city with 8 empty seats.

Yet another “do as I say not as I do” lefty.

Like Mary Lou with her few houses round the world.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/892645294119894/permalink/2944473528937050/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

https://www.thejournal.ie/car-pooling-eamon-ryan-4847511-Oct2019/

Today was another nice day for cycling or walking to the local village pick up point. Eamon Ryan must think the sun shines every day in rural Ireland.

Today was another nice day for cycling or walking to the local village pick up point. Eamon Ryan must think the sun shines every day in rural Ireland.

Kids went off on their bikes today. Daughter said it felt like they were cycling backwards. She forgot about the wind and assumed it would be like when they go during the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Sure we can just walk along the footpaths under the street lighting and wait at the bus stop for our carpool to pick us up.

Sure we can just walk along the footpaths under the street lighting and wait at the bus stop for our carpool to pick us up.

The Greens are giving out about ditches being cut or removed and permanent concrete stake and fence being put up along rail lines in Tipperary. And they claim to be supporters of rail.
    Somehow I'd never see them support doubling up rail lines or even put in new rail lines in this country if they ever came into government. You'd be lucky if some'd be able to wire a three pin plug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

No beef crisis in Ennis anyways 😂

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement