Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

_Brian wrote: »
    See the eircom.net email adresses are going to a payment service soon.. Been using it for near 20 years now. Pain in the hoop changing over all my associated accounts to new email address.

Thanks Brian for the heads up on Eir. I won't be signing up. I cleared out all emails and saved any needed for future reference today.

I would never chance using Eir without Norton internet security. Lots of very realistic phishing emails would arrive, one in particular arrived from "Revenue", the day after I paid my property tax, I clicked on the link, thinking it was a receipt, Norton blocked it as a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭emaherx

Thanks Brian for the heads up on Eir. I won't be signing up. I cleared out all emails and saved any needed for future reference today.

I would never chance using Eir without Norton internet security. Lots of very realistic phishing emails would arrive, one in particular arrived from "Revenue", the day after I paid my property tax, I clicked on the link, thinking it was a receipt, Norton blocked it as a scam.

The issue there is not Eir, no email is immune from such scams. Spam filters are not perfect either and can often filter out legitimate emails too.

I don't think Eir want any of you to sign up for paid email, I'm fairly sure they want to stop providing email as a service so charging helps people decide to migrate themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

emaherx wrote: »
    The issue there is not Eir, no email is immune from such scams. Spam filters are not perfect either and can often filter out legitimate emails too.

I don't think Eir want any of you to sign up for paid email, I'm fairly sure they want to stop providing email as a service so charging helps people decide to migrate themselves.

I'd say the amount of ppl willing to pay are basically nil

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

_Brian wrote: »
    It will be an interesting time now to see what government is formed.

FFG and some independents is possible, but they will need to look at what the public votes for, housing, healthcare and some measure of climate but not excessive change. If that government is formed they will
    Essentially be implementing the left addenda anyway because anything else will see a slaughter at the next polls with more SF candidates on the ticket.

SF May cobble together some massive left group but honestly they are such an entrenched group I couldn’t see it lasting any time to agree on much. SF would be happy to collapse it quickly run more candidates in the hopes of more control.

FF/SF plus small number of independents, I don’t think FF would take the massive influence SF would have on the partnership, they would want all their manifesto implemented, again SF would likely collapse the government quickly to get another shot at the ballot papers with more candidates.

There seems an appetite within the traditional parties now to stick SF into power and let them see how hard it really is, problem with that is how much damage will they have done to taxation and gdp by the time they leave government.

Are we ever likley to see s FF / FG coalition?

It's not like the two are a million miles away from each other ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Sinn Fein have ruined the Simpsons.

On another note prostitution and illegal drugs are now legal.

Swings and roundabouts..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

It isn't that long ago that Sinn Fein was almost considered a "dirty word" Any broadcast interview with its senior members couldn't be played as recorded but had to have their comments dubbed by a voiceover artist. Remember that? The fact that Adam's and McGuiness are gone and you now have a female leader of the party certainly "improves" their image. If only their members would stop shouting "Up the Ra"

It isn't that long ago that Sinn Fein was almost considered a "dirty word" Any broadcast interview with its senior members couldn't be played as recorded but had to have their comments dubbed by a voiceover artist. Remember that? The fact that Adam's and McGuiness are gone and you now have a female leader of the party certainly "improves" their image. If only their members would stop shouting "Up the Ra"

Yesterday in a local town there were secondary school lads shouting "Up the Ra" passing through a shopping centre.
    There's a multiethnicity of shop owners where this was.
    Last week this wouldn't have happened.
    But thanks to David Cullinan and his defence of his own actions and his party leaders non committal to any action.
    Well here we are..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

ganmo wrote: »
    I'd say the amount of ppl willing to pay are basically nil

I'm working on clearing my eir account. Going to leave them for the landline and internet as well. Their customer service isn't great either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Herd test to day.....all going grand until head gate didn't close properly. Smart cow kept pushing and away she goes, Not a hope of getting her back in. Going to have to get her on test on the day all the rest of them are off. Such a nuisance!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

KatyMac wrote: »
    Herd test to day.....all going grand until head gate didn't close properly. Smart cow kept pushing and away she goes, Not a hope of getting her back in. Going to have to get her on test on the day all the rest of them are off. Such a nuisance!

Total pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Odelay

Sinn Fein have ruined the Simpsons.

On another note prostitution and illegal drugs are now legal.

Swings and roundabouts..

I took your advice today and had a grand time for myself. Unfortunately at the local station now and they haven't heard the news. Can you set them straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭emaherx

Was out checking land today and found an ESB line lying on the ground. Rang there emergency number and they were out within a 1/2 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Odelay wrote: »
    I took your advice today and had a grand time for myself. Unfortunately at the local station now and they haven't heard the news. Can you set them straight?

Don’t worry to much. You would get a bigger fine for no number plate on your cattle trailer

Odelay wrote: »

Contact Mary Lou. She'll sort you out..
    Or Ming or Wallace or Boyd Barrett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just saw an ad for the TrustiTuber for sale in Kerry Agribusiness for €58, cheapest I've seen. Great job for stomach tubing calves.
    BKEN04l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Just saw an ad for the TrustiTuber for sale in Kerry Agribusiness for €58, cheapest I've seen. Great job for stomach tubing calves.
    BKEN04l.jpg

Have to change the drinkers in the shed
    Would the DBL4 drinker suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

It's €85 in Dairygold;
    https://www.coopsuperstores.ie/Farming/Calving/Calf-Rearing/Feeders-Milk-Carts--Teats/Trusti-Tuber-Calf-Feeding-Starter-Kit-0376340

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

BKEN04l.jpg

Can non suppliers buy off them?

whelan2 wrote: »
    Can non suppliers buy off them?

Anyone can spend money there. I'm not sure if there's a postal option tbh, might be something on the website?

I paid 75 for the Trusti Feeder – and haven’t used it yet.

I am not too sure if it will get much use, the first thing that struck me about it was that it would be difficult to clean between the mouth piece and tube properly. I think the it will be back to plain stomach tubes here.

• Advertisement

http://jfcagri.com/sheep/small-capacity-drink-bowls/dbl4/

This total capacity of bowl is 4 litres,in reality it will fill to about 2litres or less. Only suitable for calves or sheep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I paid 75 for the Trusti Feeder – and haven’t used it yet.

I am not too sure if it will get much use, the first thing that struck me about it was that it would be difficult to clean between the mouth piece and tube properly. I think the it will be back to plain stomach tubes here.
    I don't have one but looking at the picture I reckon if you soak the mouth piece & tube in a 10% solution of bleach or peroxide for 15 minutes then it should be ok to use after rinsing with clean water.

Base price wrote: »
    I don't have one but looking at the picture I reckon if you soak the mouth piece & tube in a 10% solution of bleach or peroxide for 15 minutes then it should be ok to use after rinsing with clean water.

I normally rinse with hot water after use and rinse again after milking with some detergent. I store in plastic container with dilute bleach and rinse out before use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Don’t worry to much. You would get a bigger fine for no number plate on your cattle trailer

Sad thing is is that statements true, had a friend at home who told me he saw no risk in taking coke as hed never have enough on him to be done for anything serious, another friend out here got broight before the courts after the sniffer dogs came to the local on a friday evening all he had to do was pay $250 in court costs he just let on he was a harmless farmers son from ireland and peer pressure got the better of him and he was all about being open to trying new things on his travels.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

kepak in clare supposed to be closing ive just seen in agriland
    https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/kepak-plant-in-clare-to-close-over-profitability-concerns/

Youtube comparison between Trusti Tuber vs Stomach tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPq4BJTLUQ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

annubis wrote: »

That was one of the most picketed plants during the strike. I heard they are only killing a few days a week there at the moment. They paid enough for that place when they bought it off the Kellys.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Yesterday in a local town there were secondary school lads shouting "Up the Ra" passing through a shopping centre.
    There's a multiethnicity of shop owners where this was.
    Last week this wouldn't have happened.
    But thanks to David Cullinan and his defence of his own actions and his party leaders non committal to any action.
    Well here we are..
    Ah here, it happens all the time in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Ah here, it happens all the time in fairness
    When that video from Waterford was shown on different news channels around the world it didn’t look very well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Can’t get through to vet
    Noticed a cow with swollen back knee
    What best to give her?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement