Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭cjpm

Youtube comparison between Trusti Tuber vs Stomach tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGPq4BJTLUQ

The best job is the tube attachment that screws onto the top of the Speedy Feeder.

The Speedy Feeder is €24 complete with a teat. The stomach tubing attachment is a further €18 but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

That was one of the most picketed plants during the strike. I heard they are only killing a few days a week there at the moment. They paid enough for that place when they bought it of the Kellys.

The picket was organised by a local business man who's also a large beef farmer. Thought at the time it was bad form on his behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

cjpm wrote: »
    The best job is the tube attachment that screws onto the top of the Speedy Feeder.

The Speedy Feeder is €24 complete with a teat. The stomach tubing attachment is a further €18 but well worth it.

Yes, I have the speedy feeder with teat, I just might get the stomach tube attachment.

Can’t get through to vet
    Noticed a cow with swollen back knee
    What best to give her?

How is she now ?

What do you think happened to her, is she in a shed on slats with others and one of them stepped on her leg as she was laying down.

If she is in pain, maybe an anti-inflammatory ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

How is she now ?

What do you think happened to her, is she in a shed on slats with others and one of them stepped on her leg as she was laying down.

If she is in pain, maybe an anti-inflammatory ?

She seams fine
    She’s in a slatted pen, there was a cow rising and say she twisted on it
    If I didn’t go in, I wouldn’t of noticed
    Was thinking Betamox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

A shot of Metacam would help her if you have it.
    Can you take her off the slats until she recovers.

She seams fine
    She’s in a slatted pen, there was a cow rising and say she twisted on it
    If I didn’t go in, I wouldn’t of noticed
    Was thinking Betamox

Betamox, amoxcillin antibiotic. She seems to be hurt, so she wouldn't have an infection. A phone call to the Vet on call, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Has anyone ever bought anything on euro auctions? They have an auction in dromore next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,121 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I had a travelling salesman stop on the road today claiming to be from Clare selling plastic calf meal troughs that hang on a gate.
    Didn't buy. They looked good quality.
    Claimed they came from England.
    Driving a swb Landcruiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

I had a travelling salesman stop on the road today claiming to be from Clare selling plastic calf meal troughs that hang on a gate. Didn't buy. They looked good quality. Claimed they came from England. Driving a swb Landcruiser.

doubt hes from clare prob athlone id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,121 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

lab man wrote: »
    doubt hes from clare prob athlone id say

They always say they're from the opposite end of the country to where they are at that point in time.
    He mentioned a few places in Clare but he might as well of been speaking Japanese to me. I was going for the cows at the time and told him I'd no money on me.
    Don't worry I'll leave them here and be back in two days time. Eh..thanks but no thanks and I walked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

Has anyone ever bought anything on euro auctions? They have an auction in dromore next weekend.

I know someone who bought two three tonne mini diggers there a few years ago. Both were good machines but gave some small problems after they were bought. You need to factor this into the price you pay for anything at an auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

I paid 75 for the Trusti Feeder – and haven’t used it yet.

I am not too sure if it will get much use, the first thing that struck me about it was that it would be difficult to clean between the mouth piece and tube properly. I think the it will be back to plain stomach tubes here.

Great piece of kit , easy and safe to use, no issue in keeping it clean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

I had a travelling salesman stop on the road today claiming to be from Clare selling plastic calf meal troughs that hang on a gate.

Was he showing u the cheques the neighbours had wrote out for him!

That's where people sell trouble...

I wouldn't be a fan of that set up, it has a rigid tube which can be very difficult to insert when the feeder is full and is also very tricky to keep kinked at the joining especially when the calf moves. Not easy to shut off quickly when feeding either.
    Also those feeders only take 2.5l, which isn't enough for a feed of biestings, which is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

They always say they're from the opposite end of the country to where they are at that point in time.
    He mentioned a few places in Clare but he might as well of been speaking Japanese to me. I was going for the cows at the time and told him I'd no money on me.
    Don't worry I'll leave them here and be back in two days time. Eh..thanks but no thanks and I walked off.

There is a black lad in lanzarote who can name every village In the county you’re from. Knows the songs of the county. He sells the knock off handbags. One of the women with us said she would be back in September to buy from him, he said no good that he would be at the Spa for the matchmaking.

The women were lapping it up and only dealt with him.

Have to change the drinkers in the shed
    Would the DBL4 drinker suit?
    Good sturdy drinker alright with a handy bung in the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I wouldn't be a fan of that set up, it has a rigid tube which can be very difficult to insert when the feeder is full and is also very tricky to keep kinked at the joining especially when the calf moves. Not easy to shut off quickly when feeding either.
    Also those feeders only take 2.5l, which isn't enough for a feed of biestings, which is a pain.

They come in 4 L bottles now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

He was here and said he was from Kildare,

Junior had left his kit bag in his mate's car a few days previous. His mate is a guard and was passing in his work vehicle and called in to drop off the bag.

I've never seen a sales man to leave the yard so quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Again to stress, we both confirmed to the guards that nobody was injured and minor damage only to cars.

However after contacting my insurance company it turns out that I will likely be the liable party for the car damage which I can accept. But I have also found out that the other party is now also suddenly claiming a neck injury. I stressed to the insurer that they had confirmed multiple times everything was fine to me and the guards but that doesn't seem to matter.

i bought 4 a few yrs ago they were right strong and well made but way too deep for calves but they are ideal for rock salt etc for cows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Valentines day again, folks. Find out what Boardsie you find outstanding in their field in the link below:D

https://www.boards.ie/love.php

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Valentines day again, folks. Find out what Boardsie you find outstanding in their field in the link below:D

Well, I do have 3 women in the top 8. :rolleyes:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I'll post the valentine's cards later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    I'll post the valentine's cards later :D

Ah ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ah ffs

Ya in the dog house?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

ganmo wrote: »
    Ya in the dog house?

No top of the list for that other fella

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

Speedy feeder is a great little unit, have both of the attachments and very easy to use. Very good value at 50 odd quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭older by the day

There is a black lad in lanzarote who can name every village In the county you’re from. Knows the songs of the county. He sells the knock off handbags. One of the women with us said she would be back in September to buy from him, he said no good that he would be at the Spa for the matchmaking.

The women were lapping it up and only dealt with him.
    Dimi Barry Murphy. Gas man. Who havnt bought some trash of him. We Irish are mental irish when we 're away and constantly complaining about the place when we are home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭kk.man

orm0nd wrote: »
    The picket was organised by a local business man who's also a large beef farmer. Thought at the time it was bad form on his behalf.

Did Kepak Clare kill sheep as a matter of interest?

I always thought why did they buy such a small plant and pay big bucks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement