Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Retro I've been there in selling the family home and how different it is - walls of memory but so attachment left - which is both strange and sad - thw good thing is the memories come with you and then you can add new ones - it's kind of exciting - I'm raising my glass back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,048 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sending love to retro and happy memories of your mam. xx

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Listening to live Elbow music, the goosebumps, need to bucket list them..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deja Boo wrote: »
    fyp

tenor.gif?itemid=13976518

• Registered Users Posts: 13,048 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm here sitting in the same room as my mam who's watching Pulling with my Parents.
    There's some expressions and shenanigans that I don't even know what they're talking about so she must be flummoxed but in fairness she's very open-minded so taking it in her stride.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

Where am I.. in my new abode surrounded by boxes (and a glass of rose) Finally shut the doors today on the place I’ve only ever called home for over 30 years. I had been purposely leaving a few bits behind because I never wanted the last day to be the last day, but today it was. The place where I cared for my mam in her final years of life. The place where I had my first ever cup of tea and she her last. It’s funny how a place that was once so full of life, memories, laughter and comfort can quickly become just bricks and mortar once everything is stripped back and irreplaceable people gone. Not sure if I’m doing the right thing yet but sure look. No one ever said it was going to be easy. Cheers anyway! *clinks to a nearby box

Lovely post.. both happy and sad..
    Enjoy the new home !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Squeaky clean and warm after the shower. Yawning.Hope the world feels like a better place for all in the morning. Oiche maith. There's either one too many or too few 'h' s in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Codladh Sámh Wid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Where am I.. in my new abode surrounded by boxes (and a glass of rose) Finally shut the doors today on the place I’ve only ever called home for over 30 years. I had been purposely leaving a few bits behind because I never wanted the last day to be the last day, but today it was. The place where I cared for my mam in her final years of life. The place where I had my first ever cup of tea and she her last. It’s funny how a place that was once so full of life, memories, laughter and comfort can quickly become just bricks and mortar once everything is stripped back and irreplaceable people gone. Not sure if I’m doing the right thing yet but sure look. No one ever said it was going to be easy. Cheers anyway! *clinks to a nearby box

congrats on your new home :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sweet dreams to those sleepward bound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Just spent 20 minutes outside waiting for a meteorite to show or anything, alas. Got to bid good evening to the local fox, he's around early tonight must have forgotten to change his clock.
    Great post retro, happy times to you ahead!

Best wishes in your new home Retro,I hope you'll be very happy there.xxx

Couchside with the Glenroes, I've had the laziest weekend ever,there's no doubt about it but I could happily be a lady of leisure for the rest of my life .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside yawning
    I could happily be a lady of leisure for the rest of my life .

I'd say we all could 😏

Sweet dreams all 😴😴 x

Night Seph.. Still listening to Elbow here, feeling a bit melancholy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It's a frosty starlit night out there. I'm contemplating life and how stars can be little beacons for those once near and now way too far to reach. I often think of my Dad when saluting the night sky - tonight is one of those nights. Night all.

I like that Pretzill, i spent a lot of time staring at the sky at home, must look up more - not while driving kids!. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,472 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Bedside, going to be a frosty morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, night all:)

Night kids :) Remember to look out for cobwebs in the morning outside, utterly magnificent in frost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, settled in for the night. Early to college in the morning, not looking forward to the frost early tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Moomoomacshoe

In bed at last with cold toes and really missing my toe warmer hot water bottle man right now!
    Heading off to sleep feeling very thankful for my amazing friends and family..nothing better than a sleep wrapped in gratitude on this frosty night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lying in bed awake.

Pesky wind outside is picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all, getting the Nespresso into me before my office day starts, took the mutt for a drive last night, wife opened the rear seat window for him and it won't come back up and close, so its off to the mechanic.

Looking on the bright side, its 28 degrees so I wont freeze as I drive there.

Smurf you must be close to your holidays now, hope your truck gets fixed before that happens

Coffee time, waiting for florist to open at home so I can get flowers delivered today to my Mam. It's her birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Tuesday!!!

Heading to the coalface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Wrecked after good chats with a friend. He is luckiest mans friend first, but we got on really well because he thinks I’m such a liability. I knew a little bit of his history, and that he didn’t really trust anybody but last night we were chatting away and he told me everything that had happened to upset him, stuff that luckiest man wouldn’t even know and they’re good friends. I am really glad this morning that he feels he can trust at least one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....there's a strength in being together like a steel bar that won't bend, never mind the strangers cos I'll always be your friend...

Morning all,

It's a just sunrise now - clearish with light cloud 4C

Kithchenside with coffee...at least it's a short week

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Struggling to remove myself from the bed this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement