Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Well, I decided tonight to re-wire the 2 hacked xbox pads I have as they were connected to a Jamma fingerboard as i was trying something different that just didn't work out.

Was a bit of a pain to get it re-wired to the AMP-UP connector thing but at least I now have a simple plug and play solution.
    All I have to do is lift up the cpanel and disconnect one amp up and connect another and I can play away on the 360.

It's not hard to do as most of you know but it is tedious.

I wired up the "Guide" button on the player 1 360 pad to a hidden button beneath the control panel so I can access that when I need to without using one of the main control panel buttons.

Anyone know were I can get a few(16-24) contact pins for female AMP UP connectors?
    Somewhere in Ireland or the UK that wont charge me 20 quid delivery for a few Euro worth of pins would be best.
    I'd normally get them from starcab or Neo Legend when ordering other parts but these are all i need at the moment and they want to charge me a load on delivery.

These ones:
    CN140.jpg

http://www.starcab.net/product_info.php?cPath=90_201&products_id=673

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

Is this the one?

If that is not the one, check the rest of the site, I'm confident that it will be there.

Radionics are based in Rialto, Dublin. You can pick up your order or get it delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Radionics do them, there are a couple of different sizes though

yeah, it looks like the right one but it does come in different sizes.
    I'll need to check it out.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Anyone read the Jap arcade mag "Arcadia"?

Most Jap mags I can read and get the general idea as to what the story is about by the pictures etc. But I just cant make out half of what's going on in Arcadia!

Although I totally get the half naked girls dressed in and out of cosplay that appear every few issues :D

I'd post a pic but that's probably a hangin offence round these parts I'd say.
    Basically its hot girls in clothes you would expect Retr0 to be wearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Steve SI wrote: »
    Anyone read the Jap arcade mag "Arcadia"?

Yup. I bought the Cave special which arrived last week. I liked it, though I prefer GameSide.

Going to learn to read, or at least try to read, them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

you can also get the Amp up pins on

http://www.giz10p.co.uk/

Uk based site with cheaper shipping.
    used them a few times and they're very good for bits and bobs

Damn, Went to install the new chassis on my machine today and the power connections don't match up :(

dsc5696d.jpg

Anyone know what my options are?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

If its to be a permanent connection I'd remove both connectors and solder the power lead thru the pcb.

Other options..

Find a matching connector to crimp to the cable side
    Replace the pcb connector with terminal blocks, the cable will screw fix to these
    Solder the cable to the existing connector pins, bit of heat-shrink to tidy it up

Just make sure the polarity is correct before committing to anything, all working with dangerous voltage warnings apply...

• Advertisement

Thanks all,
    I have a compatible power cable on the way.

So hopefully I'll get this chassis installed next week.

So once I've replaced the chassis that will be the nearly ever part replaced with better parts inside the cab.

So my lovely arcade machine will be transformed into a Karaoke machine for the next 2 nights while my girlfriends sister visits from Italy :(

It's a sin I tell ya, should have never shown her those singing games on the Xbox 360.

Looks like its Lady Gaga and Edele in Italian accents for the next couple of nights for me :(:o:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So my lovely arcade machine will be transformed into a Karaoke machine for the next 2 nights while my girlfriends sister visits from Italy :(

It's a sin I tell ya, should have never shown her those singing games on the Xbox 360.

Looks like its Lady Gaga and Edele in Italian accents for the next couple of nights for me :(:o:mad:

God almighty. Never an inverter failure when you need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You'll need to give your cab a good scrubbing with soap and maybe a few blessings from a priest to get over that.

I might use the horror of Karaoke as leverage in my plot to take over our spare bedroom for more game/tech storage.

I keep sending stuff down to the family home for storage but its a pain when you want something at 3am and its counties away :(

And its always 3am I need something, never 3pm or 1pm or even 5pm, always 3am :confused:

At long last I've sourced myself an Egret 3 2 player 6 button panel(2L12B) for a decent price :D

Few pics from the seller(just the panel, he can keep his buttons and sticks :rolleyes:).

6ede5b1c.jpg
    c5ece061.jpg
    a6c9af3e.jpg

Nice clean reverse on it as well.

bcb04d6e.jpg

Hopefully I'll have it in the next week or so.

I got my new CP plate almost kitted out tonight. Couldn't resit a quick test of the parts I bought. I fitted the buttons and went to fit the sticks but found I had no bolts the right size until I remove my LS-32's from my old CP plate.

The VF plates are snazzy and are a perfect fit to the HOT-2005 plate, so no bothers there having to source MS mount plates.

I had a little play around with the sticks, testing the throw and the general feel of the buttons. They are simply divine.

Sorry lads, everyone on the Interweb seems to prefer LS-32's and Sanwa sticks and buttons. I'm a Seimitsu fan, the buttons are absolutely delicious and I just know these LS-56-01's are going to be absolute bliss for shooting games.

A cute touch was the guy in Portugal, whom I bought the CP plate from, packed and shipped the whole thing in a Seimitsu box. Nice one. I'm an official Seimitsu fanboy now. :o

Hurry up you 2.8mm spades, I need this bad boy fitted pronto!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Any update Pyong on your 56's? Can't remember what the last item you were waiting on was.

No news, still waiting for the order from Germany to arrive. I'm hoping they land this week.

I'm putting together a punch list of what needs to be covered in the video so I leave no stone unturned!

I have all the buttons installed in the new CP and have some new start buttons coming from Germany too. The stock ones are screw-in Sanwa, I wanted a complete Seimitsu CP throughout so I ordered two snap in Seimitsu 24mm buttons, in Astro yellow of course.

More to come, if I can stop playing Ibara and Dai Ou Jou for a second!

Pyongyang wrote: »
    No news, still waiting for the order from Germany to arrive. I'm hoping they land this week.

I'm putting together a punch list of what needs to be covered in the video so I leave no stone unturned!

I have all the buttons installed in the new CP and have some new start buttons coming from Germany too. The stock ones are screw-in Sanwa, I wanted a complete Seimitsu CP throughout so I ordered two snap in Seimitsu 24mm buttons, in Astro yellow of course.

More to come, if I can stop playing Ibara and Dai Ou Jou for a second!

Cool stuff, ah yes I forgot you ordered the non-01 versions. Have to say I've never used Seimitsu buttons, just the sticks.

As I mentioned I ordered those 58-01s from akihabara, was the first thing I've ever ordered from them and I must say their website is sh1te, my order also went missing although they received my paypal no problem funnily enough. :rolleyes:
    In fairness to them they did reply to emails pretty quickly, I'm just hoping they've actually been shipped etc.

No time for Ibara et al these days unfort. Managed 15 mins on Raiden last night before I wasted 10 mins of my life listening to Enda tell me it wasn't our fault we're in this mess (yet we still have to bend over). Downloading a few superplays for Ibara atm to see what they're like.

• Advertisement

Seimitsu are my favourite now. There is definitely a difference between them and Sanwa. A small difference apparently, but I personally just like how easily they snap in (better than my Sanwa buttons for some reason) and the actual feel of them when you're mashing buttons.

I've not had trouble with Akihabarashop before, but I agree, their website sucks butt. I learned a lesson with SAL shipping though that's for sure.

Guess what turned up today? Those bloody spades. :mad:

Still, the 56-01's are going to a good home, I'll just wait for my 56's to arrive now. Looking forward to your thoughts on the 58's, I nearly got them instead but the longer throw put me off.

Yeah I'm curious as to how the 58's will feel. Tbh I'll never be a master shmupper since I'll never have the proper time to invest in these games, so my thinking is that the 58's might make my casual playing a bit better/easier. I do play non-shmups on the cab so if they're rubbish for other games then I'll prob just install them on the player 1 side and use player 2 for normal games (billy no mates :pac:). Although it only takes a couple of mins to replace a stick.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Tbh I'll never be a master shmupper

Neither will many of us, myself included. Like yourself though, I'm a casual gamer. However there's a lot to be said for improving your game with the right tools. Now I've been able to test the 56 throw, I know I'll be helped a lot more in terms of precision control than I would with something that you push in a direction and wait 97 hours for it to return to it's destination because the throw spans 3 continents.

Did I tell you the CP & Overlay I bought was packed in a Seimitsu branded box? How cute! <3 Seimitsu! :D

Anyone ever got stuff from Giz10p.co.uk?

I've ordered a few AMP UP pin connectors(65) but the order's been processing for hours. I just had a look and they do say you have to order an equal amount of AMP Up connectors for the amount of pins ordered.

Surely that cant be right!

I've ordered a few AMP UP pin connectors(65) but the order's been processing for hours. I just had a look and they do say you have to order an equal amount of AMP Up connectors for the amount of pins ordered.

Ordered a power supply from them ages ago and it arrived fine etc. Just had a look at the description on those pins - yeah that sounds very strange. Nobody is ever going to order 1 connector per pin. :confused: Maybe fire him an email if you haven't already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Since when have you ever ordered an uneven amount of things anyway? :confused::D

Just got my order cancelled and an email from Craig.
    Sorry but we have had to cancel you order, as stated on the web store pins for the AMP UP connectors can only be ordered in equal quantities to connectors, I.E. 2x 12 pin connectors would equal a maximum order of of 24 pins.

Sorry but due to the problems restocking the pins for these connectors this is the only way we can supply them.

Scratch what I said, that's just plain weird. Maybe try Neo Legend? Pins there bit more expensive but at least you can order them however you want.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Scratch what I said, that's just plain weird. Maybe try Neo Legend? Pins there bit more expensive but at least you can order them however you want.

The delivery from Neo Legend is to expensive for just a handful of connector pins.
    I'll have a look around and see what I can find online.

Bit of a money making scheme from Giz10p though, I thought they were supposed to be good.
    Oh well

Edit:
    Said feck it an ordered one connector for every 12 pins I need.
    I suppose its always handy to have spares for my spares that also have spares.

• Advertisement

Got the new Egret 3 control panel installed this evening.

Went from this:
    dsc6028.jpg

To this (all new buttons but the same sticks):
    dsc6079q.jpg

It's the first time I've taken the panel off and the dirt under it was nasty.
    dsc6061.jpg

Quick clean and happy days.
    dsc6066k.jpg

Can anyone tell me what these black things are for exactly, I assume some sort of cable tidy system but I'm not 100 percent sure.

dsc6049m.jpg
    dsc6050k.jpg

You can see how I've installed the 2 hidden buttons in this pic.
    Far left is wired to the Jpac and set as "Escape" at the moment and the far right is wired to the Guide/Home button on the hacked Xbox 360 pads.
    (I know I can use the shift keys on the Jpac and I do but the buttons there purely for handiness sake and having the 360 Guide button on the cpanel is damn handy)
    dsc6030.jpg

Other pics(might be useful to someone some day):
    dsc6056w.jpg

dsc6033j.jpg

dsc6070.jpg

dsc6082h.jpg

dsc6084c.jpg

Advertisement