Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Think I might have found somthing Epic.

One of my friends just told me theres a 2 player point blank machine sitting in a corridor in the college down the road from me. One someone there said its been there for months, just going to be thrown out they thought

Looks like its time for Mr. Burton to pay a visit to whoever is in charge of this!

Quickly rings all colleges in the vicinity of location listed on adverts profile;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well Just hopefully its still there when I go down on monday. It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine!

Found a couple of guys online storing their jamma boards like this
    PCB-InCasing.jpg
    or this which is even more protective
    PCB_Sandwiches.jpg
    Think I'll give it a go with mine, 2 of my boards died and I cant help but think if they were not knocking around a wardrobe for the last 5 years they'd still be working

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

PCB-InCasing.jpg
    PCB_Sandwiches.jpg
    Think I'll give it a go with mine, 2 of my boards died and I cant help but think if they were not knocking around a wardrobe for the last 5 years they'd still be working

Very interesting.
    I've seen something similar done with perspex. But I think I'd rather use MDF like in your pics as the OCD in me would want to protect the perspex from scractes and marks whereas with wood you don't really have that issue.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Very interesting.
    I've seen something similar done with perspex. But I think I'd rather use MDF like in your pics as the OCD in me would want to protect the perspex from scractes and marks whereas with wood you don't really have that issue.

Perspex would be awesome for 5minutes until the dust, fingerprints and scrapes set in:D

• Advertisement

Perspex would be awesome for 5minutes until the dust, fingerprints and scrapes set in:D

Yeah, the perspex would look great polished up for some pics but you just couldn't live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Very nice looking I must say.
    Beats stacking them on a chair as I have been.I must say Jamma boards seem to be resilent as f**k.

Anyone know anywhere where you can purchase nice mounting boards for jamma and cps2 boards. Something that doesn't involve screws for easy changing? Yet to come across anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I have to disagree. It's great in principle, but day to day it'd get on your jabs.

I keep the precious few PCB's I own in pink bubble wrap for now, but I'll house them in 'pizza boxes' soon enough. Label them up on the spine and chuck a mini marquee on the lid. Job done.

That said, when I hopefully get Batrider this year, I'll sit that on a velvet cushion, fan it with palm leaves and bathe it in goat milk every day. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

mmmmmmm...
    Batrider,feck the bubble wrap I'd sleep with that every night.
    Never let it out of your warm embrace

Never let it out of your warm embrace

That's my secret plan. As well as having the guy/girl behind the counter having their photo taken with me as I hand over a small fortune for a game! :o

• Advertisement

Anyone know a good place selling an Irem > Jamma adapter?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

PCB-InCasing.jpg
    PCB_Sandwiches.jpg

Spotted them on AO too, handy if you have the additional space needed to store them - presume you'd put them into a cupboard to keep the dust off them (unless you have tons of cabs). I just store mine in bubble wrap and inside the boxes they came in.

Does anyone know what the name of those metal feet things are in the pics above? Or where to get them? I spotted someone else use them to connect two pad hack pcbs together and thought it would be handy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Would normal PCB feet not do ya no? Those metal ones do look nicer though, I have to say...

I'd love to do that with my PCBs. Unfortunately space is currently an issue for me too..so I also just keep them all bubble wrapped in the box they were delivered in.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Would normal PCB feet not do ya no? Those metal ones do look nicer though, I have to say...

I'd love to do that with my PCBs. Unfortunately space is currently an issue for me too..so I also just keep them all bubble wrapped in the box they were delivered in.

Heh I probably wasn't clear. I have PCB feet for connecting PCBs to MDF but I was thinking of connecting two 360 pad PCBs together so normal PCB feet wouldn't work. I was thinking of putting them in a box of some sort, see ondafly's youtube vid here of the black box he has. Those taller steel feet/leg things above would to the trick though. If I could find the pic of the pad hacks connected together it would explain it better. :)

o1s1n wrote: »

I think they are hexagonal pcb spacers see here

I think they are hexagonal pcb spacers see here

Excellent thanks, that looks like them alright. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Have my first cab back together after all my work and just tested my Lindbergh its a noisy bitch, much like the chihiro I will post afew more pics if anyone is interested.

fccdadf9.jpg

Gun cab home next then carnevil and a jamma.

If anyone is looking for a jamma project cab let me know, will have one in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Awesome black looks well cool, thats 2 nice black ones on boards now :)

I got EMS Topgun III Installed in my Upright this weekend,
    took 30 mins to setup and only 33e.

Great fun and I read AimTraks are better but recoil and wireless on it work a treat... Loving it... My mame cab can handle most games but TimeCrisis And Carnevil and running pretty slow on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Can someone point me in the direction of that adapter thing you stick on the back for your graphics card to add scan lines to your monitor? Ive gone back a few pages here looking for info on it but cant seem to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

keithgeo wrote: »
    Can someone point me in the direction of that adapter thing you stick on the back for your graphics card to add scan lines to your monitor? Ive gone back a few pages here looking for info on it but cant seem to find it.

One of these ?
    http://www.arcadeshop.de/Audio-Video-Scanline-Generator-SLG3000-v2_1078.html

Most emulators have the ability to add scanlines as well, you could try this and spare a few quid.

• Advertisement

yep thats the one i was looking for. I have the scanlines going with the emulators at the minute alright, I have the pc setup not to show anything "windows" related and go straight into hyperspin, I have a jukebox setup on it too and when that launches it has no scanlines.

Im thinking of getting this to save hassle with fake scanlines and to put scanlines over everything from boot up. Im in two minds over getting it though to be honest.

I wonder is the scanline effect with this thing, better than the scanline effect that the emulators simulate.

In a word, yes. The SLG is hot tweakable so you can alter the scanlines to your exact needs.

Not all eyes or all displays are alike.

It works with an LCD monitor? (pc monitor not a arcade monitor)

It mentions on the page there that it works at 640x or 800x if i was to set the resolution of the pc to 800x do you set it on this thing with a switch or something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm a happy bunny with the G-Net in full effect.
    G-Darius is as cool as I remember, and as hard!
    Super Puzzle Bobble is interesting as I thought I had seen and played every version in the series, not sure if it will warrant a CF card all of it's own though!

I have noticed the top of the display is missing.
    Is this something I can correct with adjustments to the display pots on the Supergun?
    I don't want to experiment and bugger it up!

Also, what would you recommend as my next Jamma buy?
    I now have a mod bios G-Net and a mod bios MVS board.
    Are there any other similar multigame Jamma solutions that are not manky PC on a board efforts??

Congratulations! It's a great bit of kit isn't it? Maybe adjust the pots on your supergun or the CRT settings? Mine displays fine on my Astro. Give Night Raid a blast, it's fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm a happy bunny with the G-Net in full effect.
    G-Darius is as cool as I remember, and as hard!
    Super Puzzle Bobble is interesting as I thought I had seen and played every version in the series, not sure if it will warrant a CF card all of it's own though!

I have noticed the top of the display is missing.
    Is this something I can correct with adjustments to the display pots on the Supergun?
    I don't want to experiment and bugger it up!

Yup, on your new supergun there are adjusting pots for the H&V sizes I believe from memory. You could wait for me to adjust OR do it yourself being careful with very slight adjustments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Also, what would you recommend as my next Jamma buy?

A cab ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    A cab ;)

Too right! :D

Ciderman - I don't think there are any other multi games solutions other than buying dodgy multi PCBs.

The only other cart systems I can think of off the top of my head are PGM, STV, Sega Mega tech, Jaleco Mega 32 and Atomiswave.

None of which, to my own knowledge, have anything like MVS multi carts.

Maybe there's something else out there which uses compact flash like your G-Net. I haven't heard of anything though.

How about just collecting some bog standard PCBs? They're a thing of beauty :)

And apparently Atomiswave carts are very prone to bootlegs, think Pyonyang said the same about the STV system. If you can't get a cab into your house then get some PCBs as o1s1n says, there's something cool about them for sure and playing them on that big Trinitron of yours would be awesome.

• Advertisement

Quick tip for people who are having problems mounting stuff like consoles and hacked pads inside their cabs.
    Get some sugru and use that to stick them anywhere(even the sides or back of the cab can be used, especially for the smaller stuff like the hacked pads or smaller consoles like the DC).

The sugru can be worked like bluetac but cures to a rubber/silicone material and it sticks to nearly anything and is heat resistant so it wont fall to pieces if it gets hot in there.

It's also fairly easy to remove in the future if you need to but might leave a little stain on some materials so maybe get it in the colour that best matches what it will be sticking to.

I also used some to stop the sub woofer inside the cab from vibrating when the sound gets really loud.

Advertisement