Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Looks super
    They are cable tie bases, they are available in any electrical wholesalers or maplin if you want to pay through the roof for them
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/cable-tie-bases-6235

Don't mind funny text below
    01-adhesive-base_red-cable-tie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Looks super
    They are cable tie bases, they are available in any electrical wholesalers or maplin if you want to pay through the roof for them
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/cable-tie-bases-6235

Don't mind funny text below
    01-adhesive-base_red-cable-tie.jpg

Ahh, handy things to have on the panel actually.

Cheers

Anyone know what kind of button this is(the white one)?
    It's got a zippy microswitch on it and the only markings on the button says "xou3h". I think it's a Happ button but not sure so maybe someone here might use them and be able to confirm.
    If you know the exact model of button that's a bonus.

My button (beside a Sanwa OBSF 30 for size comparison)
    dsc6133t.jpg
    dsc6118m.jpg

Happ button (it does look very like one):
    button.jpg

I have a feeling its this exact button but again if someone uses them maybe they can confirm either way?
    http://www.starcab.net/product_info.php?cPath=219_163_165&products_id=526
    or this one maybe
    http://www.arcadeshop.de/Action-Buttons-Pushbutton-SL-white_533.html

Also looking to track down what type of joystick this is.
    It might just be a generic stick as I dont see any real branding on it.
    And yes those wires are soldered to the micro switches :(

dsc6140.jpg

dsc6142.jpg

dsc6143.jpg

Any help would be really appreciated as its for a little project I'm doing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Looks like the buttons i have,

http://www.ultimarc.com/JShopServer/section.php?xSec=6

looks exactly the same, "classic pushbuttons for happ controls" on this page

keithgeo wrote: »
    Looks like the buttons i have,

http://www.ultimarc.com/JShopServer/section.php?xSec=6

looks exactly the same, "classic pushbuttons for happ controls" on this page

Yeah, I think you're right.
    Can you have a look at your buttons and see if they have "xou3h" on them anywhere.

• Advertisement

Steve, yeh no problem, it will be tomorrow though as im in work now and its christmas party night! :pac:

Steve, yeh no problem, it will be tomorrow though as im in work now and its christmas party night! :pac:

Yeah, no problem.
    Cheers.

On another note I just got my Giz10p.co.uk delivery.
    Fairly fast delivery and packed well.

Nothing exciting in it, just AMP UP pins and connectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I thought that button was a leaf button but it doesn't have the surround on it.

In LS-56 news, arcadeshop.de finally shipped my goodies. Hopefully I'll have them before next weekend.

Has anyone here got a Suzo 500 stick? I'm toying with getting one and LS-32 modding it.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I thought that button was a leaf button but it doesn't have the surround on it.

I thought the leaf things were just silent micro switches and not a brand of button?

On that note, for those who have or are thinking of getting the iCade(the buttons and stick in question are from the iCade).

What's inside an Ion iCade?
    http://www.retrovia.ie/showthread.php/6177-What-s-inside-an-Ion-iCade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

A little to flashy for my taste.. that control panel has to induce nausea..

A little to flashy for my taste.. that control panel has to induce nausea..

Yeah, I don't think I could actually play that.
    It's tack level is just to high.

My candy cab kind of fits in to the house I live in without looking to out of place. This think would need to be stored in a shed away from the eyes of most humans

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

One nasty mess that yoke is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

@Steve SI:
    Those buttons are cheap-o Chinese Zippy buttons.
    They are design-based on iL/Happ buttons, but use different (crap) microswitches.

The joystick is a generic JLF knock-off; you could get away with replacing the microswitches with either Cherry or Japanese MS-O-3R switches.

Leaf switches are NOT microswitches, they operate on a different principles.
    DSCN1438.jpg

@Pyongyang:
    The Suzo 500 (also known as Eurostick, Multiway Joystick) is a highly-regarded shmup stick, but it's quite large and ugly.
    I've recently heard of a custom joystick called the "Virtstick" which is apparently the best shmup stick ever.
    But take that with a grain of salt; I've heard the same for Seimitsu LS-32, LS-40 & LS-56.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    @Steve SI:
    Those buttons are cheap-o Chinese Zippy buttons.
    They are design-based on iL/Happ buttons, but use different (crap) microswitches.

The joystick is a generic JLF knock-off; you could get away with replacing the microswitches with either Cherry or Japanese MS-O-3R switches.

Leaf switches are NOT microswitches, they operate on a different principles.
    DSCN1438.jpg

@Pyongyang:
    The Suzo 500 (also known as Eurostick, Multiway Joystick) is a highly-regarded shmup stick, but it's quite large and ugly.
    I've recently heard of a custom joystick called the "Virtstick" which is apparently the best shmup stick ever.
    But take that with a grain of salt; I've heard the same for Seimitsu LS-32, LS-40 & LS-56.

Cool thanks.
    So I think I'll get some better quality real arcade buttons and micro switches and it will be a nice little upgrade to the iCade.
    I suppose for the price they weren't going to be sticking the best components in there.

I've heard those Virtstick joysticks are supposed to be nice all right(not my cup of tea but I'm sure Pyongyang would love them). virtvic makes them over on AO if anyone wants one.

Thanks KO Kiki. Yeah the Virtstick is completely custom. I've been talking to the guy that makes them but he's stopped doing them for now. :(

I'm keen on a Suzo 500, just for variety.

As for that cab, it looks like the Fresh Prince threw up on it. Get a Viewlix! :)

I checked my buttons there anyway, my two white one and two player ones have suzo happ on them all the blue ones have iL on them, no sign of any numbers or anything.

I checked my buttons there anyway, my two white one and two player ones have suzo happ on them all the blue ones have iL on them, no sign of any numbers or anything.

Thanks for that.

I think the ones I have are just cheapy versions. I'll replace them with proper ones.

Came home to this abomination earlier.

dsc6159fe.jpg

And this.
    dsc6162h.jpg

Candy Cabs are NOT for decorating. They are a decoration themselves and require no extra shiny bits.
    I love Christmas and decorations and all but you don't touch a dudes candy.

And to make matters worse its all held up with the cheapest stickiest tape I've ever seen. Loads of gunk left on the plastic :mad:

I got the replacement chassis installed on my cab yesterday.
    I'm having a few issues with it but I'm trying to work them out over on AO.

Hope I don't have to go back to the old chassis as the screen on the cab looks really really nice now with this different chassis(apart from the one remaining issue of it popping in and out of focus).

When it is in focus and running at 15hz its now a thing of beauty and I've rarely seen such a nice picture on an arcade monitor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »

Hope I don't have to go back to the old chassis as the screen on the cab looks really really nice now with this different chassis(apart from the one remaining issue of it popping in and out of focus).

When it is in focus and running at 15hz its now a thing of beauty and I've rarely seen such a nice picture on an arcade monitor.

Refresh rate of the gods

EnterNow wrote: »
    Refresh rate of the gods

Ohh the pixels, the scanlines :D:D:eek::eek:
    Really hope I can sort out the problem.

I went from a newer Rodotron 666A-29PDF to a older Wei-Ya 3129D chassis that Ronnie sent along with the replacement monitor a while back.

The Wei-Ya chassis must be of a higher quality than its more modern compatible replacement because the picture is "The Bomb" :D

Ohh the pixels, the scanlines :D:D:eek::eek:
    Really hope I can sort out the problem.

I went from a newer Rodotron 666A-29PDF to a older Wei-Ya 3129D chassis that Ronnie sent along with the replacement monitor a while back.

The Wei-Ya chassis must be of a higher quality than its more modern compatible replacement because the picture is "The Bomb" :D

You went to the US with Ciderman yeah? Doope :cool:

You went to the US with Ciderman yeah? Doope :cool:

I have an excuse though, I actually did spend some early teenage years there.

Although I'm not sure Quincy in Boston counts as the hood :D

I have an excuse though, I actually did spend some early teenage years there.

Although I'm not sure Quincy in Boston counts as the hood :D

Well wherever the feck Ciderman was, coming on here calling people dawg, homey & various combinations such as homedawg & brotherfromanudamuda

Well wherever the feck Ciderman was, coming on here calling people dawg, homey & various combinations such as homedawg & brotherfromanudamuda

That sounds like the down town Boston dialect he's speaking.
    Proper hood it is :)

Regarding the flickering, have you tried reducing the Vertical Size via the pot inside your cp? Maybe not the cause of the problem but it's worth a try nonetheless. You can get picture flickering/jumping if the image is too big vertically.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Regarding the flickering, have you tried reducing the Vertical Size via the pot inside your cp? Maybe not the cause of the problem but it's worth a try nonetheless. You can get picture flickering/jumping if the image is too big vertically.

I think i did try this but i'll do it again later to double check.

I think i did try this but i'll do it again later to double check.

Yeah maybe unlikely if the problem is defo caused by the chassis change but only takes 2 seconds to check. I know I got picture flickering/jumping once when I had tweaked the picture height for 360 testing and forgot to tweak it back down a notch for HS.

• Advertisement

Today is a glorious day. My bloody LS-56's arrived.

AT SODDING LAST! :D

Advertisement