Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Today is a glorious day. My bloody LS-56's arrived.

AT SODDING LAST! :D

Hah good man, now get to work on the video. ;)
    I got an email this morning from that aki crowd with a picture of my 58's saying they'll be wth me very soon yet they neglected to say when it shipped. It was in response to me saying a Paypal claim was incoming. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

It's so odd you're having such a hard time with them. I wonder if the issue is more widespread?

I shall get to work on the comparison video asap!

It's so odd you're having such a hard time with them. I wonder if the issue is more widespread?

I shall get to work on the comparison video asap!

No idea man, maybe it was the luck of the draw and they just cocked up my order. I'm guessing they're normally ok or folk would have bad mouthed them. Maybe same as arcadeshop.de, I've never had a problem with them yet you did with your sticks. Hopefully they get here before Chrimbo though. :)

Here are the chaps with the SS plates. Not sure how the coloured shafts and dust covers will look on the cp, then again I'm probably not bothered as long as they improve the shmup experience.

5801s.jpg

Cool on the video.

Today is a glorious day. My bloody LS-56's arrived.

AT SODDING LAST! :D

Hey if you get a chance could you take a pic of the underside of the PCB please? I'm curious if it has any LS-xx type model number on it. Cheers.

Will do. The package that arrived yesterday is still on my desk at home, unopened. Was busy writing last night so hopefully tonight I will get around to installing the new CP, sticks and buttons. :)

• Advertisement

Cheers dude. My 58-01s arrived this morning surprisingly enough. Thing is, the throw feels identical to some spare 32-01s I have, when I look at the PCB I can see it says LS-3 but the rest is hidden under a part that sits on top of it. I'm guessing the PCB might be common among some of the LS range and probably doesn't impact the feel of the stick but just curious what your PCB reads. Supposedly the 58-01 uses the same base as your 56-01 but with a softer spring. But the throw feels no different to a 32-01. Will try and install one later and see does it feel different when mounted (... :pac:).

That's very interesting to know re the 58-01. I knew from the product description it used a softer spring though if you are saying it's like an LS-32 in regards to the throw I'd probably not get along with it.

I'd be keen to see a video of the 58's next to the 32's. I can definitely confirm the 56's have a throw that's tighter than a nun's fanny though. CathalDublin got my 56-01's off of me, I'd be keen to see what he thinks of the throw on them.

Glad your packet arrived though, at last eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

anyone know where to get cheep sheets of perspex cut? need one for my arcade stick build and the front sheet on my poker machine is all scratched.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

I got mine in B & Q, they usually have few sheets, around 25e a pop.
    usually they dont label it as perspex, ask for polyacrylic.

Just been playing Night Raid on my G-Net PCB in the Astro.......................................................................which now has an entirely new CP plate, overlay, carriage bolts, twelve new buttons in astro pink and astro green, two brand new astro yellow start buttons, brand new coin slot and best of all, TWO SEIMITSU LS-56 STICKS!!!!!!

I kid ye not, if you hear on the news overnight that a river in North County Dublin burst it banks, that river was my ball sack and the bank that burst was my VAS DEFERENS DUMPING OCEANS OF TROUSER CUSTARD IN TO THE LIFFEY!

These sticks are without a doubt the best I've ever used. They. Are. S T U N N I N G!

However, bad news Greek Mother, I started making a video and the battery died on my DSLR, the battery in my Zi8 was also dead so I was done for. At which point I just went ahead and fit the lot in.

I will do a comparison in future though, promise!

Here's the CP looking sexually explicit. Fully kitted out, looks like a brand new CP... that's because it is, even the CP plate. :D

Consider my trumpet well and truly blown. Pun intended. :pac:

KRPsp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just been playing Night Raid on my G-Net PCB in the Astro.......................................................................which now has an entirely new CP plate, overlay, carriage bolts, twelve new buttons in astro pink and astro green, two brand new astro yellow start buttons, brand new coin slot and best of all, TWO SEIMITSU LS-56 STICKS!!!!!!

I kid ye not, if you hear on the news overnight that a river in North County Dublin burst it banks, that river was my ball sack and the bank that burst was my VAS DEFERENS DUMPING OCEANS OF TROUSER CUSTARD IN TO THE LIFFEY!

These sticks are without a doubt the best I've ever used. They. Are. S T U N N I N G!

However, bad news Greek Mother, I started making a video and the battery died on my DSLR, the battery in my Zi8 was also dead so I was done for. At which point I just went ahead and fit the lot in.

I will do a comparison in future though, promise!

Here's the CP looking sexually explicit. Fully kitted out, looks like a brand new CP... that's because it is, even the CP plate. :D

Consider my trumpet well and truly blown. Pun intended. :pac:

KRPsp.jpg

Very nice indeed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

kevin2me wrote: »
    I got mine in B & Q, they usually have few sheets, around 25e a pop.
    usually they dont label it as perspex, ask for polyacrylic.

will they cut it to size in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Pyongyang Between that thing of beauty and ur Blog update.
    Forget Game of the week, Ur Retro Dude of the week :)
    Gorgeous, now we definitely need that container of Candy Cabs Steve :)

Keith dont know if they cut to size for perspex but with mine I ran side of chisel few dozen times,
    And placed wood either side and simply whacked off unwanted piece with mallet and it came away clean, no need for cutting anything, but then mine was simple rectangle so made it easy out.
    Drilling holes for your led buttons was the hard part :)

Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cheers dude. My 58-01s arrived this morning surprisingly enough. Thing is, the throw feels identical to some spare 32-01s I have, when I look at the PCB I can see it says LS-3 but the rest is hidden under a part that sits on top of it. I'm guessing the PCB might be common among some of the LS range and probably doesn't impact the feel of the stick but just curious what your PCB reads. Supposedly the 58-01 uses the same base as your 56-01 but with a softer spring. But the throw feels no different to a 32-01. Will try and install one later and see does it feel different when mounted (... :pac:).
    PCB will say LS-33, which is funny because LS-33-01 has been out of production for ages now.
    I have a PCB that says LS-56 though, it came in my Konami Hyper Stick. Hope I remembered to buy the new switches for it.

cba buying LS-58 yet; LS-56 does me fine.

Hey Pyongy,
    Are the original astro controls green and pink or green and violet?

arcadelb35sancolors.jpg

It looks pink in your pic but sometimes violet looks pink if the light is a certain way.

Pretty sure it's pink; that's what the panels on Akishop come with.

Yep they are pink. Violet was for Egret cabinets I thought?

I've got the entire CP populated with Seimitsu parts, even the 1P/2P buttons. :D

The difference even in the buttons is noticeable. For me anyway, it feels a lot tighter. The Sanwa buttons (both on my old CP and console sticks that have them) have a looser feel that when pressed don't really feel as responsive.

A button is a button I guess but as a personal choice I can really notice the difference and it's me using them so.... :)

The sticks though are divine. The short throw is to die for. Playing Night Raid last night took a bit of getting used to as I was used to having to over-correct my movements with the LS-32's. With these LS-56 sticks the movement is so precise you automatically try to over correct. It'll take some getting used to but I think they are amazing, definitely my favourite stick that will probably only be equalled or bested by a Suzo 500 and/or Virtstick.

I love Seimitsu! :o

kevin2me wrote: »
    Pyongyang Between that thing of beauty and ur Blog update.
    Forget Game of the week, Ur Retro Dude of the week :)
    Gorgeous, now we definitely need that container of Candy Cabs Steve :)

Kev

I'll be there on Monday or Tuesday so will be checking this out some more.

Excellent job on the new CP Pyong, it looks top notch! I do like the overall look and shape of the Astro panels. :)

I installed one of the 58-01s yesterday and gave it a few mins go, yeah I think it actually does have a shorter throw than the 32 but not by a huge amount. Or maybe I'm not as finely tuned to these things as yourself, or maybe it was because the 32s were brand new also, not sure. Anyway the new stick is in so staying put for the time being, needs some testing on 360 shmups I think. :)

ls5801.jpg

Excellent job on the new CP Pyong, it looks top notch! I do like the overall look and shape of the Astro panels. :)

I installed one of the 58-01s yesterday and gave it a few mins go, yeah I think it actually does have a shorter throw than the 32 but not by a huge amount. Or maybe I'm not as finely tuned to these things as yourself, or maybe it was because the 32s were brand new also, not sure. Anyway the new stick is in so staying put for the time being, needs some testing on 360 shmups I think. :)

ls5801.jpg

Can I get matching shaft and dust covers for my Egret 3 JLF-TP-8YT sticks?

I've never seen them online anywhere and that picture makes my pants feel a bit tighter :D

• Advertisement

Just had a gawk and Neo Legend seem to sell them here.
    http://www.akihabarashop.jp also sell Seimitsu ones that it says works on JLFs with a bit of modification:

Just had a gawk and Neo Legend seem to sell them here.
    http://www.akihabarashop.jp also sell Seimitsu ones that it says works on JLFs with a bit of modification:

Cheers,
    Pity they don't have them in violet and dark blue though, the Egret 3 colours.

When I have my 3D printer this will not be an issue :)

Cheers Andrew76, the CP is looking fresh now after it's facelift. I need to look in to a harness for buttons 5 and 6 though as they are not connected to anything. Don't need them at the moment, but in future perhaps.

store.GameShark.net sell properly coloured JLF dustcover sets for £5.

Right, that's the Rodotron 666A chassis back in the candy and all is working well again.
    I even managed to tweak a few pots and get a sharper picture and even better geometry out of it and as always the colours are amazing on it.

I think I'll see about getting an original chassis at a later stage, perhaps one that's had a cap kit done on it and is proven working well.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any of you lads know where I can get an all in one unit Supergun? I have one of those Vogatek ones, but to be honest it's just too ugly. And I'm sick of the whole external PSU thing.

All the ones I've seen on ebay seem to cost a fortune. (like this -)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARCADE-SUPERGUN-JAMMA-PCB-CONSOLIZED-NEO-GEO-MVS-ATOMISWAVE-ST-V-CPS2-NAOMI-PGM-/150674948282?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2314ed40ba

Is there a nice cheaper (maybe €100 or thereabouts) option out there? Something with Neo Geo ports would be ideal. I can't seem to feckin find anything!

I've also found this, but it's one of these weird French ebay auctions where you cant buy the item straight up and I've no idea how to purchase them! (they also seem a tad dodgy)

http://annonces.ebay.fr/viewad/Supergun-Neo-Geo-MVS-Atomiswave-CPS2-CPS3-PCB-arcade/5045358379?bu=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.fr%2Fi.html%3F_trksid%3Dp4939.m570.l1313%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_from%3DR40%26LH_PrefLoc%3D0%26cmd%3DBlend%26_nkw%3Dsupergun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just for anyone who has a jtag in their cab, FSD 2.2 intro'd a nice little plugin which allows you to stream your game to the cab, rather then using a usb hdd. Compatability might need checking but it works well

That looks pretty nifty thanks. On a semi related note - is there anything specific you need to do to plug a usb drive into a jtag (FSD 2.1 I think)? Does it need to be formatted via the 360 settings or anything like that do you know? I know FTP works a treat but I'm just curious about the usb route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That looks pretty nifty thanks. On a semi related note - is there anything specific you need to do to plug a usb drive into a jtag (FSD 2.1 I think)? Does it need to be formatted via the 360 settings or anything like that do you know? I know FTP works a treat but I'm just curious about the usb route.

Not entirely sure, as the hdd I use is the 1TB one that's inside the case so it uses the arbitrary file system. I presume it's formatted in FAT32, you know, so you can put 'stuff' on it from within a Windows environment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Think I might have found somthing Epic.

One of my friends just told me theres a 2 player point blank machine sitting in a corridor in the college down the road from me. One someone there said its been there for months, just going to be thrown out they thought

Looks like its time for Mr. Burton to pay a visit to whoever is in charge of this!

Advertisement