Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ger8 wrote: »
    im new to prime and have it on my samsung tv but cant seem to find the games...

You probably have the Irish catalog. Get onto them on chat and tell them you want UK content

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Nijmegen wrote: »
    How do you get UK prime vs Irish prime...?

Go to the online chat. Tell them you are in UK a lot with work and you use it then. Ask can they change your region to UK. Worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Pacifico wrote: »
    You probably have the Irish catalog. Get onto them on chat and tell them you want UK content

Do you have to do anything other than ask them to switch it? Like pretend to be in the uk? use a uk address?

No. They'll ask you are you in the UK alright...just say yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Nijmegen wrote: »
    How do you get UK prime vs Irish prime...?

If you've registered with Revolut just get onto Amazon chat and they'll do it straight away. If you get access to fleabag season 1 they've transferred you over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ger8

No. They'll ask you are you in the UK alright...just say yes!

and how do i ask them...

Live chat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

It's strange - I don't remember ever asking them to change me to the UK yet I have the games. No complaints though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Fann Linn wrote: »
    If you've registered with Revolut just get onto Amazon chat and they'll do it straight away. If you get access to fleabag season 1 they've transferred you over.

I have access to Fleabag Season 1 but I dont see no football listed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Glebee wrote: »
    I have access to Fleabag Season 1 but I dont see no football listed

Can't help I'm afraid. I had the Irish version, got onto chat and have now the UK one. Including the soccer tonight.
    Try to get onto live chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

On live chat at the moment and they say I'm on Primevideo.com and will need a UK payment card and billing address - any ideas how to get around this?

They say they won't transfer my existing subscription over to UK version.

Do you have Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ger8

Live chat

thanks a mil. it worked perfectly...

My whole prime is messed up. I got them to swich me to the UK and it was working fine. Now it does not know if its in Ireland, UK or AMERICA. Keep getting ads for american football and showing me shows I can watch while travelling...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

primevideo.com is not carrying the games. log into your amazon.co.uk account

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Got mine switched grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Got on to live chat. Asked them to set my region to UK. No hassle all done they said.

Still cannot see the games. Either on the app on phone or on the apple on Appe TV.

Do I need to ask them to specifically set my Primevideo account to UK or my Amazon account in general. I thought they were linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

Got on to live chat and asked them to change location, The Rep has sent the request to the " concerned team '.....waiting for them to get back

Cushtie wrote: »
    Got on to live chat. Asked them to set my region to UK. No hassle all done they said.

Still cannot see the games. Either on the app on phone or on the apple on Appe TV.

Do I need to ask them to specifically set my Primevideo account to UK or my Amazon account in general. I thought they were linked.

Try logging into your amazon.co.uk account and see if the matches are there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Bot of a joke Amazon would buy the rights for Ireland also. Not impressed at all.

Premoer sports is as usual another rip off.

• Advertisement

Bot of a joke Amazon would buy the rights for Ireland also. Not impressed at all.

Premoer sports is as usual another rip off.

Do Amazon have the rights for Ireland?

You can blame the PL though, they were hawking these games around the streaming companies as a test bed. Apparently Netflix said no thanks.

Wheety wrote: »
    Do Amazon have the rights for Ireland?

You can blame the PL though, they were hawking these games around the streaming companies as a test bed. Apparently Netflix said no thanks.

Premier sports have the rights for ireland. I have sky. Dont want to get sky sports.

Wheety wrote: »
    Try logging into your amazon.co.uk account and see if the matches are there

No nothing there. Although when I click on the link on how to view premiership games it is telling me its not available for my location. I'm going to get on to Live Chat again and ask them to chage the Primevideo location to UK.

One other thing. I have the the free subscription as part of Eir Broadband package so maybe that's what's stopping it.

No nothing there. Although when I click on the link on how to view premiership games it is telling me its not available for my location. I'm going to get on to Live Chat again and ask them to chage the Primevideo location to UK.

One other thing. I have the the free subscription as part of Eir Broadband package so maybe that's what's stopping it.

I would say Amazon will clamp down on allowing ROI customers access fairly lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

Working now.....I just asked them on chat to change me over and they did with no questions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The Highlights section is excellent on the iPad app. Scroll through the timeline and watch a video of any action that you might have missed.

I think if you get the free prime with Eir you cant get the football. If you get switched to the uk you cant get the free Eir offer...

Mine works away on my phone and I never switched my account to UK.

Anyone with the free prime through Eir manage to get it working?

I wonder have they manged to block the Eir lp addresses or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Sign out and back in again

Advertisement