Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Ro-76 wrote:
    I still can't get it to work. Region is definitely set to UK and I get full access to all the included stuff, just can't rent or buy anything.

You need a UK card with a UK billing address to be able to rent. I have a Revolut card and use parcel motel UK address & can rent movies. Had the same card linked to my Dublin address and couldn't rent movies

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Ro-76 wrote:
    Did you change your billing address I the Revolut app?

This could throw up a flag in Revolut & they might freeze the account. You aren't just changing address but changing country. Best just to use the parcel motel address as a billing address on amazon only.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My billing address in revolut is my home address in Ireland, my billing address on amzon for my revolut card is my parcel motel address. You shouldn't need to change anything on the revolut app itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Mickeroo wrote: »
    My billing address in revolut is my home address in Ireland, my billing address on amzon for my revolut card is my parcel motel address. You shouldn't need to change anything on the revolut app itself.

Same as that. I have a strange feeling though that because my settings are set to UK now, when my current Prime Video sub is up and I switch to the Eir offer it would work because they think im in the UK...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was under the impression the eir offer won't work on a UK sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

I was under the impression the eir offer won't work on a UK sub.

Mmm I think it is for me but wouldn't mind if someone else could confirm working for them too!

I can definitely see on MyEir that am signed up for Amazon Prime as followed previous user instructions on Eir thread to sign up and now gives me the option to cancel Amazon Prime.

When I signed up with Eir offer was originally on Irish sub then changed Amazon address to UK one and contacted them on chat and got them to change my region and now seem to have UK content e.g. Smallville Series 1-10 available to me.

I hope there will be no issues as getting Amazon Prime through a mobile provider so once year up bill starts getting paid through my Eir bill so be an extra €5.99 which am happy with. I had Amazon Prime on another email address and kept getting cut off every month for some reason so this will work out well if I keep it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I'm sure this has already be raised but excuse my beginner status.

Can you rent and buy movies on Prime Video from Ireland...I'm not seeing the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Quick question - if I switch my prime video location with amazon from Ireland to UK, will that allow the prime videos to work on fire TV stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

My Prime on Firestick has decided to change regions to show everything on american Prime, everything showing up in dollers. No matter what I do I cant get it to set back to UK, tried deregiestering but still defaults to USA. All my seeting say im UK based and I had everything working last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bobbleheadmum

I have amazon prime have bought myself a firestick. However I have both a US and UK Amazon account both using the same email address. When I try to go into Prime Video It seems to have defaulted to the US account while showing my location in Ireland.can anyone advise how to fix this? Would I be best to unregister the stick, set up a different Amazon and switch my prime to that account? If I do this do I have to add my apps etc all over again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I got a fire stick years ago but could never get Amazon Prime Video to work on it. I was in touch with Amazon countless times and kept getting the same answer: the device isn't supported in your country, so I just gave up. At the time I got it specifically so I could access Amazon Prime Video, so the device was a bit useless. I ended up switching location on my PS3 to download the Amazon app so could get access that way instead. Found it very frustrating though with the fire stick. I take it it's still not officially supported here, since you can't actually order it to here from Amazon directly?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They only support the “Fire TV Stick Basic Edition” that does Prime Video and not much else with no Alexa or UHD. It’s really annoying given the Fire TV cube is being heavily trailed (guess I’ll just have to wait until Sky sorts out voice control that doesn’t require you to have the remote sitting in your hand at the time).

Oh did I mention that while every other Echo, Fire, and Kindle product is being heavily discounted for Black Friday, it is solidly stuck at full price. It’s mere existence is simply justification for Amazon’s refusal to support the Fire TV products outside of their core markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

As a complete novice, my firestick 4k came this morning. So far I have got on to amazon chat to change my location, I can now view movies and I think iplayer. I'm just trying now to do this VPN thing to ad apps, seems to be going ok so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭jones

bugsyb4 wrote: »

When I signed up with Eir offer was originally on Irish sub then changed Amazon address to UK one and contacted them on chat and got them to change my region and now seem to have UK content e.g. Smallville Series 1-10 available to me.

I hope there will be no issues as getting Amazon Prime through a mobile provider so once year up bill starts getting paid through my Eir bill so be an extra €5.99 which am happy with. I had Amazon Prime on another email address and kept getting cut off every month for some reason so this will work out well if I keep it!!

Did you just ask amazon to change your region to UK and they did it? Like you dont need to give any proof of the UK address etc? I've had prime for the last year or so and cancelled to take up the Eir offer. I thought it would be complicated to change to UK region but if they'll just change it happy days.

Update i just changed my region to UK at first it would not work but my default address was set to Ireland once i changed it they could manually change it on the system!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Anyone know what the hell is going on with Fleabag? For the past few months it was only season 2 that was available, then both seasons were unavailable and now season 2 is listed as unavailable while season 1 is viewable. Are they going through rights hell with the BBC with this show or what? :confused: I want to watch the bloody thing at some point but Amazon seemingly don't want me to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone know what the hell is going on with Fleabag? For the past few months it was only season 2 that was available, then both seasons were unavailable and now season 2 is listed as unavailable while season 1 is viewable. Are they going through rights hell with the BBC with this show or what? :confused: I want to watch the bloody thing at some point but Amazon seemingly don't want me to.

I noticed that with Fleabag too must be a rights issue

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

jones wrote: »
    Did you just ask amazon to change your region to UK and they did it? Like you dont need to give any proof of the UK address etc? I've had prime for the last year or so and cancelled to take up the Eir offer. I thought it would be complicated to change to UK region but if they'll just change it happy days.

Update i just changed my region to UK at first it would not work but my default address was set to Ireland once i changed it they could manually change it on the system!

Yeah I have my default address as a UK one I don't think it will work otherwise but looks like you got sorted anyway.

Hopefully no issues with viewing UK content now for the next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    But I think Fleabag S2 is available in Ireland and not UK though!

Still think better to be on UK content but that's one example where not..

No season 2 is not available in ireland

Season 2 has just begun a repeat run on Fridays at midnight on BBC One. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, may be a coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

icdg wrote: »
    Season 2 has just begun a repeat run on Fridays at midnight on BBC One. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, may be a coincidence.

I'm pretty sure they just finished a S1 rerun a few weeks ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I have a vpn switched to USA but I am still getting Irish content on my iPhone app, am I doing something wrong?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Have to say their search algorithm or whatever it's called is rubbish. Type in an actors name and it'll bring you up a pile of unrelated stuff and maybe one film of theirs in the middle. I searched a number of variations on "animation" and "comedy" and had no idea Bob's Burgers was on there until someone else told me it was. You also have to search for individual seasons of things instead of them being all together like on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Jayisplay wrote: »
    No season 2 is not available in ireland

Seems I can only buy it on the UK Prime

Got the firestick yesterday, all seemed well, but when I try looking at something on prime today, I'm getting the following message

Your device is not connected to the internet using a HTTP proxy or a virtual private network connection. Please close or disable any proxy programs or vpn connections and try again.

Total novice here, but of I disable them would I be able to watch as I thought it had to be a uk connection or something! I installed a vpn during set up yesterday.

You shouldn't need a vpn for the uk content but you would if you wanted to watch something on bbc iplayer for example.

You shouldn't need a vpn for the uk content but you would if you wanted to watch something on bbc iplayer for example.

It wouldn't let me watch anything yesterday on iplayer, i set up an account but when I went to watch something it said I didn't have a license! I have vpn unlimited installed.

Edit to say, it won't even let me watch Netflix

You have to say you have a tv license to watch iplayer if memory serves.

Try without the vpn for the other stuff and see how you get on, if your amazon account is properly set up as a UK one you won't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Can someone tell me what a fire stick is

• Advertisement

You have to say you have a tv license to watch iplayer if memory serves.

Try without the vpn for the other stuff and see how you get on, if your amazon account is properly set up as a UK one you won't need it.

Thanks Mick, it didn't give me the option about a licence. Prime works without the vpn, I uninstalled the one I had and reinstalled a different one, but still won't let me watch prime with it on. Am I ok to watch teatv ect without a vpn?? Not really sure what it is tbh, as I said, I am a complete novice. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement