Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I had to set up a username and everything for bbc iplayer, does it give you a link to a website to do that or anything? Every time I launch the app I have to choose that user then.

I've not got much experience with vpns, all I have on mine is a smart DNS (Getflix) for the iplayer & ITV but I can access everything else without that I'm pretty sure. Not familiar with teaTV though! (assuming taht's not a typo :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

icdg wrote: »
    Season 2 has just begun a repeat run on Fridays at midnight on BBC One. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, may be a coincidence.

Thanks but dammit!! I've missed Ep 1. Any place else to find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I had to set up a username and everything for bbc iplayer, does it give you a link to a website to do that or anything? Every time I launch the app I have to choose that user then.

I've not got much experience with vpns, all I have on mine is a smart DNS (Getflix) for the iplayer & ITV but I can access everything else without that I'm pretty sure. Not familiar with teaTV though! (assuming taht's not a typo :))

Yeah I had to do that as well, as from today the iplayer and itv hub is working. Not sure if it's because I changed the vpn. I have zero experience with vpns either. Just winging it with the help of youtube!

No, teatv not a typo, it's a movie app ;-) just a pain(not much to it though) to disconnect the vpn anytime I want to watch anything on prime!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Tried to get Amazon to change region code and this is response on chat:

A member of the relevant department will need to help you with this; however, they don't have phone or chat support. You can expect an e-mail response from them shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Gosh wrote: »
    Tried to get Amazon to change region code and this is response on chat:

A member of the relevant department will need to help you with this; however, they don't have phone or chat support. You can expect an e-mail response from them shortly.

Just to be clear with this - if you change the region to UK you obviously get the UK content - but do you also get the videos to work natively on a fire stick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Jayisplay wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what a fire stick is

It's like a rudimentary torch used pre-electricity for light that can be carried around. Nowadays it's just used for lynchings and lighting the Olympic flame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

8-10 wrote: »
    It's like a rudimentary torch used pre-electricity for light that can be carried around. Nowadays it's just used for lynchings and lighting the Olympic flame.

Exactly, just like a tracker mortgage, in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

So after my recent post moaning about my really old Fire stick that never played Amazon Prime, I decided to give it another bash and went through the Amazon shopping app and chatted with an agent. After a few moments of chatting and giving the device number, they asked me to see would something play on the stick and like magic, it did. I asked what they did (considering all my previous attempts at begging with agents to help had failed), they just said they "changed the account to Ireland". When I checked my normal app on my TV, it looks like they've actually switched me to the UK content without me asking them to.

Is there any downside to this? Is there content available in Ireland but not on the UK or is it always better with UK Prime Video? And would having your Prime Video set to the UK affect purchases through Amazon? I have Prime video because I subscribe to Amazon Prime UK (annual membership), as opposed to just a Prime Video sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Is there any downside to this? Is there content available in Ireland but not on the UK or is it always better with UK Prime Video? And would having your Prime Video set to the UK affect purchases through Amazon? I have Prime video because I subscribe to Amazon Prime UK (annual membership), as opposed to just a Prime Video sub.

UK content is a little better but the difference isn't what it was when prime video launched in Ireland originally. If fact Ireland has some shows & episodes before the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    UK content is a little better but the difference isn't what it was when prime video launched in Ireland originally. If fact Ireland has some shows & episodes before the UK.

Thanks for that. Any examples spring to mind? Wasn't sure if I should get back on to them about switching me back to the Irish one. Didn't wasn't to run into problems further down the line by being on the UK version. Only thing that annoyed me was my whole watchlist disappeared.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Thanks for that. Any examples spring to mind? Wasn't sure if I should get back on to them about switching me back to the Irish one. Didn't wasn't to run into problems further down the line by being on the UK version. Only thing that annoyed me was my whole watchlist disappeared.....

I'm on UK content while it's there. We'll all be Irish content after Brexit. I don't know what is on Irish prime. I have read posters here though saying certain shows & episodes are on Irish but not UK

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Hi there, anyone know the actual address that the UK version streams at? I've been having issues getting UHD (only on Saturday nights for some reason) speed tests all show full 240 (Virgin) no packet loss but stream just won't go above 1080. I am wondering whether it is just congestion or whether Virgin are sending me on a circuitous route to the server (they used to do this back in the day for SKY & NOWTV UK) so I want the server address to traceroute.

Also anyone else seeing a similar issue issue ?

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Dave..M wrote: »
    Hi there, anyone know the actual address that the UK version streams at? I've been having issues getting UHD (only on Saturday nights for some reason) speed tests all show full 240 (Virgin) no packet loss but stream just won't go above 1080. I am wondering whether it is just congestion or whether Virgin are sending me on a circuitous route to the server (they used to do this back in the day for SKY & NOWTV UK) so I want the server address to traceroute.

Also anyone else seeing a similar issue issue ?

Thanks !

fyi I am seeing an Akamai IP in the Netherlands (Amsterdam) for Amazon.co.uk ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

UK prime has all the premiership midweek football games this week, not sure about Irish prime, you should see a banner ad across the top

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

peteeeed wrote: »
    UK prime has all the premiership midweek football games this week, not sure about Irish prime, you should see a banner ad across the top

l

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ravenholm wrote: »

Many of us are on Uk prime though.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Anyone else having issues with City game? Keeps buffering here for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with City game? Keeps buffering here for me!

Same here. Chromecast from Android app. Keep having to stop and start. Am going to try on LG smart TV in a while. Will also try on a firestick.

So far it's not good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Working perfect for me on the LG TV app, in HDR too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Seemed to be working better on a Firestick on another TV. Will keep an eye on both, more looking for it to be working for Liverpool's game tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Working on my Sony Android TV. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anyone in Ireland got it going nah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Working fine for me - Amazon Prime app on a Samsung TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Working perfectly for me too...xray for the football is a nice touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

How do you get UK prime vs Irish prime...?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Working perfect for me too on nVidia Shield.....as mentioned by @peteeeed HDR too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ger8

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Working fine for me - Amazon Prime app on a Samsung TV
    im new to prime and have it on my samsung tv but cant seem to find the games...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Working for me. I contacted amazon the other day to switch to UK, they said they couldn't do it unless there was a UK card on account, so I was going to add Revolut but didn't get a chance, but they must have fixed it anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Same here. Chromecast from Android app. Keep having to stop and start. Am going to try on LG smart TV in a while. Will also try on a firestick.

So far it's not good

Seems to be Chromecast that is the issue. Perfect on Android app. Perfect on LG TV. HDR as poster above said.

Also bonus can watch both streams at same time. One on TV one on Android app.

Advertisement