Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL Team Value 2015/2016

• 19-08-2015 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

Its not the be all and end all, but it facilitates getting the more expensive players into your team later when they're on form. At the moment workmate has a team value of £101M & .1 itb, but he's on wildcard. My team value is £99.7 & .5 itb, with free transfers only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

£100.7 & .5 itb

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

100 on the dot with .4 itb I always suck at TV though last year I finish at 103.4! For some reason its just something that doesn't seem to work with what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

99.7 with 1.5 in the bank. Although i brought in Darmian last night. Also have Shaw. Won't be continuing with both come Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

99.7 with 1.5 in the bank. Although i brought in Darmian last night. Also have Shaw. Won't be continuing with both come Saturday morning.

A couple more weeks and you'll probably have topped my figure for last year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

98.8 with 1.4 in the bank. Think I'm due a good few rises though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Impressive. Now will you keep all the players who rose only once come saturday?

--

£98.9m with £1.5m in the bank here.
    Cesc lost £0.1m annoys me deeply. A hell of a lot more than the upcoming one from Coates...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

£101.5 team value. I am on the wildcard and intend to keep this team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

100.4 ,francis looking like dropping tonight so that will be 100.3,i presume those with high value have played wildcard,either way most of my squad are closer to a drop than rise,roll on december,i never seem to do any good till 2nd half of the season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

96 and 5.2 in the bank.
    On wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

101.2 but on WC. A quick look ahead and I think I will be getting rid of 3 0.1's but expect squad to have another 3 or 4 0.1 rises.

Have already started to dump a few risers. Took Kompany out last night for Kolarov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

£100.5m, but really £99.8m.

**** you Theo and Ritchie :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

£100.7 TV at moment but hoping for another .3 tonight. WC not in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm on 100.6 currently with zero i.t.b., wildcard played after gw1. Francis the only one in danger of dropping immediately but that doesn't concern me, Bournemouth have a nice run and i saw enough against Liverpool to think they're capable of a few clean sheets. Fair few players on the rise - Ayew, Gomis, Gomez, Payet, Silva, Sanchez, Benteke, McCarthy, Aguero, so no worries there. My team needs a bit of work (Adrian and McCarthy as gk's), Targett in def will need to go soon. A little bit extra TV might come in handy when changing things up overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

100.1 with 0.2 in the bank

WC active

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

How we looking post gw3 wildcard?

Totl 101.4
    Resale 100.6
    Gomis and Mahrez close tonight.

I'm pretty happy with that seeing as i messed up getting Yayas 0.2 when wildcarding.

I saw someone, probably Swiper :), saying their resale was 99.7.

This is the value of the early wildcard for me. Almost 1m resale is a huge difference this early on.

FHFC wrote: »

Totl 101.4
    Resale 100.6

I'm pretty happy with that seeing as i messed up getting Yayas 0.2 when wildcarding.

This is the value of the early wildcard for me. Almost 1m resale is a huge difference this early on.

A GW3 WC was pretty good for price alright. My resale is 100.4 though with no WC. If you're prepared to take the odd -4 you can keep your TV high and keep the WC.

I've not seem prices drop this quickly and for so many players that were supposed to be semi safe before though.

If you let it the TV could really start to affect your choices of player (which would be foolish I think)

Does anyone think that we could see a return to the TV of a few seasons ago when it was normal enough to have an extra 3m upwards built up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I've got 99.8m resale. Not really worried about it, more people in my team rising now than falling. Only Hazard, Kane, and Sakho could leak value if they keep failing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Totl 101.4
    Resale 100.6

Total Value 101.7
    Resale 100.7

But I'm not a big fan keeping track of it tbh. I'll make sure I maximise a WC's potential and amn't a fan of holding onto fallers but as for the values themselves.... I try not to care, I think it can force people to hold onto players for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

100.4 resale
    Sold gomez on wildcard and didnt keep mahrez which will cost me some value over the next couple of weeks. Not something that overly concerns me Ill get mahrez fairly soon but he will hit a bad patch . I find players like him that you have lots of value tied into people go against their instincts and hold on longer than they should.

ESSAY ALERT.......

I've not been playing this game that long but I've always liked, and been good at playing the prices changes, and I believe I have learned to do it not at a cost to my team performance points wise, and there are a couple of things I note from some of the responses above.

1. "There are far more price drops than last year"
    Despite perceptions this season is shaping up very like last season in terms of there being a lot more price drops than falls. People have short memories. 2 years ago there were massive price rises, and it was possible to build up 112, 113m TV for Jan/Feb.

Last year there were less rapid rises and a far higher proportion of falls, I was tracking it in the equivalent thread last year around the end of Sept.
    At 30/9/14 there had been 556 price drops and only 96 rises. Ratio Fall/Rise = 5.8/1
    This year to today there have been 249 falls and 40 rises. Ratio Fall/Rise = 6.2/1
    It is a fact then that there is very little difference in the rates of falls vs rises so far.

What I do notice this year is that the second rise is harder gotten, and I reckon a 0.3 rise in the GW will be rare. My gut so far is that falls are pretty much as last year, but rises will be slightly less.

2 "You wont be able to build up a 2-3m advantage so there is no point"
    With rises curtailed and drops more prevalent than 2 seasons ago, yes, you wont be able to hit 113 or 114m 'gross' come Jan. But its all relative. If you have 108 and the average punter in your league has 105 its still a big advantage. Last season at 31/12 I had 108.5TV (Resale 105.3), a resale around 1m higher than most of the world class players on here, and well well above the average. FFFix quotes that the average Total Value at that time was 101.2m!! While even the top 1,000 was only 105.7m. So my TV was almost 3m above the top 1,000 in the game and the better values around here were 2-2.5m above. At the moment I'd bet that the average resale value is less than 100m.

This is not an ode to how great my value was, and not everyone will want to or agree that its worth playing with a significant eye on value up till Xmas, and thats fine. This is how I play the game, how I like to play it, not everyones cup of tea. But the above is to disprove those who write off that way of playing the game as pointless as there is no advantage to be gained. People writing off, or making out its somehow silly to look after your value (with no actual facts and figures to back it up, just stating it blankly that its pointless simply because that's not how they play the game) irks me a little. Hence I am putting the figures above on the record.

On general points, I acknowledge that the emergence of in particular, actually pretty much solely, Kane last year as a 5m odd captain option who everyone owned, reduced the advantage of the higher TV. But there are always times when having an extra 2m over your rival will be huge in closing out the season.

This year, as is pretty evident, the pricing of most of the major premium assets is very tight. As I've pointed out elsewhere, you could have had Silva, Hazard, Aguero and Sanchez for 4m less last season. These are still player we as seeking after, and while the likes of Pedro at 9.5 or Yaya at a good value price help, I think it is fair to say that currently the ideal 4 or 5 big hitter simply cannot be accommodated into a squad. If this continues to be the case, i.e. these remain the big hitter and no aberration like Kane appears, then this could be a year where TV is very very important indeed.....but then I would say that as a TV nerd!! :)

Finally, if you do play with a big eye on TV then, yes, as some mentioned above you do need to avoid making decisions that are disastrous for your points returns just to chase prices. Especially with prices harder to chase. But how I look at it is I will always avoid value sucking fallers, especially those who I won't want long term. I wont get a player in who I think is crap just for price rises, but invariably the player rising is in a run of form, short term at least, and if you can tell your Diers from your Mahrezs you cant go to far wrong, as long as you are flexible and know when to get rid.

The top line Total Value means nothing, its resale that counts, and if you remember that you'll never keep a player you want rid of cause you've value tied up in them. This is something I can safely say I never do. Sure, you'll want to be sure you do want rid, and wont want back in 2 weeks, before you sell somebody who has risen a million, but if they need to go then the 0.5 'tax' was never yours in the first place.

Thats just some thoughts to (a) get off my chest and (b) which may be helpful and (c) you may totally disagree with, and if you do I (in the nicest possible way) don't care in the slightest.

The Mass has ended, you may go in peace......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ESSAY ALERT.......

I've not been playing this game that long but I've always liked, and been good at playing the prices changes, and I believe I have learned to do it not at a cost to my team performance points wise, and there are a couple of things I note from some of the responses above.

1. "There are far more price drops than last year"
    Despite perceptions this season is shaping up very like last season in terms of there being a lot more price drops than falls. People have short memories. 2 years ago there were massive price rises, and it was possible to build up 112, 113m TV for Jan/Feb.

Last year there were less rapid rises and a far higher proportion of falls, I was tracking it in the equivalent thread last year around the end of Sept.
    At 30/9/14 there had been 556 price drops and only 96 rises. Ratio Fall/Rise = 5.8/1
    This year to today there have been 249 falls and 40 rises. Ratio Fall/Rise = 6.2/1
    It is a fact then that there is very little difference in the rates of falls vs rises so far.

What I do notice this year is that the second rise is harder gotten, and I reckon a 0.3 rise in the GW will be rare. My gut so far is that falls are pretty much as last year, but rises will be slightly less.

2 "You wont be able to build up a 2-3m advantage so there is no point"
    With rises curtailed and drops more prevalent than 2 seasons ago, yes, you wont be able to hit 113 or 114m 'gross' come Jan. But its all relative. If you have 108 and the average punter in your league has 105 its still a big advantage. Last season at 31/12 I had 108.5TV (Resale 105.3), a resale around 1m higher than most of the world class players on here, and well well above the average. FFFix quotes that the average Total Value at that time was 101.2m!! While even the top 1,000 was only 105.7m. So my TV was almost 3m above the top 1,000 in the game and the better values around here were 2-2.5m above. At the moment I'd bet that the average resale value is less than 100m.

This is not an ode to how great my value was, and not everyone will want to or agree that its worth playing with a significant eye on value up till Xmas, and thats fine. This is how I play the game, how I like to play it, not everyones cup of tea. But the above is to disprove those who write off that way of playing the game as pointless as there is no advantage to be gained. People writing off, or making out its somehow silly to look after your value (with no actual facts and figures to back it up, just stating it blankly that its pointless simply because that's not how they play the game) irks me a little. Hence I am putting the figures above on the record.

On general points, I acknowledge that the emergence of in particular, actually pretty much solely, Kane last year as a 5m odd captain option who everyone owned, reduced the advantage of the higher TV. But there are always times when having an extra 2m over your rival will be huge in closing out the season.

This year, as is pretty evident, the pricing of most of the major premium assets is very tight. As I've pointed out elsewhere, you could have had Silva, Hazard, Aguero and Sanchez for 4m less last season. These are still player we as seeking after, and while the likes of Pedro at 9.5 or Yaya at a good value price help, I think it is fair to say that currently the ideal 4 or 5 big hitter simply cannot be accommodated into a squad. If this continues to be the case, i.e. these remain the big hitter and no aberration like Kane appears, then this could be a year where TV is very very important indeed.....but then I would say that as a TV nerd!! :)

Finally, if you do play with a big eye on TV then, yes, as some mentioned above you do need to avoid making decisions that are disastrous for your points returns just to chase prices. Especially with prices harder to chase. But how I look at it is I will always avoid value sucking fallers, especially those who I won't want long term. I wont get a player in who I think is crap just for price rises, but invariably the player rising is in a run of form, short term at least, and if you can tell your Diers from your Mahrezs you cant go to far wrong, as long as you are flexible and know when to get rid.

The top line Total Value means nothing, its resale that counts, and if you remember that you'll never keep a player you want rid of cause you've value tied up in them. This is something I can safely say I never do. Sure, you'll want to be sure you do want rid, and wont want back in 2 weeks, before you sell somebody who has risen a million, but if they need to go then the 0.5 'tax' was never yours in the first place.

Thats just some thoughts to (a) get off my chest and (b) which may be helpful and (c) you may totally disagree with, and if you do I (in the nicest possible way) don't care in the slightest.

The Mass has ended, you may go in peace......
    Excellent post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

CSF wrote: »
    Excellent post.

Indeed, I know that I could have done better last year if my Value had been higher, towards the end of the season I was scrimping and looking jealously at other teams that were 5m or more out of my price range. I may be stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment because it seems that it didn't affect me too much last year but I was just lucky at the right times and got away with it, can't expect that to happen every season. I backed the wrong playersat the beginning of the last two seasons and it's cost me, last year I ignored Fabregas and Siggy among others early on, got on Kane later than some others. This year I backed Bentaleb, PVA, Sterling and Mane but all have cost me value, I was away last week when the wildcard would have suited and continued to piss value.
    What I meant to say was that my tactic of late transfers from last season is at the front of my mind for now, what I don't agree with is selling payers against my better judgement because they are about to lose .1, particularly early in the week when so much can happen before Saturday, that's why Mane, Sterling and Hazard will all be in my team this weekend barring bad news.
    There's no right or wrong way to do it obviously but having a big team value is a huge help, it needs to be won in such a way as not to damage your team through excessive point hits though imo.

Fhfc would you have sold hazard this week if you owned him às a matter of interest. I also think with chasing team value chances are you will be taking more points hits than your average player.

@ Swiper. Last season Kane really skewed the team value thing in a very odd way imo. Even if you got him late you effectively had a 'big hitter' for buttons and could pick and choose who you liked elsewhere. I had money i couldn't spend at times and one of the main benefits i got was being able to sell and buy back Sanchez, and also to hold players who were dropping late on last season without being tight to afford people.

There is no right or wrong, and I'm not criticising anyone's approach as I'm sure you realise. My point was to blow away the lazy comments by some to the effect that team value doesn't matter or is not worth bothering with.

@Busts. Almost certainly i would have sold Haz. On the basis that there is a viable cheaper alternative who covers chelsea attack (i.e. some insurance if they go and score 5) who is bandwagoning upwards as Hazard drops. Haz could drop 0.2 and Pedro rise 0.2 by the time all matches are played this GW. And with a 0.2 drop equivalent to a 0.4 rise in its impact on your team value that approximates to up to 0 6 of a potential swing. I'd rarely take a hit solely for team value, but in my world getting rid of a 0.2 dropper for a riser who is also scoring fpl points would probably be one occasion that would justify it.

@ Swiper. Last season Kane really skewed the team value thing in a very odd way imo. Even if you got him late you effectively had a 'big hitter' for buttons and could pick and choose who you liked elsewhere. I had money i couldn't spend at times and one of the main benefits i got was being able to sell and buy back Sanchez, and also to hold players who were dropping late on last season without being tight to afford people.

There is no right or wrong, and I'm not criticising anyone's approach as I'm sure you realise. My point was to blow away the lazy comments by some to the effect that team value doesn't matter or is not worth bothering with.

@Busts. Almost certainly i would have sold Haz. On the basis that there is a viable cheaper alternative who covers chelsea attack (i.e. some insurance if they go and score 5) who is bandwagoning upwards as Hazard drops. Haz could drop 0.2 and Pedro rise 0.2 by the time all matches are played this GW. And with a 0.2 drop equivalent to a 0.4 rise in its impact on your team value that approximates to up to 0 6 of a potential swing. I'd rarely take a hit solely for team value, but in my world getting rid of a 0.2 dropper for a riser who is also scoring fpl points would probably be one occasion that would justify it.

I do chase value but within reason. I'm in a position to have both hazard and Pedro this gw and feel this outweigh's the value I'll lose on hazard. I'll be selling hazard on sat nite so hopefully it only costs me .1. I made decisions in my wildcard on what I felt was the best team and it's cost me value and based on last week points and better players. I sold gomez as I felt he may lose his place due to him having to cut inside all the time contributing to Liverpool not looking great in attack.This doesn't look a great decision now particularly as I have JOS instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

In terms of Hazard, if you back him to come good you're probably better off holding and his value will then get back to its original. I doubt he drops 0.2 this GW due to his massive ownership

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

But the above is to disprove those who write off that way of playing the game as pointless as there is no advantage to be gained. People writing off, or making out its somehow silly to look after your value (with no actual facts and figures to back it up, just stating it blankly that its pointless simply because that's not how they play the game) irks me a little. Hence I am putting the figures above on the record.

and

How have you actually done that? Without knowing your history, all you've proved is that it's possible to have a very high team value. How were you placed points-wise? And if you hadn't chased team value and took points hits to do this where might you have been placed instead?

Bizarre that you think you've silenced the nay-sayers with absolutely no facts other than how good you are at increasing value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

In terms of Hazard, if you back him to come good you're probably better off holding and his value will then get back to its original. I doubt he drops 0.2 this GW due to his massive ownership

I think the sooner the penalties are cleared up the better as far as Hazard is concerned, he had a slow enough start last year also as far as I remember, if he's on penalties it will probably give him an extra 20-30 points this year, he's consistently a 200 point scorer, I've no doubt he'll equal that this year, is he worth the price at that?? I'll hang tough this week and probably till wildcard time. I can't in all honesty transfer a player out with such an attractive fixture coming up, I've more pressing issues and don't view it as a risk having him in my team over Pedro. I'll reassess after Saturday, hopefully they'll get a peno.
    Does Pedro have a history of taking spot kicks at all, assume he never got a look in at Barca??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Not sure this is "real". Don't forget we only have 2 price changes GWs data so far (we're starting the third), one of them being a HUGE WC week. So of course £0.2m rises were very hard to reach.

But there seems to be less active WCs this week (maybe with the international break approaching some people are holding on 'till then, I know I am :p) and Mahrez already rose twice.

The tied up value in premium players is always a problem though. Not only there is the value alone that may impede you to get the player back but there's the potentially wasted 2 (or more if you can't do the straight swap because of the lost tied up value) transfers (and the more the season goes the more precious tranfers become).

So, late in the season, we are sometimes reluctant to get rid of premium players in which we have £0.5m or more resale value tied in. Not that I want to brag about myself but I remember that last year I was of the only ones who sold Sanchez when he got injured. There were talks about a month. Others about just a couple of games. Anyway, I was not having a great season (so maybe that played its part too) and decided to try getting rid of him (with a plan to get him back without any price drops) to untie all this value. He came back very quickly and all my masterplan looked like flogging a dead horse at best and 2 transfers wasted at worse. But, eventually, when came the late DGWs, my (at least) £0.5m flexibility towards him allowed me to take better advantage of them than many.

There's no right or wrong way to deal with it. As my own example shows, what looks wrong in the first place can become right several GWs later. I'd just say that the more flexible you can be with your team the better.

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »

The tied up value in premium players is always a problem though. Not only there is the value alone that may impede you to get the player back but there's the potentially wasted 2 (or more if you can't do the straight swap because of the lost tied up value) transfers (and the more the season goes the more precious tranfers become).

Last Year I was doing fairly well until it came time to use my Second WC. Costa and Sanchez were both on my team (both from the beginning) and I was afraid to transfer them out (even though they had injuries) because I was going to struggle to re-purchase them.

I effectively wasted my WC, ironically lost a lot of value in players and never got back on the front foot. From a position of comfortable leading my personal Leagues I ended up either last or near last.

This year I said to myself that I wouldn't "overly value" any player in the same fashion.

Advertisement