Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

thegame983 wrote: »
    I haven't played the game yet, but apparantly your gun, equipped in the off hand, acts as your 'sheild'. Insomuch that you use it to 'parry' the incoming attacks of the enemy.

The gun replaces the offensive capabilities of the sheild, but not the defensive capabilities.

You just need to sidestep alot and to encourage attacking gameplay you will receive some health back if you swiftly attack after taking damage.

Yeah I saw that alright, the off hand guns will all have different sort of effects, for example the Hunters Blunderbuss will be more defensive as you can knock back enemies, while others will be more offensive like Ludwig's Rifle that has a large AOE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Couldn't wait any longer and got it through the US store. Downloading at the moment and should be sitting down to play it at 8 for a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

Got the nightmare edition in gamestop (well picking up Friday) traded in a load of games I was finished with so ended up getting it for a tenner so i'm happy out.

Any chance they'll let me pick it up early?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jones wrote: »
    Got the nightmare edition in gamestop (well picking up Friday) traded in a load of games I was finished with so ended up getting it for a tenner so i'm happy out.

Any chance they'll let me pick it up early?

What do you get in the nightmare edition?

No sign of my copy from vgp yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Apparently the starting weapon i was gonna choose is OP compared to the other two. Knowing this now has influenced me against picking it. :mad: I gotta stop reading these small bits and pieces about the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Apparently the starting weapon i was gonna choose is OP compared to the other two. Knowing this now has influenced me against picking it. :mad: I gotta stop reading these small bits and pieces about the game

What one were you going to pick? I might pick the Threaded Cane. Looks the business. The whip should have a nice reach to it.

What one were you going to pick? I might pick the Threaded Cane. Looks the business. The whip should have a nice reach to it.

Didn't want to say as it may influence other peoples pick also. Its the
    *********Axe*********

I think im gonna go with the
    ****Saw Cleaver****
    instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Damn! I should have chosen op starter weapon lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Starting to get the hang of it. Three bosses down. Third one is an absolute bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So being as cryptic as I can.. did anyone else do the side quest involving the second boss?

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    So being as cryptic as I can.. did anyone else do the side quest involving the second boss?

Something to do with a
    music box
    ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not bothered that I went for an Xbox One over a PS4 because I wanted to play what turned out to be a broken as hell Master Chief Collection. Not bothered at all. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

If it's the
    music box
    and I have got to.second boss.but don't know what I'm suppose to do.

Ya but specifically afterwards.
    When you find the mother and go back to the daughter. Do you know if she does anything as she just cried after.

I might go back later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just had a surreal experience, a certain enemy killed me, I got a cutscene and woke up somewhere different. Only the souls series does this kind of thing

• Not bothered that I went for an Xbox One over a PS4 because I wanted to play what turned out to be a broken as hell Master Chief Collection. Not bothered at all. :(

Sure treat yourself and spluge out on a PS4 :)

The 3rd boss fight is extremely intense.. actually you can say that for all of them. Just the speed of the fights are unrelenting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Got the whole day tomorrow to play this.

I've never played the Souls series probably because the difficulty put me off.

What have I got myself into??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got the whole day tomorrow to play this.

I've never played the Souls series probably because the difficulty put me off.

What have our got myself into??

Buy an extra controller, if it is your first time, you may need it.

• Still don't get how coop works...from what I'm reading so far.
    Yes I understand the whole dark souls messaging / hints thing before anyone says it.

I'm trying to find imformation in reviews and I see sweet **** all about coop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Xenji wrote: »
    Buy an extra controller, if it is your first time, you may need it.

Is it gonna be that though?

Any posts I should read regarding getting the most out of the game?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Still don't get how coop works...from what I'm reading so far.
    Yes I understand the whole dark souls messaging / hints thing before anyone says it.

I'm trying to find imformation in reviews and I see sweet **** all about coop.

I've actually checked this tonight as I was helping a friend but couldn't join in the end since I was a higher level I imagine.

Basically you have an item that summons players. When you use this, it will look for players who are looking to join a game (these players have an item to be summoned) and match you with them.

If you are looking solely to play with friends you can go into settings and into network. In here you can set a password. Now the game will only look for players who use the same password.

Of course the other player will have to be in the same area and a similar level to join.

Also just another question that has been asked regarding servers. In the network options you can set the region to local or worldwide so you aren't stuck to any specific servers.

Hope that's helped.

Is it gonna be that though?

Any posts I should read regarding getting the most out of the game?

Just some quick tips after helping out a new player to the souls type games.

Use auto lock.

Dodge left/right more than dodging back. As you're able to get a hit in after and there isn't the fear of backing into a wall.

Use the small weapon instead of transforming it at first as it's just faster and helps you to get used to the game speed. Also it's just more useful like that for the majority of the opening of the game.

Make sure your health is full before going into any battle.

Draw enemies out.

Good luck :)

Found a secret area that 0.2% of people have found ;)

Five bosses down for me now. Fairly making my way through now, it's not as hard as it was at the start. But that's down to the me getting used to the game rather than it getting easier ;)

Was testing out the share function and recorded myself defeating the third boss if anyone wants a look.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46EGLlwmnmQ

ShaneU wrote: »

How do you know what % have found it?
    Just had a surreal experience, a certain enemy killed me, I got a cutscene and woke up somewhere different. Only the souls series does this kind of thing

Happened to me too. Outside the
    cathedral by a grim reaper like thing wielding a sack?

How do you know what % have found it?
    You get a trophy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

*Sigh was watching a site do a live review yesterday .... they where in the area where some one is
    shooting you with a gattling gun
    every time you go outside. So got to see some fairly easy looking enemies then a hunter who they had major issues with.

Really am sick with envy now for the PS4 guys having seen it played propperly by lads new to it :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I decided last night that i wasn't going to buy the PS4 for this. Just can't justify the purchase yet. Will definitely pick one up once there are more games, but for now i'll have to admire Bloodborne from a distance :(

I'm intrigued....

Just another fun stat. 30% of people have beaten the first boss. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think I might have to borrow my brothers PS4 for a few weeks and buy him this game in return :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Hard to believe it's only ~14 hours before I can happily remove myself from society; to let watch myself die, and die again for four days.

And on my birthday no less.

It shall be a glorious weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

What starting class are people going with? I'm at a loss as to what I'll pick.
    I was a knight in DS 1 and 2 and dabbled as a pyromancer too.

"Military Vet" seems to be your average knight in BB but "Violent Past" has better vitality and strength at the cost of skill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sooo, whats the overall verdict on this? Is it the system seller people expected it to be? Genuine non-troll question from someone who has not played the Souls games in the past (but will get around to it eventually)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You get a trophy

Was it by any chance
    gain entry to cainhurst or the choir¿

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Everyone stop playing this until I get it.

How dare yous...

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Sooo, whats the overall verdict on this? Is it the system seller people expected it to be? Genuine non-troll question from someone who has not played the Souls games in the past (but will get around to it eventually)

From the 5-8 hours I've spent on Bloodborne so far, it's fantastic. Easily as good as From Software's best work.

That said I've played all the Souls games so I knew exactly what I was getting into.

I've been chatting with McMafia who's new to thee kind of games and even though he's obviously finding it difficult, he's absolutely loving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dunno when I'll be able to pick this up but had a look at VaatiVidya's yootoob channel as he has some great Souls videos. Just some beginners tips but makes me want to get this ASAP. He also explains how multiplayer works if anyone was wondering about that. Near the end of the vid for people who don't want tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Is this expected to be a system seller? I doubt it. It's not as niche a game as Demons souls was but I wouldn't say they've hit the mainstream with it either and would expect plenty of copies to be on the shelves of CEX next week.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Is this expected to be a system seller? I doubt it. It's not as niche a game as Demons souls was but I wouldn't say they've hit the mainstream with it either and would expect plenty of copies to be on the shelves of CEX next week.

Well by system seller I meant more like it's the 1st system exclusive that could see people make the move to buy a PS4 if they were on the shelf about it up until now.

Was it by any chance
    gain entry to cainhurst or the choir¿

No, haven't been to either of those places, this one is definitely a secret place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Well It's definitely the most interesting release so far this gen.

What starting class are people going with? I'm at a loss as to what I'll pick.
    I was a knight in DS 1 and 2 and dabbled as a pyromancer too.

"Military Vet" seems to be your average knight in BB but "Violent Past" has better vitality and strength at the cost of skill.

I was gonna go with "Violent Past" and go for a STR build but now I'm not sure as I want to play with the Cleaver now. Could go for an all round build so I can test most of the weapons out. Or stick to my Souls tradition and pick the weakest class for my first run. Deprived in Souls 1 and 2 and now "Waste of Flesh" for Bloodborne.

Or I may just go on impulse at the time and pick whatever feels good. Then spend 3 hours creating my char only to fall asleep at 3am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Having bought all previous Souls games on the PS3 I'm absolutely sickened at not being able to play this. I'm a student so no way can I justify buying a PS4...release it on PC pls :mad:

I think it's pretty mainstream. The most mainstream for a Souls game yet. Not on the level of Call of Duty or Fifa but it's a system seller for sure. No doubt Sony will see an increase in console sales. Sure it had 120k viewers on twitchtv at one stage yesterday 20k or so more than League of Legends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

...release it on PC pls :mad:

Sadly its a ps4 exclusive.....

Sadly its a ps4 exclusive.....

Lets hope it stays that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,989 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'm in the process of moving house, and am without internet for God knows how long. Did not realize how awkward it is moving one account from house to house :(

2smiggy wrote: »
    I'm in the process of moving house, and am without internet for God knows how long. Did not realize how awkward it is moving one account from house to house :(

Pro Tip: Get a 3mobile mobile modem, get a pay as you go sim card with 1 month contract for €22 a month and truly unlimited data, use the sim card instead of the one you get with the modem, you get about 2-5mbps but beggars can't be choosers. I moved house recently and was able to play and host 6 players games of Destiny using it, without an issue. Also just call them one day after you take out the contract and give them your 1 months notice. If you have further questions, just ask.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,877 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lets hope it stays that way.

I'd be happier if more people could get to experience the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,989 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Pro Tip: Get a 3mobile mobile modem, get a pay as you go sim card with 1 month contract for €22 a month and truly unlimited data, use the sim card instead of the one you get with the modem, you get about 2-5mbps but beggars can't be choosers. I moved house recently and was able to play and host 6 players games of Destiny using it, without an issue. Also just call them one day after you take out the contract and give them your 1 months notice. If you have further questions, just ask.

the house i am now in is old enough , with thick walls. 3g on my S4 on the three network is very hit and miss in the house. I might try set up my phone as a hotspot , as i have unlimited data with my contract

• Advertisement
Advertisement