Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Left about 5 voice mails before I got a call back. Had a face to face interview today. Hope all went well!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mak_i

Left about 5 voice mails before I got a call back. Had a face to face interview today. Hope all went well!

thts great shane... hope you get the job. what sort of questions did they ask you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Nope no email

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mrjoshua

What position was this for bud

mrjoshua wrote: »
    What position was this for bud

It was for sales in the main building in Dublin.
    Went through 4 individual interviews over 2 hrs.
    So be prepared to talk a lot!

Did you apply for the same position?
    Mak_i wrote: »
    thts great shane... hope you get the job. what sort of questions did they ask you?

Pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Hi guys, just noticed the vacancies on the Sky website and I've a few questions.

Do you need any sales experience to work as a sales advisor?

If I do, then it'll be a service advisor role for me, but what's the starting pay for both sales and service?

What's it like to work with Sky? This won't have any bearing on whether I apply or not just a matter of curiosity.

What knowledge should I have if I get an interview?

I'm sure I'll have more but I can't think off the top of my head. Feel free to PM me if you've any info on these.

andyman wrote: »
    Hi guys, just noticed the vacancies on the Sky website and I've a few questions.

If I do, then it'll be a service advisor role for me, but what's the starting pay for both sales and service?

What's it like to work with Sky? This won't have any bearing on whether I apply or not just a matter of curiosity.

I'm sure I'll have more but I can't think off the top of my head. Feel free to PM me if you've any info on these.

Not sure if sales experience is definitely needed, as you would go through 8 weeks training, but the experience would certainly help you with your application.
    Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

andyman wrote: »

Nope, none whatsoever. It helps of course, but the 2 months training should mean you'll hit the ground running.

22k as far as I know but the incentive potential is insane.

I love it. Great bunch of lads. Hit your targets and everything will be grand

Product knowledge, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

How long roughly does it take from applying to phone interview? Also what's the phone interview like? Any info would be great :-)

How long roughly does it take from applying to phone interview? Also what's the phone interview like? Any info would be great :-)

Firstly, you have to apply online from the link below;

jobs.ie/SKY-Ireland/

However, it depends on how you would go about your online questionnaire... if you clear that, you will then get a call... don't miss this call as it takes ages for you to get through to the recruitment team.... I think this probably will take about 1 or 2 days after you have completed the online questionnaire......!!!

phone interview questions are very easy... all generic questions... for instance... what's your previous experience... why do you want to apply for this role... etc... etc....!

I suggest you to prepare yourself before you ring them or answer their call.....!

Best of Luck

• Advertisement

4 weeks after phone interview and I've left 3 messages asking for a call back and nothing... Impossible to get through to the recruitment team.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    4 weeks after phone interview and I've left 3 messages asking for a call back and nothing... Impossible to get through to the recruitment team.

At this stage I would re register under a different email, apply again and do another phone interview

Still nothing after 4 messages and about an hour over the 4 calls on hold, bit of a joke really. Time to move on

Have the first in person interview this week for the customer service advisor role, any tips from people who have done it?

Does anybody know...when they'll be training when successful after interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

Would anyone know the frequency of the pay is it weekly or monthly?

TGi666 wrote: »
    Would anyone know the frequency of the pay is it weekly or monthly?

Monthly, 27th of every month

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TGi666

Monthly, 27th of every month

Cheers :cool:

Om sure this is a ridiculous question but I just want to be 100% sure. Is there parking at the hotel? I know there's none at the Sky building but is there parking for the interviews?

Om sure this is a ridiculous question but I just want to be 100% sure. Is there parking at the hotel? I know there's none at the Sky building but is there parking for the interviews?

No parking and it's a 10 minute walk from the hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Is it on in Burlington Plaza? When I went there for a day I parked over at the Ballsbridge hotel and walked over, had to pay but it only cost me a fiver for a full day. Afaik you miiight be able to get street parking across the road from the building but there's only so long you can stay there. Someone else may know more about that than me.

It's in the Hilton Hotel, haven't been in a while but it looks like the old Burlington Hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

It's in the Hilton Hotel, haven't been in a while but it looks like the old Burlington Hotel?

Ah don't mind me then, I haven't a clue! Thought they might have been holding them in the actual call centre building.

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Ah don't mind me then, I haven't a clue! Thought they might have been holding them in the actual call centre building.

No its just around the corner I think. Thanks anyway :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Burlington is handier, on street parking is fine but if you go over 3 hours and don't top up you will get clamped!

Burlington is handier, on street parking is fine but if you go over 3 hours and don't top up you will get clamped!

Cheers, they said it'll be about 2 so should be fine :)

Had my first interview today. Went really well in my opinion but sure we'll see. One thing I will say is that their process is brilliant. The three interviewers were excellent, very friendly and helpful. Felt I repeated myself a Little. If I don't get through it'll be my own fault, I just hope all other interview processes are of such high standard!

I asked about the day to day duties and responsibilities, one of the interviewers just said 'do you play table tennis?' :D sounds like a really great place to work!

Had my first interview today. Went really well in my opinion but sure we'll see. One thing I will say is that their process is brilliant. The three interviewers were excellent, very friendly and helpful. Felt I repeated myself a Little. If I don't get through it'll be my own fault, I just hope all other interview processes are of such high standard!

I asked about the day to day duties and responsibilities, one of the interviewers just said 'do you play table tennis?' :D sounds like a really great place to work!

I'd say you'll hear back by the end of today or early tomorrow whether you advanced to the 2nd stage

Best of luck :)

Hope so, cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

Sent an application last night after reading this thread and got an instant no this morning because I failed the questionnaire apparently.

Normally that wouldn't bother me but I have worked for Eircom in the exact same role, have another 2 years sales experience in retail and a finance degree. I feel they didn't even take the time to see that.

Advertisement