Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-06-2013, 22:40   #301
Dave..M

Quote:
Originally Posted by inc21 View Post
No worries.
fw 3.8 and free sat 7 day guide makes up for that though.

I was reading about that on here, I have an old wp75 (just sat tuner) as a secondary box and it has always had the satfree set up, very handy alright, but for some reason on those (or maybe just mine!) you need to do a full new install if you want to do a freesat rescan (which was a pain when BBC were doing all their freq changes). Hopefully the 64 does a freesat rescan with less ado!
Advertisement
11-06-2013, 22:55   #302
inc21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave..M View Post
I was reading about that on here, I have an old wp75 (just sat tuner) as a secondary box and it has always had the satfree set up, very handy alright, but for some reason on those (or maybe just mine!) you need to do a full new install if you want to do a freesat rescan (which was a pain when BBC were doing all their freq changes). Hopefully the 64 does a freesat rescan with less ado!
It is alright but for people like me with only now/next before, totally worth it.
20-06-2013, 17:18   #303
mackersdublin

Is there any sign of Walker releasing a Soarview Combi Box with a 500GB or 1TB hard drive, similar to the box being discussed here and the Walker WP6500TTR
02-07-2013, 14:52   #304
Antenna

Have heard of elderly people with this box looking for help (from retailers) after they accidentally put the box in 'Radio-only' mode and they do not know how to get out of it (A "TV/Radio" button on the remote above button 3 cycles through modes of 'TV Only', 'Radio Only' or 'Show All'.) .
This button can easily be accidentally pressed by people who do not know its purpose, putting the box into radio-only mode and so locking out the TV channels, and it remains in radio-only mode after powercycling the box as well !
The 'TV/radio' print on this button is not easily seen by people who need reading glasses.

If the box is put in radio-only mode it would be more elderly-friendly if the box reverted to 'All' mode after a power-down/powerup (people will usually try powering boxes down and back on before looking for help)
If there is another update to these boxes, maybe this should be addressed?

Last edited by Antenna; 02-07-2013 at 15:04.
(3) thanks from:
15-07-2013, 19:04   #305
unit 1

walker box missing sat channels

Evening all.

Just noticed recently every time I go to my mums her satellite channels seem to be "missing".
When I press the opt button it says no channels added, so I go to setup and load them from the load settings menu and alls well. She's lost confidence in it so its hard to say how long they last for before they disappear but I wonder am I missing something obvious. Cannot remember the fw version but for some reason 2.8 is in my head.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
15-07-2013, 19:12   #306
inc21

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit 1 View Post
Evening all.

Just noticed recently every time I go to my mums her satellite channels seem to be "missing".
When I press the opt button it says no channels added, so I go to setup and load them from the load settings menu and alls well. She's lost confidence in it so its hard to say how long they last for before they disappear but I wonder am I missing something obvious. Cannot remember the fw version but for some reason 2.8 is in my head.
Do fw update. Have seen that problem before and new fw sorted it.
15-07-2013, 21:20   #307
nolnah

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit 1 View Post
Evening all.

Latest fw is 3.8 When using opt button press once for satellite press again for freesat,all channels are pre loaded with 3.8 fw.
15-07-2013, 21:35   #308
The Cush

Info on how to install Firmware v3.8 (SatFree) from a USB Drive here - http://www.tvtrade.ie/blog/tag/firmware-v3-8/
Thanks from:
16-07-2013, 00:36   #309
unit 1

Thanks for the info I'll give it a go.
Advertisement
22-08-2013, 17:41   #310
rh5555

Came home today and Walker box just says 'init' on the display and totally unresponsive to any remote input. Unplugged HDD and unplugged power for 30sec but as soon as I reconnected power it says 'init' again.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks
23-08-2013, 12:21   #311
hernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh5555 View Post
Came home today and Walker box just says 'init' on the display and totally unresponsive to any remote input. Unplugged HDD and unplugged power for 30sec but as soon as I reconnected power it says 'init' again.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks
You could try putting the firmware on a memory stick, then while the box is off insert the stick and then turn the box on. It might re-install the firmware and get the box up running again.
23-08-2013, 12:39   #312
Maints

Remove the terrestrial and satellite cables and reboot
24-08-2013, 20:03   #313
rh5555

Thanks. Unplugged everything. When I put power plug back in it still says 'init' on the display but there is no TV picture/unresponsive to any remote input.

Guess I need to send it back.
26-08-2013, 19:54   #314
zilog_jones

Send a message via MSN to zilog_jones
I'm having two constant problems with this box:

1. The audio on RTÉ One slowly goes out of sync. Not sure if it happens on other channels
2. When I go to "info" on a programme in the now/next view it's always blank for Saorview channels. If I go to the EPG menu then the info works fine. Satellite channels do not present this problem.

Anyone else having these issues? Have to say 3.8 is so much more reliable in general - I haven't had the box freeze since upgrading, and timeshifting hasn't failed on me in a long time.
26-08-2013, 19:58   #315
Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilog_jones View Post
I'm having two constant problems with this box:

1. The audio on RTÉ One slowly goes out of sync. Not sure if it happens on other channels
Is the TV connected by HDMI or SCART ?

I think HDMI might be affected but SCART would be OK ?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion