Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker WP645TS-HD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

nm7100m4-nordmende-saorview-box.jpg

WP645TS-HD.jpg

Walker WP645TSHD firmware V2.9 working on my Normende NM7100M4 also.

The only difference from what I can see is the front panel.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Is the cheapest Price for one of these Boxes about €99 in Powecity or has any one come across them cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Just got the Walker and upgraded to v.2.9 which was simple. However when I downloaded the channel list file from the tvtrade website (didn't unpack it) and try to install it via the hidden menu (Load settings from USB) but when I do that I get an error saying 'Error in restoring Database' and it reboots back to the very 1st step of chosing language, scanning for channels again etc.

I lost the channels I had already set-up. I had very few deleted/sorted in the channel list so far so it's not a huge deal but maybe that channel list file doesn't work with v2.9 so I just wanted to make you guys aware in case someone else tries.

As I said I followed the instructions. Used the same USB stick as for the firmware upgrade just 10min earlier which worked perfect and didnt't 'unpack' the backup_flash_files001.tgz as per instructions. Not sure if there is anything else I could do wrong.

Thanks

P.S. One more thing I haven't tried is to rename the file to backup_flash_files.tgz because in the instructions it says that file name but if you download it it says 'backup_flash_files001.tgz' So maybe the receiver looks for a specific file name rather than a .tgz file? Dunno but will try.

Solved: That's it. Rename 'backup_flash_files001.tgz' to 'backup_flash_files.tgz' and it will work.

My receiver asked today to install new software and now it says v3.8 is installed from previously 2.9. No idea whats different but it's quite a big jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I got the same option today to upgrade to v3.8 and did so. I think the option to do a 'SatFree Scan' has been added??
    However, I can no longer do any sort of satellite scan, I just get an error to "Adjust antenna settings first". My antenna type is set to 'direct' (which is what it is!) so not quite sure what's happened with this software upgrade. :(
    I was hoping for the addition of series link with a new software upgrade, but it doesn't seem to be there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 coopershels

hey there,

Are you connected to the internet when asked to upgrade or are you just connected to the satellite and ariel.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Hi,

I'm just connected to the satellite dish and aerial. I don't have the Internet set up on the box.
    Looks like you have to reselect the antenna type in order to rescan the satellite and new 'SatFree Scan'. With the new software, there are now three different options when you select the 'OPT' button - Terrestrial, Satellite and the new SatFree. From a first look, the SatFree seems to have a full 7-day EPG (not fully tested!)
    The SatFree stations are arranged more like Sky/UPC - BBC/UTV/Ch4 etc in the 100s, News Channels in the 200s, Films in the 300s etc.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Interesting that the OTA update features SatFree.

Must check it at work when I get a chance. Hope the SatFree bit works better than it did in Version 2.8 (2.8 had SatFree, 2.9 was without).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

byte wrote: »
    Interesting that the OTA update features SatFree.

Must check it at work when I get a chance. Hope the SatFree bit works better than it did in Version 2.8 (2.8 had SatFree, 2.9 was without).

Hardcoded of course. When BBC move stuff around it will require a new firmware version, unlike the Freesat software.

Interesting that the Walker boys are persisting with using the Alba/Sat4Free workaround for the 7 day epg. Its work to change that everytime something is changed on the platform. Last time I saw it it did look like the configurations where set correctly (as you can see it does have the ability).

248721.jpg

Can anyone explain to me what it is and what it does? Do I have to setup my receiver again. Will I lose all my channel listings and channel order again?

• Advertisement

Ahh, never mind Full Satellite EPG instead of the now/next seems to work. Thats pretty cool I have to say.

Please Let me know if you figure out how to move Channels in the Satfree section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

pigtail33 wrote: »
    I just get an error to "Adjust antenna settings first". My antenna type is set to 'direct' (which is what it is!)

You have to reset it to direct again before it can be scanned for 'sat-for-free'

Could they not have called it 'dish settings' rather than 'antenna settings'? - to avoid confusion (with terrestrial mode)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Would make more sense in my view.

Antenna wrote: »
    Could they not have called it 'dish settings' rather than 'antenna settings'? - to avoid confusion (with terrestrial mode)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

the obligatory videos on how to do it:)

http://www.tvtrade.ie/blog/how-to-download-install-tune-in-satfree-on-walker-wp645ts-hd/

Found it a little sluggish on the satfree mode when in the EPG but seems to work well

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

Does this box have a DVB-T2 tuner guyz?

just DVB-T, not T2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Hi Guys,

Have had this Walker box running for about 4 Months. (upgraded to 2.9 firmware etc.). All going fine. When the time changed there two weeks ago (Easter) the time didn't change on the Walker box. So now the time on the front panel and on the EPG menu's etc. is an hour behind (the current time).

I guess I could re-initialize the box from scratch .. but am surprised it didn't pick up the time change automatically from the antenna.

Anybody else have this problem? do you know a simple solution ?

Thats easy to do. Just go to menu point Configuration -> Time settings -> I just changed mine to Auto and it works

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Mine upgraded from 2.5 to 3.8 last night, and it seems like the SatFree mode has improved in terms of reliability although it's early days yet. I have been so far able to flick through channels and scroll quickly through the EPG without it freezing, and it hasn't rebooted instead of bringing up the EPG - some very annoying problems I had with 2.5.

Suspiciously, problematic ITV HD has disappeared from the EPG...
    STB wrote: »
    Hardcoded of course. When BBC move stuff around it will require a new firmware version, unlike the Freesat software.

I have been using the 2.5 firmware since last summer and have been able to rescan for new channels e.g. when things were shuffled around in October and recently when BBC 2 HD was launched (also noticed Challenge appear when I rescanned for that). It must be something more than just a hardcoded channel listing?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

I seem to have v3.81 and I don't see any new sat free option when I press opt. Anybody else encounter this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Thanks "rh5555" that worked :-)

(I had it on "Manual", put in on "Auto" and the time is correct now)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I seem to have v3.81 and I don't see any new sat free option when I press opt. Anybody else encounter this?

Did you receive another OTA upgrade? Did you previously have 3.8? I don't normally leave my STB on overnight so nothing has changed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭elsie1b

Is anybody having problems with this firmware like,
    sticking on one channel on satfree,
    remote not working,
    stations not staying in satellite memory,
    frequently having to turn box off to get it working again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Delta Lima

Yes, this happened to me a little while ago. (I just got the new firmware today)

It happened just when it was suppose to record after I had set a recording via the new epg in satfree mode.

I was trying to find a recording schedule in the menu and when I went back to a 'satfree' channel it just got stuck as described above by elsie. Had to kill the power and restart it.

When it restarted a message came up that it wanted to record. Maybe I was in the menu when it should have started recording the first time.

I'm using a 16 GB stick . Time-shifting works fine.

Haven't noticed any lost stations so far.

I do like this box though. If this is an issue, I hope it can be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 biobot

Has anyone managed to open the *.sdx channel list that these Walker boxes output? What software have you used? I've tried a few from searching on google, but none have worked.

I want to be able to delete/move channels from the satellite list of-line on a PC, but the built-in editor is too cumbersome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 templer01

Hi ,
    I have two of these boxes,one connected to the net which upgraded fine.The second box is not connected to the net,it upgraded to the new 3.8 firmware over air(i think) ,but has not given me the option of Satfree (although the firmware is now 3.8).Do I have an option to wipe v3.8 on this box an then upgrade over the net,and if so how?

We had no issues with the several we tried it on. If it didn't seem to work, perhaps you may need to do a factory reset on it for it to kick in. You'll lose your current channel list on it though:(

SatFree Firmware v3.8 now available to download & install via USB device

http://www.tvtrade.ie/blog/walker-wp645ts-hd-how-to-install-firmware-v3-8-satfree-from-usb-drive/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 templer01

thanks for all the help ,the box is up and running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Have to say the Sat4free epg is impressive well worth the upgrade..just a shame it cant all be on one guide.

Advertisement