Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-10-2012, 23:03   #1441
Stove Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert kidd View Post
hi stove man..ive a quick question that i think i know the answer to!!..looking to get an inset stove around the 4/5kw..like most these days money is fairly tight and im trawling the internet trying to come across the best deal..the stoves on the like of done deal that some are selling are alot cheaper then most other sites ive looked on..are they a cheaper stove for a reason..would i be better to swerve and pay the extra?
Unfortunately you generally get what you pay for. If you can afford the extra look at the Aarrow ecoburn Inset. reasonable quality or the esse 300 series, stovax stockton inset, stovax riva.
A lot of the stoves on donedeal are made in China.

Have a look at various manufacturers reviews here by owners. www.whatstove.co.uk

Stove Fan
Advertisement
04-10-2012, 23:08   #1442
Stove Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky Abu View Post
The house has been renovated so there are now 12 rad's, whereas the old house had 6 rads. Think it was a Stanley Super 80 we had. The Stanley Donard is on offer at the moment in MD O'Shea's Killarney, €3995 which is €1000 cheaper than the retail price.

Of the Stoves, the Blacksmith would be good so?
If you give me the measurements in cm of the 12 rads I'll work it out for you the Kw output required on the back boiler. Some will be either double or single rads.

Stove Fan
04-10-2012, 23:50   #1443
mk2

Boru Chieftain

Just finished installin a Boru chieftain inset boiler stove here's a couple pics!

Thanks from:
05-10-2012, 10:32   #1444
wait4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2 View Post
Just finished installin a Boru chieftain inset boiler stove here's a couple pics!
Nice job - just like what I want to do!
05-10-2012, 12:14   #1445
Stove Fan

Hi,

The install looks lovely

What do you think of your new stoves boiler performance? How many rads is it heating? A review would help others.

Stove Fan
Advertisement
05-10-2012, 17:16   #1446
albert kidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stove Fan View Post
Unfortunately you generally get what you pay for. If you can afford the extra look at the Aarrow ecoburn Inset. reasonable quality or the esse 300 series, stovax stockton inset, stovax riva.
A lot of the stoves on donedeal are made in China.

Have a look at various manufacturers reviews here by owners. www.whatstove.co.uk

Stove Fan
cheers for the reply stove fan

i was off that thinking myself

ive seen a few mention the esse alright and think ill go that route..from some posts i gather you dont need a flue going from the esse up to the flue gatherer is that right?.,is it a case of sitting it into the chimney opening..do you need to fill the void left between the stove and the chimney opening on each side?

cheers again.
05-10-2012, 17:48   #1447
Stove Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert kidd View Post
cheers for the reply stove fan

i was off that thinking myself

ive seen a few mention the esse alright and think ill go that route..from some posts i gather you dont need a flue going from the esse up to the flue gatherer is that right?.,is it a case of sitting it into the chimney opening..do you need to fill the void left between the stove and the chimney opening on each side?

cheers again.
No, you dont need to connect the stove to the flue gatherer providing the chimney is sound. If not it would need a flexi liner connected to the insert stove.
jYou ust slot it in and follow the manufacturers instructions.
With regards to backfilling I have read the instructions and they say being double cased you dont have to but they do say it can give better efficiency so I would backfill with vermiculite to fill any voids. See
http://www.esse.com/support/multifue...ll-operate.pdf

Stove Fan

Last edited by Stove Fan; 05-10-2012 at 17:59.
05-10-2012, 18:02   #1448
albert kidd

Quote:
No, you dont need to connect the stove to the flue gatherer providing the chimney is sound. If not it would need a flexi liner connected to the insert stove.
jYou ust slot it in and follow the manufacturers instructions.
With regards to backfilling I have read the instructions and they say being double cased you dont have to but they do say it can give better efficiency so I would backfill with vermiculite to fill any voids. See
http://www.esse.com/support/multifue...ll-operate.pdf

Stove Fan
that'll do the finest stove man..i appreciate the replies..hopefully be up and running by this time next week..have to get a plumber in to unhook a gas fire and ill be good to go.

once again thanks for your time.
Thanks from:
05-10-2012, 18:33   #1449
mk2

Quote:
Hi,

The install looks lovely

What do you think of your new stoves boiler performance? How many rads is it heating? A review would help others.

Stove Fan
The performance is great i can't belive the heat in the house,i have 12 rads coming off it and it heats them no problem,the chieftain is 17kw output 15kw to water and 2kw to the room which is about right for me,i would advise anyone thats thinking about getting a stove in to do it its well worth it you would think the heating is on from about an hour after the fire is lit,the materials cost me €690 including pump tank and thermostat,the plumber charged €600 for the work he had to mod the flu reducer to fit and he got a plasterer to patch up the wall and he fitted the chimney cowel,and the stove and fireplace cost €2960 fitted feel free to ask any questions!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-10-2012, 18:50   #1450
Brianne

mk2 I'm curious of how much heat it throws out to the room. Do you have a rad in that room and do you think it throws out the same heat as the fire or more or less heat? My room is 16x12 approx. I still have'nt got the inset as I'm worried that the room won't be warm enough.
05-10-2012, 18:58   #1451
mk2

It gives out less heat than an open fire but the gain through out the rest of the house more than makes up for it,i do have a rad in the sitting room with the heat from that and the stove its dead on i wouldn't say its not warm enough!
05-10-2012, 21:10   #1452
Brianne

Thanks mk2 that probably would'nt suit my room then as its not the warmest of rooms on a very cold night. Just wonder if anybodys heard of Hi Flame stoves. Are they a British company or are they manufactured in China. They have a new inset boiler stove with 4 output to room.
05-10-2012, 21:51   #1453
philr87

Hi everyone,
I'm new to here and would appreciate some help and advice regarding plumbing a stove in conjunction with our oil boiler.we're thinking of getting a stanley erin boiler model put in the kitchen.We have a bungalow.There is a standard 8 inch flue in the wall just to connect into it.The heating at the moment is run off a grant vortex condensing boiler.when the house was built we put a 1 inch qualpex pipe in the floor running from the hotpress for the provision of a stove(for the return).looking at measurements the flow pipe from the stove will be approx 700mm from floor level.I need to check the size of the cylinder but I think it is a 36x18.Its a dual coil insulated.The bottom of the cylinder is approx 400 mm from ground level.Could the flow pipe rise vertically up the wall into the attic and travel approx 5m on the horizontal before coming back down into the hotpress into the cylinder???also need to check with our plumber if our system is open or sealed or pressurised etc...All advice would be appreciated thanks!
06-10-2012, 09:35   #1454
Ky Abu

Quote:
If you give me the measurements in cm of the 12 rads I'll work it out for you the Kw output required on the back boiler. Some will be either double or single rads.

Stove Fan
Hi Stove Fan

Thanks for the help

All double radiators bar two and two Bathroom towel heaters

1 Rad - 1200 X 500
2 Rads - 500 X 500
1 Rad - 700 X 500
1 Rad - 800 X 500
4 Rads - 900 X 500
2 Rads - 900 X 500 X Single
2 Towel Rads - 800 X 500
06-10-2012, 13:40   #1455
cordni

While thinking about getting a stove I found the pictures on this thread to be really helpful. I thought I would repay the favour and post some pics of my new stove. I'm not totally finished as I need to stain the mantelpiece and the wire hanging down is for some spot lights

iphone4 pics 123.jpg

iphone4 pics 128.jpg

Last edited by cordni; 06-10-2012 at 13:42.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion