Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X -Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Anyone know if there's any/many bass guitars in stock? and what makes they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Website will be up in the next while. There's four of us in here working on it, and were working like lunatics. We'll let ya know soon.

Electric guitar brands were doing are Gibson, Fender, Cort, Ibanez, Peavey, Music Man, Aria, Epiphone and Squire.

Looking at getting Gretch and Eastwood in maybe.

Acoustic guitars are Taylor, Takamine, Tangelwood,Ovation, Martin, Collings, Alvaro, Lowden, Craftine, Garrison and more I'm sure I can't remember.

And not to be smart but we probably have the best selection of Basses in the country. ;)

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Smiler wrote: »
    Acoustic guitars are Taylor, Takamine, Tangelwood,Ovation, Martin, Collings, Alvaro, Lowden, Craftine, Garrison and more I'm sure I can't remember.Mick

My Lowden somehow managed to get one of teh cables from the internal battery snapped at a gig last week. Are you repairs there or do you send them out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

so who was poached from where? i know paul, aidan, ro from the maker are there as is steve from musician, but anyone else i know?

being ex maker staff myself....i'm just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Oh! Do I know you? I was there for a year about 5 years ago.

• Advertisement

oh you know me well brewski ;)

oh you know me well brewski ;)

Now which Plum could that be ....?

does your name refer to how late you used come in?

Ah Westmeath .....

SD?

indeed. g money.

anyway, i've a few days off next week, so i'll be up to say hello to the lads. i hear they have a geddy lee jazz i'm itching to try out. wonder do they take trade ins?

so who was poached from where? i know paul, aidan, ro from the maker are there as is steve from musician, but anyone else i know?

Why? - ya lookin for a job Mr Doyle :p

Sick of country life?:D

• Advertisement

frobisher wrote: »
    My Lowden somehow managed to get one of teh cables from the internal battery snapped at a gig last week. Are you repairs there or do you send them out?

Yep we will indeed. Eugene McLoughlin from The Guitar Workshop has his own counter in the store. And he's going to be looking after all repairs that come into us.

That should be starting from next week - so drop it into us when ever ya like and Eugene will have a look at it for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sloppydrunk

I was in last week lookin for a mobile AER acoustic amp, but wasnt in stock as yet,,,,,,,,,

any idea when if at all this will be available??

(by the way i bought mbox 2 mini with protools for 285,, think thomann sell it for 275... well worth the tenner for the service as the staff were sound,, talked me through it and let me know to drop in or give a ring for any problems i have):D

Why? - ya lookin for a job Mr Doyle :p

Sick of country life?:D

slick? that you?

i'll be after a job when the phone industry collapses!

Slick? Legend....!

I was in X-Music today. I think it will be great.

They're aiming to compete with Mr.T and if the Irish shopping public care to support them we'll have no reason to go to the internet except for pics of ladies .......

It's still early days but they've good guys working there, a fabulous store, give them a few weeks to settle in and we'll have our own very Superstore ...

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i was there today as well, it is a really great shop especially the staff. the were some of the nicest people i have ever meet.
    the cymbal room is under construction, the meinl cymbals were put up today so by next weekend everything should be up. there are also some very nice kits there, spuan,pearl,dw,pdp,gretsch and roland.

but the best thing about the place is the head selection! we finally have access to a more then decent selection of heads.(evans and remo)

all in all i love the place and will be back soon enough to pick out more bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

by the way i bought mbox 2 mini with protools for 285,, think thomann sell it for 275... well worth the tenner for the service as the staff were sound,, talked me through it and let me know to drop in or give a ring for any problems i have:D
    that's great to hear. I know from experience when it comes to buying software stuff (especially digidesign stuff), it's essential to have good customer support if you're not an uber-geek (like me)

I've a good few purchases planned over the next few months, and I think Mr Thomann will be missing my annual 3k+ business. Now all we need is a nice coffee shop in xmusic, and all us degenerate music-heads will have a place to go to argue about truncation, intersample peaks, and maybe the Blizzards!.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nehpets5555

Yep we will indeed. Eugene McLoughlin from The Guitar Workshop has his own counter in the store. And he's going to be looking after all repairs that come into us.

That should be starting from next week - so drop it into us when ever ya like and Eugene will have a look at it for ya
    what kinda of repairs will he do, just the standard stuff, or will he do the full on luither job ? I've a strat ive been meaning to get put together for ages(neck needing to be drilled in , and p-ups to be wired, maybe even a paint job), If he did the full thing in shop that'd actually be savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

what kinda of repairs will he do, just the standard stuff, or will he do the full on luither job ? I've a strat ive been meaning to get put together for ages(neck needing to be drilled in , and p-ups to be wired, maybe even a paint job), If he did the full thing in shop that'd actually be savage.

Eugene has his own site - http://theguitarworkshop.net/
    He works out of a garage off South Circular road.

Any idea what the prices will be like ? Is there going to be a price list for setups, pick ups changes et cetera? It always bothered me that there wasn't one in Musician. Many guitar shops in the UK have their services prices listed on a sign.

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    i was there today as well, it is a really great shop especially the staff. the were some of the nicest people i have ever meet.

A lot you'd have met before in the Maker and Musician Inc.

• Advertisement

slick? that you?

i'll be after a job when the phone industry collapses!

ah smiler i know who you are now, different mick, i saw yer ugly mug in hot press!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

jtsuited wrote: »
    that's great to hear. I know from experience when it comes to buying software stuff (especially digidesign stuff), it's essential to have good customer support if you're not an uber-geek (like me)

I've a good few purchases planned over the next few months, and I think Mr Thomann will be missing my annual 3k+ business. Now all we need is a nice coffee shop in xmusic, and all us degenerate music-heads will have a place to go to argue about truncation, intersample peaks, and maybe the Blizzards!.

3000 plus business ? What the hell do you be buying each year ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rockshandy

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    the cymbal room is under construction, the meinl cymbals were put up today so by next weekend everything should be up. there are also some very nice kits there, spuan,pearl,dw,pdp,gretsch and roland.

but the best thing about the place is the head selection! we finally have access to a more then decent selection of heads.(evans and remo)

all in all i love the place and will be back soon enough to pick out more bits and pieces.

hey man, great to see you in the other day, glad to hear you liked the place. More heads are on the way and a possibility is for Aquarian heads also. come in anytime, i know how you like those Meinl's!!!

lots of things.
    Along with being a techno producer, I play drums, guitar, piano and dj so I'm always buying stuff.

Last thing I bought from them was a laptop stand! But that was only to get the order up to 200 for free delivery (I was actually getting a UC33e).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Is that bad? I won't reveal my shameful total then :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    I was in X-Music today. I think it will be great.

They're aiming to compete with Mr.T and if the Irish shopping public care to support them we'll have no reason to go to the internet except for pics of ladies .......

It's still early days but they've good guys working there, a fabulous store, give them a few weeks to settle in and we'll have our own very Superstore ...

Aww thanks I was obviously working that day :pac:
    Love the shop myself everyone there is sound and everythings really cheap, only problem is my legs get tired its so big haha. Really about time Ireland got something like this, were eventually getting price tags on everything so hold onto your hats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

Rockshandy wrote: »
    Any of the Roland Drum Stuff wont be a problem to get in for you. just ask myself, Ro or Aidan and we'll order it no problem.

Forgot to introduce myself earlier, i'm Brian and i'm working in drums at x music, so any questions on drums direct them to me and i'll do my best to get a quick and friendly response to you guys!
    Hey Brian can I borrow your "door opening thing" ha:pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭fitz

Suggestion for the X-Music guys....why not talk to Boards.ie about getting a commercial interaction forum set up like these guys?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=241

Unless it's something you plan to do on your own website, it'd be a great way of interacting with your customers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

jtsuited wrote: »
    lots of things.
    Along with being a techno producer, I play drums, guitar, piano and dj so I'm always buying stuff.

Last thing I bought from them was a laptop stand! But that was only to get the order up to 200 for free delivery (I was actually getting a UC33e).

Your amazing.

• Advertisement

sei046 wrote: »
    Your amazing.

And you need to work on your grammar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement