Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X -Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

jtsuited wrote: »
    tut tut tut. and you call yourself a pedant.

I'm a culchie, leave me alone.

tut tut tut. and you call yourself a pedant.

.... and it's 'pædant'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    .... and it's 'pædant'
    nope.
    well it can be.

that ae thing is deemed highly unfashionable these days amongst many intellectuals.

probably because you can't use it in predictive text!

Might call out to this x-music place tomorrow. Anyone any idea what their studio/synth/dj section is like?

nope.
    well it can be.

that ae thing is deemed highly unfashionable these days amongst many intellectuals.

probably because you can't use it in predictive text!

Might call out to this x-music place tomorrow. Anyone any idea what their studio/synth/dj section is like?

See you there around 12?

Sure they're the ones has the country in da state it's in ...

• Advertisement

Sure they're the ones has the country in da state it's in ...

not at all. intellectuals don't get into property development.

They become degenerate techno producers who's only contact with the outside world is playing to a room full of 150 people on drugs dancing to repetitive tuneless nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Hiya Lads

Mick from XMusic here. Any questions you have I'll do my best to answer for ya all.

Cheers

Mick

Smiler wrote: »
    Hiya Lads

Mick from XMusic here. Any questions you have I'll do my best to answer for ya all.

Cheers

Mick

Cheers Mick, I hear you had a good weekend?

We did indeed. Sold a load of stuff and a lot of people left here very happy indeed.

Was a great weekend - were all very tired though :)
    A lot of work was put in, on the week running up to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Hiya Lads

Cheers

Mick

any idea when the website will be up? and will you be planning to let people buy online?

• Advertisement

A that's a sticky one

The website front end is finished and running, the only problem is that we are in the middle of uploading all the images and discriptions into the database. With over 15,000 products - that's going to take some time.

We might open sections of it as time goes on - probably the guitar/amplifier section first. We'll see. But it will be asap.

Oh and unlike most of the other sites - we will be taking Credit card & Laser.

was out there this afternoon.

Jaysus it's big. You could swing many cats tied together in there.

Talking to a guy upstairs I had an interesting conversation. Apparently (according to him), thomann did 9.5 million euro-worth of business in Ireland last year.
    They are not hiding the fact that one of their main goals is to compete with thomann. The guy said he'd give me the Access Virus TI for 2k. Which is actually a good bit cheaper than Thomann, so they mean business!!

Nice guy too. I sort of had to bite my lip when he was talking about thomann putting numerous music shops out of business in Ireland. The irony being that X-Music are surely not going to help small music shops in Ireland buying at such huge volumes and offering such competitive prices.

A few minor gripes I had:
    1. No Waldorf Blofeld. This is unbelievable as the blofeld is probably the biggest selling synth right now (due to it's unbelievably low price). Heck it even had it's own thread on this very board a few weeks ago.

I had 400 euro burnin a hole in my pocket, and it would have been nice to have a new toy this afternoon.
    The guy said they won't be doing any waldorf stuff. Understandable position 12 months ago, but seems like a bad idea since the Blofeld came out.

2. The recording/pro-audio room didn't seem to have much organisation to it. Like there was little bits of dj gear (the torq connectiv and xponent) littered between synths and interfaces. A few dj mixers too, but no cdj's or 1210's in sight. Strange that. Maybe they're planning a bit of a tidy up?

It's like a music shop in an aircraft hangar and you could probably have a football match with the space that's there so hopefully they'll be filling it up with all sorts of things over the next while.

I don't know how deep they'll go into the 'pro-audio' world.
    One of the reasons thomann became so popular was that you could get pretty much anything. From huge consoles to lighting to guitars to mics to dj stuff.

X-music have a long way to go if they want to really compete with the variety of products that thomann carries (judging by what I saw today - I'm sure it will change).

It is exciting to see a place like this really tackling a huge challenge like this and I do hope they succeed. The place is really amazing looking and will be a pleasure to shop in for many people.

Unfortunately with it just off the Mad Cow roundabout, many will only have a few hours of a window to get there during the day. Outside those hours and you can expect major traffic problems.

Anyways, it's a spectacular place and I really would like to see a gamble like this pay off. In times of recession it takes real balls to invest in something like this.

Absolutely - The German sites do a ton of business here every year. Our goal is to take that money back to an 100% Irish company, were hoping to do this by really competing with their prices and providing a more personal service.

Only about 40% of our stock is in at the moment. So you can expect to see lots more goodies up here in the next few days/weeks.

If you don't feel like popping out to the Red Cow, were keeping the old Musician Inc shop on Drury St also (rebranded of course). So you'll be able to drop in there and order any of our stock from the main store and have it there the next day - if your in early enough it'll be the same day. It'll also stock all your perishables like strings, sticks, skins etc.

We'll also have the website up ASAP - I promise :o
    And all the prices will be the same across all our mediums.

The basic principle here is that we don't want to be just another faceless music superstore. We want people to feel that they can still drop into us and get all the great personal service that they got from Musician Inc over the last 20 years.

P.S If you feel like avoiding the Red Cow roundabout you can always get off at the Ballymount exit and come in the back way - it's much quicker. And we have signs up to guide you.

Cheers

Mick

Only about 40% of our stock is in at the moment.

We received your order today, so you should have 40.5% tomorrow!

Absolutely - The German sites do a ton of business here every year. Our goal is to take that money back to an 100% Irish company, were hoping to do this by really competing with their prices and providing a more personal service.

Only about 40% of our stock is in at the moment. So you can expect to see lots more goodies up here in the next few days/weeks.
    Cool. Figured that was the case.
    If you don't feel like popping out to the Red Cow, were keeping the old Musician Inc shop on Drury St also (rebranded of course). So you'll be able to drop in there and order any of our stock from the main store and have it there the next day - if your in early enough it'll be the same day. It'll also stock all your perishables like strings, sticks, skins etc.
    that's a nice touch for your city market. fair play.
    The basic principle here is that we don't want to be just another faceless music superstore. We want people to feel that they can still drop into us and get all the great personal service that they got from Musician Inc over the last 20 years.

P.S If you feel like avoiding the Red Cow roundabout you can always get off at the Ballymount exit and come in the back way - it's much quicker. And we have signs up to guide you.

Have to say it's great seeing an Irish company doing this.

Must take the Ballymount exit next time. Jaysus ye have it all figured out!
    Best of luck.

We received your order today, so you should have 40.5% tomorrow!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

does anybody know what drum bands x-music stock? i hear there is a big pearl section, any meinl or paiste?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Open Up

Jesus if I see any more Pearl stuff I swear I'm gonna... I'm gonna be heading out there on thursday to check the place out. Looking forward to it. Now if they have Yammy and Zildjian stuff I'll be a regular. However I'm pretty sure there's no agent for either of them in Ireland anymore which is brilliant. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Open Up wrote: »
    Jesus if I see any more Pearl stuff I swear I'm gonna... I'm gonna be heading out there on thursday to check the place out. Looking forward to it. Now if they have Yammy and Zildjian stuff I'll be a regular. However I'm pretty sure there's no agent for either of them in Ireland anymore which is brilliant. :rolleyes:

As far as i could see when i was down there there was a load of electronic kits,Brady kits,some savage DW kits not a drummer myself but they were the brands i saw most of of course there was a couple of pearl kits aswell ie. the joey jordison one

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Open Up

Sounds like a bigger, cheaper (?) Music Maker then... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ENN0

Really nice place...but very disappointed with the lack of DJ gear! I mean you guys could make a killing and get those f&@*s over in sounds around a good kicking if your prices are anything like thomann....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Went out there on Saturday with the S.O. as he's into his guitars and wanted to check out the new store.

Thanks for the free hot dogs, the energy drinks and I enjoyed the Beatles cover band.

My main gripe, and the reason we didn't buy anthing there, was that there were no prices on anything. Zilch.

I'm sorry Mick, but you've already lost us as customers by not having the courtesy to display prices.

dudara wrote: »
    I'm sorry Mick, but you've already lost us as customers by not having the courtesy to display prices.

That's very unfair. The gaff was only open a matter of hours!

One might suggest you had the courtesy to ask?

Open Up wrote: »

Yamaha is now distributed directly from the UK. However they do have a full time Rep here who was a Danfay employee.

From what I hear, Yamaha won't be represented there for 'political' reasons.

As far as i could see when i was down there there was a load of electronic kits,Brady kits,some savage DW kits not a drummer myself but they were the brands i saw most of of course there was a couple of pearl kits aswell ie. the joey jordison one

Ronan who is in the Drum department has a beautiful Brady kit . He's one of the guys who I've been speaking to about our Drum Recording Masterclass so I hope to have him and his drums down to record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Yamaha is now distributed directly from the UK. However they do have a full time Rep here who was a Danfay employee.

Ahhh! I remember getting a clutch cable and lever for me auld RXS. Them's were the days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Kudos on the service ethos, it's an important factor for me anyways, but I'm more interested in the product range tbh. Will take a trip over this week and check the gaff out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Hiya Lads

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick,
    Welcome to the board. It's great to have someone from a shop come on so there can be open communication. I always think that transparency in business is best, warts and all. Looking forward to getting out there this week myself for a good poke around.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭ogy

Hi Mick,
    Welcome to the board. It's great to have someone from a shop come on so there can be open communication. I always think that transparency in business is best, warts and all. Looking forward to getting out there this week myself for a good poke around.
    Yesterday 23:23

ah remember the craic when brewer first turned up! how times have changed:)

• Advertisement

ogy wrote: »
    ah remember the craic when brewer first turned up! how times have changed:)

Yer still talkin' about it ain't ya, Punk?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement