Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X -Music

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

again i couldnt get through today on the phones

business lost to thomann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Was in there today! Nice store :) Unfortunately ye don't do any cheapo digital pianos, so I shall have to order from thomann and wait for delivery :(

All the best with it none the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Ian C

I haven't dropped out to the store yet, but I'm very interested to see it. Must pop over one of the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Savman wrote: »
    Don't think that's a fair comment. There's nothing stopping any of the many other retailers (irish or otherwise) coming on and listening to their core demographic.

We all know if Music Maker had their own thread on this board it would probably be a fairly heated debate and end up getting locked, judging by their own track record. Likewise with Thomann. Some people don't take criticism well and I'm sure the time will come when someone from X Music will have to face the wrath of some web warriors.

I'm all for it tbh.

Hey, I'll take a discount from anybody out there that's willing to give one. Let the bidding war commence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Amen :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

eh probably a totally inapporopriate use of this thread but...

do y'all have midi leads out there in x-music? i'd ring them but it's late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well...... that did not take long.

Waiting 2 weeks for a response back about a product they sell. Was promised a email and nothing.... Had a great chat with the sales rep and he seem like he knew his stuff. Sat talking for over 30 mins about what I needed, gave him all the info he wanted and nothing.

Ah well, guess there all the same, except for a certain Over Lord of this Forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Cough ...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Well...... that did not take long.

Waiting 2 weeks for a response back about a product they sell. Was promised a email and nothing.... Had a great chat with the sales rep and he seem like he knew his stuff. Sat talking for over 30 mins about what I needed, gave him all the info he wanted and nothing.

Ah well, guess there all the same, except for a certain Over Lord of this Forum...

Ok don't know what happened there. Apologies that we didn't get back to you.

What product do you want to know about? I'll find out for ya.

PM me if you like.

Mick

jtsuited wrote: »
    eh probably a totally inapporopriate use of this thread but...

do y'all have midi leads out there in x-music? i'd ring them but it's late.

Yep we do. What length are you looking for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

do you sell pro-mark drumsticks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rockshandy

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    do you sell pro-mark drumsticks?

hey sparkie, we got in a selection of pro mark sticks, rods and brushes last week, feel free to pop in and have a look, a bigger order is on the way so if there is something specific your looking for give me a shout here, or in the shop.

cheers mate,

Brian

Smiler wrote: »
    Ok don't know what happened there. Apologies that we didn't get back to you.

What product do you want to know about? I'll find out for ya.

PM me if you like.

Mick

PM was sent and answered, thank you but after thinking about it I feel I must share what happened with my fellow boardsies!!

Basically I went in and sat down with one of the sales people. I went through in great detail what I wanted. Was promised a email and call to further discuss what I needed and to inform me of rough prices. Its now 2 weeks and nothing.

Do not want to get into the finer points as I'm not looking to get the sales person in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Its a shame really. I guess you can take the sales rep from the shop in town but you can't take the shop in towns attitude and service from the sales rep.

I have no allegiance whatsoever to X-Music, but I think a statement like that is very unfair, especially considering it is a newly started business.

frobisher wrote: »
    I have no allegiance whatsoever to X-Music, but I think a statement like that is very unfair, especially considering it is a newly started business.
    If they can't stand the heat....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Perhaps this is turning into one of those threads that is better off getting closed. It is turning into a ' best sales and services thread tit for tat load of yada yada'.

I removed that comment but feel very strongly about it. Lots of the guys in that new store seem to be from the shops in town. Over the years the service in them shops has gotten terrible and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

They should view XMusic as a way to take customer service to a new level and rescue Dublin's failing music retail sector but they've not learnt from past mistakes.

Maybe they should have a meeting monday morning and discuss the tread There is more to the Irish shopping than those looking for startup guitar packs.

Its a savage shop but come on, get the simple things right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

There are a few factors that make a quality service:

1. No matter what you ask for the shop will do everything in their power to get you what you want, when I get treated like this I am a customer for life.

2. That level of service must continue

3. The customer should be given time and care and never hear the words 'no'

Really is that simple :)

There is no better feeling when a shop looks after you and takes the burden of finding something away, and then delivers.

Best of luck

dav nagle wrote: »
    Perhaps this is turning into one of those threads that is better off getting closed.
    So as soon as some criticism is dished out, whoah let's lock the thread because we can't have anybody's precious feelings get hurt???? They've gotten a whole load of free advertising and promo on this thread alone with everyone bigging them up. Now that they are up and running and things aren't running smoothly they can't just bury their head in the sand and hope all the bad men go away.

The simple fact is, there have been a few people recently that have complained about the service they have received (or haven't received as the case may be).

Savman wrote: »
    So as soon as some criticism is dished out, whoah let's lock the thread because we can't have anybody's precious feelings get hurt????

The thread hasn't been locked. Let's keep it OT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

you cant please all the people all the time, boo hoo, suck it up and lets get on with our lives

you cant please all the people all the time, boo hoo, suck it up and lets get on with our lives

What sort of comment is that. I asked for a quote was promised a call/email with said quote and got nothing. Its not as if i just walked in and arsed around and showed some interest in something that I've no intention of buying. I had everything with me to show that I was not wasting there time. Paul knows what I'm doing so I'm no bloody bull ****'r

This tread as pointed out is about a new store thats meant to blow away everyone else apart from the lack of return calls they'll do it. One bad comment and its how dare you, like WFT :confused:

Its not about pleasing everyone all the time its about providing a service that you said you'd provide. If this gets locked cause of the comments being made now then its a disgrace. Do I start another tread called "XMusic, the faults".

Go to the banking forum and see that there is plenty of bad stuff said about banks, its discuss in a adult manner and I can so reason as to why that can not be done here.

Dav Nagle is 100% correct in what he is saying, where not asking for much here in all fairness.

The thread hasn't been locked. Let's keep it OT.

I am keeping it on OT. Its about Xmusic and everything that there about.

The tread is not called "Xmusic, happy comments only".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Question first, what is OT?

Second, I've had nothing but good service from Musician Inc and have recommended many people to go there for their musical needs. I've always found the staff to be helpful, friendly and willing to go out of their way to help.

As it's the same staff now in X Music I'd be willing to give a benefit of the doubt considering as they are just up and running.

As for not replying to you, maybe it got lost in the whole getting stuff up and running part. Maybe it's something that has to be addressed. As for locking the thread, a big boo-urns to that idea. If X music does as it says they'll do (competing with thomann et al) this is nothing but good publicity, especially as they have the opportunity to come on here and redress the balance.

That attitude is arse though. Do you apply that to the ****ty bus service and any government services that take forever to get back to you?

On Topic? :D

Hi all

Thanks to all for replying and defending us, but Unclebill has a point. He was promised a phone call and he didn't get one.

Our bad. As I said before - apologies.

But as I've said already, if you'd like to PM me again and let me know what it is your looking for I'll find out for you. Or at least I'll find out why you didn't get that call back.

It may have been a simple case that someone forgot.

At the end of the day it was our mistake and all I can do now is try to sort it out for you.

You can email me directly at <snip> Please read the charter re emails in posts. Send it by PM instead <snip>

I won't be back in work till Monday morning though, I'm at home at the mo.

Cheers

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

^Have you guys got Orange amps in your store?
    I'm actually looking for a Orange Micro Crush actually... Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

You could make a movie out of this thread.

I can't wait to see what happens next:D

• Advertisement

I am keeping it on OT. Its about Xmusic and everything that there about.

The tread is not called "Xmusic, happy comments only".

Tis all good, tis all good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement