Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-03-2020, 11:15   #1
Max H

Corona Virus and licence applications

What do you think, will people with outstanding licence applications, still have them processed, or with the Gards being more busy will they be put on hold. Therefore if they are put on hold and run over the three months, will this be technically classed as a refusal. Although in the scheme of things probably a minor issue.
Advertisement
15-03-2020, 11:41   #2
Grizzly 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max H View Post
What do you think, will people with outstanding licence applications, still have them processed, or with the Gards being more busy will they be put on hold. Therefore if they are put on hold and run over the three months, will this be technically classed as a refusal. Although in the scheme of things probably a minor issue.
We'll soon find out.Got one that's due May.IF it gets as bad as predicted I doubt this will be a priority for them and they will suspend any further applications,or just issue enmasse to clear the desks.
15-03-2020, 13:21   #3
zeissman

I think they will still process renewals but they might stop taking new applications.
I was a bit worried myself as I had to apply for a new licence as I have a rifle away at the moment being rebarreled to a different calibre.
I got the grant letter on Thursday.
15-03-2020, 13:57   #4
Vizzy

I submitted a renewal on Thursday, so I'll keep ye posted
Thanks from:
15-03-2020, 14:09   #5
cookimonster

Chill for the moment.

With the exception of a few things, public sector groups are working as per the norm. Challenges to personal safety and operational necessities are at present been met. Thousands of people both in the public and private sectors are still turning out to do their jobs, wheather it's mundane or extraordinary.

Let's not start catastrophizing here. It is no doubt a challenging time for us as a society and nation but lets not add to it by speculation.

Recent social media outbursts have set people panicking - be it the lack of toilet paper or the mobilization of the Army. In reality there are individuals looking at eventualities, but it will be done on an escalation footing.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2020, 17:27   #6
kunekunesika

Posted off 2 section 42 applications during the week. I'd kinda hope that they are going to sit on an empty desk for a long while. And whoever normally drives that desk is busy elsewhere in the system doing something more important. But we'll see, it takes time for these situations to filter down to all sections of the public service. And just like my half nct, can't see me being arrested or locked up, any time soon.
16-03-2020, 07:41   #7
Hunter456

have a renewal i need to send in for the shotgun it will be interesting to see its progress.
16-03-2020, 07:56   #8
The Bishop Basher

I was just wondering about this last night.

Received my licence renewal for the rifle a few weeks ago. Filled it out immediately and dropped it down the station. The certificate arrived in the post 8 days later and the licence arrived on Friday so it's all working as normal here for now anyway. (North Wicklow).

Might be a very different story in a few months time when my shotgun is due. I was thinking they might grant automatic extensions in cases where the licence can't be renewed due to lack of Garda resources. Who knows though.
16-03-2020, 11:56   #9
Max H

Well my grant letter arrived this morning, so application to grant letter was 7 weeks less 1 day
Advertisement
16-03-2020, 11:59   #10
Cass

Send a message via MSN to Cass
There was an announcement yesterday, and while you cannot trust anything you read on the interweb, it laid out a plan of action by AGS which included bringing recruits into "frontline" activities, releasing administrative members into frontline activities, and cancelling all retirements and leave for the near future.

If its true then anything being processed or close to being processed should go through, but we may see a delay in the coming weeks.
19-03-2020, 19:56   #11
cookimonster

Just to add fuel to the paranoia pyre, straight from the hallow ground of Facebook:

NOTE: UK Only
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1584647060012.jpg (113.3 KB, 1095 views)
19-03-2020, 20:09   #12
Cass

The person to person interviews for new applicants only i'd imagine. Existing license holders, variations, etc. shouldn't be an issue.
19-03-2020, 20:13   #13
cookimonster

The scuttle but on the group is that only exsisting licences will be renewed. No new applications or variations to be dealt with for the foreseeable future.
(2) thanks from:
19-03-2020, 20:39   #14
Cass

Bummer and stop giving ags ideas.
(2) thanks from:
19-03-2020, 20:55   #15
cookimonster

This is off topic but it shows the on going situation in France.

I just received an email from the Fédération Nationale des Chasseurs-

Quote:
Dear hunter friends,
The situation of the measures to be applied is changing every day. Following a first press release from the President of the National Federation of Hunters, which had been validated by the ministry, new changes are taking effect today.

- Any regulatory or hunting action is now prohibited.
- Trapping and guarding are now prohibited.
- The training of small game, or wild boars is now prohibited.
- You can always go and feed your animals who are not on your own place of residence, like dogs, horses, callers ... You must then bring your duly completed certificate and your hunting license.

FDC 32 reiterates the national message and urges you to exercise the utmost caution, and to do your utmost to stop the virus from spreading as quickly as possible.

-a poor Google translation of orginal email.

I was, by coincidence, talking to my friend over there and he had told me of the hunting ban, a bad time as the boar need culling. I had already received the orginal email on the ban on hunting in groups, but individual hunting at that time was not banned. Todays email stops all activities.

We'll just have to wait out more info.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion