Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
23-01-2020, 13:05   #5281
revoke12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by afro man View Post
Also planning trip next week or two
party of 6-8 looking for somewere live music and good pints
for young late 40 -50 year olds
Definately Reidys with the life music especially on the weekends, Tatler jack also and the failte would have good music Fri, sat , sunday midweek im not too sure but they would be the most lively pubs for sure.
revoke12 is offline  
Advertisement
23-01-2020, 14:13   #5282
afro man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by revoke12 View Post
Definately Reidys with the life music especially on the weekends, Tatler jack also and the failte would have good music Fri, sat , sunday midweek im not too sure but they would be the most lively pubs for sure.
Cheers might have to do a bit of a pub crawl so
afro man is offline  
23-01-2020, 15:01   #5283
revoke12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by afro man View Post
Cheers might have to do a bit of a pub crawl so
Yes most def, another gorgeous bar is the ross its a cocktail bar is a def aswell very chilled atmosphere
revoke12 is offline  
23-01-2020, 15:09   #5284
afro man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by revoke12 View Post
Yes most def, another gorgeous bar is the ross its a cocktail bar is a def aswell very chilled atmosphere
At the moment we looking at accomodation Scotts hotel or Eviston house hotel
both central enough ?? any inside info on both
afro man is offline  
23-01-2020, 15:10   #5285
revoke12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by afro man View Post
At the moment we looking at accomodation Scotts hotel or Eviston house hotel
both central enough ?? any inside info on both
Both very central to the town both good Scotts has a fantastic bar with live music also so id be aiming towards that one. But eviston just as good
revoke12 is offline  
Advertisement
23-01-2020, 17:04   #5286
afro man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by revoke12 View Post
Both very central to the town both good Scotts has a fantastic bar with live music also so id be aiming towards that one. But eviston just as good
Thanks Revoke12 I will let the other half make the call on Hotels so
afro man is offline  
23-01-2020, 17:09   #5287
revoke12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by afro man View Post
Thanks Revoke12 I will let the other half make the call on Hotels so
No Problem, some great central hotels in Killarney and at good prices but either of them are perfect
revoke12 is offline  
23-01-2020, 18:21   #5288
dobman88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by afro man View Post
At the moment we looking at accomodation Scotts hotel or Eviston house hotel
both central enough ?? any inside info on both
Have stayed in both. Scott's wins hands down. Wouldnt even recommend a drink in the eviston, never mind a stay there.
dobman88 is offline  
Thanks from:
14-02-2020, 15:10   #5289
OMM 0000
Registered User
 
OMM 0000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2,461
Hi guys

There's a job going in Killarney if any of you are interested.

Tatler Jack in Killarney are looking for a Chef.

Full time & part time available.

3,4 & 5 shifts available.

Please apply at https://kerryjobs.ie/job/14101425/chef
OMM 0000 is offline  
Advertisement
25-02-2020, 09:22   #5290
Radio5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,512
That new Cinema building on the old Torc Hotel site is some eyesore, regardless of whether or not another cinema is needed. At least that part of town now has its own eyesore to match the Reeks Building on the Tralee Road.
Radio5 is offline  
Thanks from:
25-02-2020, 13:25   #5291
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio5 View Post
That new Cinema building on the old Torc Hotel site is some eyesore, regardless of whether or not another cinema is needed. At least that part of town now has its own eyesore to match the Reeks Building on the Tralee Road.
I honestly don't see the problem. I reckon it looks better than what it was, a landfill almost.
stop animal cruelty is offline  
Thanks from:
25-02-2020, 13:41   #5292
madcabbage
Registered User
 
madcabbage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,233
What was wrong with the one in town that we need another one? A bowling alley or arcade or something the town already DOES NOT HAVE would have sufficed
madcabbage is offline  
Thanks from:
25-02-2020, 15:20   #5293
Boom__Boom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcabbage View Post
What was wrong with the one in town that we need another one? A bowling alley or arcade or something the town already DOES NOT HAVE would have sufficed
Serious lack of parking for the one in town.

Also I heard that the owners of the East Avenue have bought the cinema in town and there is a strong possibility it will close in the future.
Boom__Boom is offline  
Thanks from:
14-03-2020, 12:57   #5294
phater phagan
Registered User
 
phater phagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 649
Hi all. Does anyone know if the gyms or leisure centres/ swimming pools around town are closed? I drove by Coral on N22 roundabout and it appeared to be closed.
phater phagan is offline  
15-03-2020, 18:03   #5295
Chancer3001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,242
Its closed.

Every bar in killarney seems to have closed also. Probabaly in wake of how poorly temple bar came across recently
Chancer3001 is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet