Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

its got a EI Reservation number starting with 2, not sure what airline it was purchased through but we always use the same travel agent anyway

It says N4HDVS which suggests it was ticketed by BA

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

Reply from Avios
    Thank you for your email.

We have a known issue with Aer Lingus login at the moment due to recently changing our systems.

Our IT team are currently looking into this, however we do not have a time frame when this will be fixed just yet.

In the meantime if you wish to spend the points, please call and any booking fees would be waived. I do apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So bottled sparkling water the latest victim in Aer Lingus lounge ffs.

Noticed this the other day. Bloody stupid.

I am sure they will claim it's for environmental reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

I can't log in either. Glad to know it ism't just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Reply from Avios
    Thank you for your email.

We have a known issue with Aer Lingus login at the moment due to recently changing our systems.

Our IT team are currently looking into this, however we do not have a time frame when this will be fixed just yet.

In the meantime if you wish to spend the points, please call and any booking fees would be waived. I do apologise.

I rang the help number. Was told it was an issue with my computer.
    Despite trying on multiple browsers, devices etc with browser history and cookies cleared as advised, it is still not working.

Very inconvenient, can anyone here actually access their avios account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Mine works on my mobile but not on iPad or desktop - so maybe it is a cache issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Mine works on my mobile but not on iPad or desktop - so maybe it is a cache issue?

Yes working fine on my phone throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Avios performed an advertised upgrade on their systems from 9.30pm on Wednesday 9th Oct for 24 hours. However, since then you cannot login on a PC to view your AerClub points, book flights etc.. I have called them repeatedly and they say IT are working on it.

Aer Lingus have put out notifications by mail and on the website (when you login) to say that avios transactions prior to Oct 9th cannot be displayed, (tier points are fine), but newer ones post Oct 9th seem to be coming through alright. I can view my accout on the EI app, on the phone, but nothing before Oct 9th.

if you login to your BA account (if you have one) you can book via avios points there - so it does appear that the Avios upgrade broke the Aer lingus specific stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

I was in the lounge yesterday and lots of comments to the staff there about the lack of bottled water available. Seems like an odd move and I am sure they will say it's all about reducing plastic use but it's a cost cutting measure and I have never been in any other lounge that does not offer bottles of water. Flagship lounge my A$$

I was in the lounge yesterday and lots of comments to the staff there about the lack of bottled water available. Seems like an odd move and I am sure they will say it's all about reducing plastic use but it's a cost cutting measure and I have never been in any other lounge that does not offer bottles of water. Flagship lounge my A$$

Bring your own container next time and ask them where can you fill it with the sparkling water they provide.

• Advertisement

Bring your own container next time and ask them where can you fill it with the sparkling water they provide.

I think you may be missing the point, Aer Lingus are reducing their perks for loyal customers and it's the silly stuff like this that can drive people away. In saying that, you are right we should all be using our own containers.

I think you may be missing the point, Aer Lingus are reducing their perks for loyal customers and it's the silly stuff like this that can drive people away. In saying that, you are right we should all be using our own containers.

I agree, my point (badly written) was that if it is to save plastic, if we brought our own containers, they should have a supply of the water in a 5/10l reusable drum. This would reduce single use plastic.

My sense is they won’t have that which points to the fact it’s a money saving initiative disguised as a eco one.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

I can't log in either. Glad to know it ism't just me.

its been like that for a week, pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Amazingly the mobile and desktop authentication systems arn't linked. I pointed this out about two years ago to them but they couldn't care less. The development of Aer Lingus, from a technical standpoint, is an absolute sham. Their source code appears on a number of forums, including Stackoverflow.

If you reset your password on mobile, it doesn't reflect desktop (And vice versa) My guess is that they sync data every couple of hours, which is absolute nonsense for a whole host of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭cson

Majority of US lounges don't have bottled water, there'll be a fountain (usually flavored with lemons/limes etc).

Simple reason is, if you have items that people can just take with then people usually lose the run of themselves when its free.

cson wrote: »
    Majority of US lounges don't have bottled water, there'll be a fountain (usually flavored with lemons/limes etc).

Simple reason is, if you have items that people can just take with then people usually lose the run of themselves when its free.

I was in the JFK EI lounge last week and they had bottles of fizzy water on offer there, you are right about the still stuff as that tends to be the big dispenser. I think most lounges are very overrated at this stage anyway and I only tend to go in if I have a bit of time to wait as they can be quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,310 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

The lounge is ****. What is the point of having a barista machine when it only opens for 1.5 hours per day as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Can a silver tier member access 51st & Green if flying transatlantic. And if so do you just show your membership or book in advance.

Also what is the procedure for accessing the regular Aer Lingus lounge?
    Book in advance or show card?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Silver does not get access to 51st & Green. For the regular lounge, assuming you're flying Aer Lingus, just turn up and show your card and boarding card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

fullstop wrote: »
    The lounge is ****. What is the point of having a barista machine when it only opens for 1.5 hours per day as well?

I don't bother going there anymore - flying is frustrating enough !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

So I'm on 487.5 points and i have 2 x return trips to Amsterdam this month and a return to JFK in early November with my points resetting on November 28th.

The JFK flights were 400 euro on a Smart fare including baggage and advance seat selection.

Seeing as i only seem to be getting 7.5 points each way lately im skeptical if ill reach 600 in time. Has anyone else noticed a slow down in getting the full 15 each way coming up to Platnum? I believe its 50 each way trans atlantic for smart unless bought in a sale.

I may have to squeeze in another return to Amsterdam between NY and the date of expiry. I had no points awarded last week for the MAN-ORK leg of a flight booked through FLYBE even tho i had a Aer lingus booking number starting with 2(Not sure who work booked the tickets through, all i know is a travel agent does it)

I was in the JFK EI lounge last week and they had bottles of fizzy water on offer there, you are right about the still stuff as that tends to be the big dispenser. I think most lounges are very overrated at this stage anyway and I only tend to go in if I have a bit of time to wait as they can be quieter.

Aspire Lounge that EI use in Amsterdam is abysmal! Aspire lounges are usually good Such as Cork, Manchester and LHR T3.

I actually bought the Basic privium in schiphol to skip every q and i upgraded to full for the lounge as its fantastical as i dont even go near the Aspire in AMS.

Tomato soup and bread rolls 24/7 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Aspire Lounge that EI use in Amsterdam is abysmal! Aspire lounges are usually good Such as Cork, Manchester and LHR T3.

I actually bought the Basic privium in schiphol to skip every q and i upgraded to full for the lounge as its fantastical as i dont even go near the Aspire in AMS.

Tomato soup and bread rolls 24/7 :mad:

The Aspire lounge in Bristol is very poor.

So I'm on 487.5 points and i have 2 x return trips to Amsterdam this month and a return to JFK in early November with my points resetting on November 28th.

The JFK flights were 400 euro on a Smart fare including baggage and advance seat selection.

Seeing as i only seem to be getting 7.5 points each way lately im skeptical if ill reach 600 in time. Has anyone else noticed a slow down in getting the full 15 each way coming up to Platnum? I believe its 50 each way trans atlantic for smart unless bought in a sale.

I may have to squeeze in another return to Amsterdam between NY and the date of expiry. I had no points awarded last week for the MAN-ORK leg of a flight booked through FLYBE even tho i had a Aer lingus booking number starting with 2(Not sure who work booked the tickets through, all i know is a travel agent does it)

400 return to JFK is going to be 25 each way

What are the booking class codes for all the flights?
    The email will stay

Only flights ticketed and operated by or on behalf of Aer Lingus qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

Oh dont worry I am 11 points short of Platinum this year....couldnt be arsed..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

Quick query on booking flights - Ive read here many times that its better to book through BA rather than through AerClub program.

Couple of questions on this - say I want to book return flights to DXB from London in business class - in aer lingus avios this is 50,000 points each way off peak...

Are the avios points required less if I book through BA program the same?

Is the saving just in terms of taxes and fees?

Taxes and fees, shop around and pick BA or EI Avios based on the pricing

400 return to JFK is going to be 25 each way

What are the booking class codes for all the flights?
    The email will stay

Only flights ticketed and operated by or on behalf of Aer Lingus qualify

A/Economy Class CONFIRMED :confused:

It was a Smart fare i got rather than Saver

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

A day trip to London on Aer Space will get you 100 points and set you back a lot less than a transatlantic flight. When was the last time you visited the British Museum? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Feck London...

Day trip to Donegal

Advertisement