Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass shooting in el paso

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Reports of 22 dead,18 in a walmart

.....surely its time for countries to issue travel warnings to america at this stage?

Reports of.multiple shooters

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not again. Jesus :(

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

It's horrifying how commonplace this has become stateside. RIP to the deceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/03/us/el-paso-shooting/index.html
    Multiple people were killed Saturday in a shooting in El Paso, Texas, according to local police.
    At least one person is in custody, El Paso Police Sgt. Enrique Castillo told reporters, and authorities don't believe there is an ongoing threat.

The scene is unfolding in the same week two employees were fatally shot at a Walmart store in Southaven, Mississippi, and three people were shot and killed at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in California.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Too easy access. Maybe he picked it right up off the shelf

• Advertisement

Awaiting manic Moran........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

It's their culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

the types of weapons which can be obtained there are too deadly for civilian purposes.

they were right in that people do need access to firearms, but they were wrong in the type which people should be allowed access to.

its not a binary choice of 'guns or no guns'. its a spectrum, with zero firearms on one end and heavy weapons on the other.

UK, Ireland, other European countries probably got it closer to the right answer.
    A rifle, sure.

A rifle which can spray up a mall with high caliber rounds in mere seconds, nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Chances of it being a loony Trump supporter?

kneemos wrote: »
    Not sure why you are trying to bring politics into this, it's probably not a politically motivated shooting.

Maybe about the same as a loony Sanders supporter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Police source confirms 18 dead so far. I heard also two or three shooters entered Walmart and started shooting up the mall. One is in custody right now. One or two guys still remain at large unconfirmed. Still an active scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

As always thoughts and prayers.....till the next time...next week probably.

kneemos wrote: »

Its a seriously fcuked up.country that sees people automatically assume its political attack vs terrorist attack/nutter gone loose

Rip to all those involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

It's their culture.

If we said that about muslims you’d be shouting racist and alt right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

https://www.facebook.com/crisisresponse/398390847699421/?alias=398390847699421

Go to that link and mark yourself safe so friends and family are not worried.

paging the gun fetishists.

i need a 30 round magazine because...

_blaaz wrote: »
    Its a seriously fcuked up.country that sees people automatically assume its political attack vs terrorist attack/nutter gone loose

Rip to all those involved

No, posters like you are seriously ****ed up, gloating every time this happens.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Thoughts and prayers...

Now isn't the time to talk about guns...

Forgotten about...

Mass shooting, thoughts and prayers...

Etc.

RIP to all who have died and will be affected by this, but it's such a shame that America is so backwards that it can't wake up to what's going on in front of them, backed up by that terrorist organisation the National Rifle Association.

It’s nuts. There’s people who were loading there shopping into their cars in the car park or pushing their trolleys just shot dead for absolutely no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Americans have decided time and time again to prioritize gun ownership over public safety

Choices have consequences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

greencap wrote: »
    paging the gun fetishists.

You should never be allowed to own a car, you might drink and drive.

No, posters like you are seriously ****ed up, gloating every time this happens.

Im not gloating?
    (Literally highlighted how.fcuked up america is....the politics or otherwise of america wont ever affect me,il not ever go there)

Chill.out mate......i posted thread on another mass shooting...and your in here personally attacking me.....up the path now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

If we said that about muslims you’d be shouting racist and alt right.

Are guns not part of American culture?

greencap wrote: »
    ...I want to?

You should never be allowed to own a car, you might drink and drive.

True. Same thing.

Yeah, and 99.x plus percentage of legal gun owners use them responsibility.

If we posted ‘it’s their culture’ after another Muslim attack in the west you’d be all over it.

biko wrote: »
    ...I want to?

I want a tiger, and a mortar launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is it confirmed it's 18 people dead ? I ask because abc news just had an alert that says "18 people have been shot, multiple are dead"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Not one of the first things that come to mind.

• Advertisement

_blaaz wrote: »
    Im not gloating?
    (Literally highlighted how.fcuked up america is....the politics or otherwise of america wont ever affect me,il not ever go there)

Chill.out mate......i posted thread on another mass shooting...and your in here personally attacking me.....up the path now

Yeah, you rushed on here to thanks whore, no ulterior notice there. You aren’t fooling anyone, pal.

Advertisement