Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass shooting in el paso

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Collie D wrote: »
    He looks a bit “clean cut/nerdy” to be a stereotypical gang member...presuming the Snapchat is him obviously.

All the 9/11 attackers where clean shaven and well dressed. There is no stereotypical murder profile.

This looks like the same fella in the cctv pic but doesn’t look like the snapchat guy.

https://twitter.com/breakinglv/status/1157749406524956672?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 25,463 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

weisses wrote: »
    Just waiting for Biko to come in and blame it on middle eastern people

In 5 ...4 ..3

Shooter is quoted as saying "gamers need to rise up"

I think even the most hard line anti Muslim posters will find it hard to shoe horn islam into this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Shooter is quoted as saying "gamers need to rise up"

I think even the most hard line anti Muslim posters will find it hard to shoe horn islam into this one.

It was a hoax call, hope the police find this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Overheal wrote: »
    Literally the 2nd post in the thread politicized it. But you didn’t seem to give a **** about that :rolleyes:

The 2nd post mentioned gun laws, that's understandable, but referencing Omar's comments was making it political in a much different way and you know it. If the photo had shown it was a Muslim, and someone did what you did, only the other way around, you would have been complaining about it. The double standards never end do they.

Oh and for the record, those who were angry at Omar's comments, were angry not because she was pointing out that young white men are responsible for the bulk of such shootings, but because of the way that she did it. She was asked about Radical Islamic violence in America and immediately deployed Whataboutism with regards to how white people are an issue that needs to be addressed, swerving the question put to her.

Had she immediately condemned Islamic terrorism in the States and then perhaps said that 'You know it's not just radical Islam that are committing heinous acts of violence in America, white men are too' then I don't believe anyone would have had an issue with what she said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved from AH > CA and merged with duplicate thread.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fusitive

That snap isn't the shooter at all, that was a wannabe vigilante and he confirmed that on snap after those pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is there any chance of you lot shutting the fec up and waiting for some confirmation of what happened?!

CNN "God i hope he's a white Trump supporter"

Fox News " God i hope he was a Muslim"

That's America in a nutshell now.

18 Dead original number now confirmed by ABC news. Dozens more injured. This is bad dozens plural

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1157756347418664960

• Advertisement

CNN "God i hope he's a white Trump supporter"

Fox News " God i hope he was a Muslim"

That's America in a nutshell now.

MSNBC news has just aired the name of the shooter. 21 year old male Patrick Crusius a resident of Dallas. Dallas is about 500 miles from El Paso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

MSNBC news has just aired the name of the shooter. 21 year old male Patrick Crusius a resident of Dallas. Dallas is about 500 miles from El Paso.

And he has a manifesto which mainly criticises the large number of Hispanic immigrants entering America.

tuxy wrote: »
    And he has a manifesto which mainly criticises the large number of Hispanic immigrants entering America.

I saw it, but it best to not post about till its confirmed by law enforcement.

Latest i heard is 19 dead 40 injured by news sources. He shot kids also, sick bastard.

I saw it, but it best to not post about till its confirmed by law enforcement.

True and best not to link to the manifesto even if it is confirmed.
    This could be the start of a new wave of mass shooters inspired by the Christchurch shooter. These ones won't be committing suicide and will try to use their trial to push their agenda further.

True and best not to link to the manifesto even if it is confirmed.
    This could be the start of a new wave of mass shooters inspired by the Christchurch shooter. These ones won't be committing suicide and will try to use their trial to push their agenda further.

Yes, for the first part.

Can't predict the future, though the availability of guns make it easier for lunatics to carry out mass shootings.

Did the sheriff just say 3000 people in walmart when the shooting happened? That's a big shop

• Registered Users Posts: 35,868 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Some guy on facebook with same name is taking all the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,336 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Did the sheriff just say 3000 people in walmart when the shooting happened? That's a big shop

Think he estimated 1,000 - 3,000 and a few hundred employees but he was talking about the Mall as a whole (Cielo Vista Mall)

Walmart was connected to it, same parking lot I believe which is where shooting reportedly started.

If anyone's been to a big Mall in the US you likely have an idea of what this one sounds like, a hundred small stores and a few big ones, this one has JC Penny's, Sears, with a supermarket attached - in this case there's a Walmart alongside it.

Size wise this is similar to Dundrum shopping centre, not just 1 shop

Added to that it's back to school week with schools back next week, and it's a Saturday afternoon, so numbers don't sound surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It just boggles the mind that someone can even consider mass murder.
    You must be totally gone in the head to pick up a gun and point it at innocent people and fire.
    Send to psycho hospital for evaluation, then dungeon and throw away key.

CNN confirmed suspect name is Patrick Crucius just now on Wolf's show. 21 year old white male.

Sounds like the online manifesto is likely genuine but they aren't confirming that just mentioning that it indicates motive

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    It just boggles the mind that someone can even consider mass murder.
    You must be totally gone in the head to pick up a gun and point it at innocent people and fire.
    Send to psycho hospital for evaluation, then dungeon and throw away key.

Texas has the death penalty so there will be no dungeon or key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

So the conservative right wing strike again in a mass shooting murdering lots of people and yet there are those on the conservative right here in far away Ireland who criticise the opposition for simply protesting without killing anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Texas has the death penalty so there will be no dungeon or key.

Hope they preserve that brain. Could come in useful some day.

Oh, and fck his and his family's wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

biko wrote: »
    Not sure why you are trying to bring politics into this, it's probably not a politically motivated shooting.

Maybe about the same as a loony Sanders supporter?

Did you actually think it was the same chances of it being a Sanders supporter as a Trump supporter, or that it wasn't politically motivated?

Pretty easy one to call, especially in Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,106 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

8-10 wrote: »
    CNN confirmed suspect name is Patrick Crucius just now on Wolf's show. 21 year old white male.

Sounds like the online manifesto is likely genuine but they aren't confirming that just mentioning that it indicates motive

I was followings Fox News to see if they bought he might be brown. No mention of the type of shooter so presumed he was a white American. Fox would be quick to point out if it was a non white shooter.

It’s alwats interesting to watch he reaction to the same shooting depending on the shooter.

Muslim shooter: requires billions of dollars to be spent to shore up security, more surveillance, maybe ban brown people from e teeing the country.

White shooter: thoughts and prayers, it’s not the time to make rash decisions. Have some respect for the bereaved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

You can't do much about the mass shooting just gone but you can act to prevent the next one. But the yanks aren't interested so what can you do except feel sorry for those affected and move on. Yanks, mental health and guns seems like a toxic mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Mad country altogether. Been in free fall as a society for a long time now.

Despite the regular occurence of these shootings, that statement isn't true. It's a massive country with a massive population and Ireland would be just as dysfunctional if it were that size and had the same gun laws. People get along just the same as they do here, as in 99% of the time.

It's just an incredible shame they don't make any efforts to stop these weapons being sold, but there are so many guns already about the place I don't know if that would make a difference.

Having lived in both countries pretty much the only thing I prefer here is that guns are not illegal. It's a huge worry off your mind, but is Irish society in any less of a 'free fall'? No. They're actually very similar societies believe it or not, it's just that what you get from TV and the media makes it seem otherwise.

I was followings Fox News to see if they bought he might be brown. No mention of the type of shooter so presumed he was a white American. Fox would be quick to point out if it was a non white shooter.

It’s alwats interesting to watch he reaction to the same shooting depending on the shooter.

Muslim shooter: requires billions of dollars to be spent to shore up security, more surveillance, maybe ban brown people from e teeing the country.

White shooter: thoughts and prayers, it’s not the time to make rash decisions. Have some respect for the bereaved.

In fairness the lady on CNN (missed her name) specifically spoke about the radicalisation of white men in America and how it's the most common radicalisation happening right now.

I mean she's right, but it's nearly surprising to hear it given how softly softly they approach it in the media.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    You can't do much about the mass shooting just gone but you can act to prevent the next one. But the yanks aren't interested so what can you do except feel sorry for those affected and move on. Yanks, mental health and guns seems like a toxic mix.

It will never be solved. Doesn't matter who's in charge, Trump, Obama, Clinton, Biden etc... the problem is too big for any government to master.

• Advertisement

Isn't the point of the second amendment in the U.S constitution to allow citizens to rise up against the government?
    There is no way any militia could take on the U.S Army but they can do these mass shootings.

Advertisement