Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass shooting in el paso

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Boggles wrote: »
    Ear Defenders?

Safety First I guess.

What an absolute cretin.

Yep gonna shoot best without your ear ringing and listening to victims scream for their lives. Hard to believe if this won’t be regarded an act of terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There seems to be conflicting reports of how many suspects there are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

What a complete loser indeed

Feeling tough shooting up a mall ....... With ****in ear muffs on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Boggles wrote: »
    Ear Defenders?

Safety First I guess.

What an absolute cretin.

That's a first I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Overheal wrote: »
    Whoops Omar was right again.

That’s chilling to see, on a more somber note. Terrifying.

Indeed. Out for the day shopping and some crazy lunatic walks in with an AK47 and starts shooting, horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

GoneHome wrote: »
    America is seriously f*$ked up in every way, I wouldn't dream of even visiting there for a weekend

You have never been there? But somehow know that it is ****ed up in very way... I can see from the scat fetish thread that you are a sound lad but I think you need to get out a bit more and don’t judge things based on ****e like this thread.

Gatling wrote: »
    That's a first I believe

Doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Collie D wrote: »
    It’s a border town. Not sure of the demographics but no doubt there is a sizeable Mexican population. Not sure what the Hispanic Squad is but it’s likely not an attack against Mexicans if the surname doing the rounds is correct. Photo of shooter also looks Hispanic.

I was picturing the shooter as a red neck with a mullet. He looks Hispanic, that's a wake up call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Gatling wrote: »
    That's a first I believe

I'm guessing he wanted to be caught alive for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There seems to be conflicting reports of how many suspects there are.

Three was mentioned early on but police have said they’ve arrested a suspect and are t looking for anyone else.

Scene is “active but under control”. What does that mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Overheal wrote: »
    Whoops Omar was right again.

That’s chilling to see, on a more somber note. Terrifying.

Didn't take you long to politicize it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Faugheen wrote: »
    Thoughts and prayers...

Now isn't the time to talk about guns...

Forgotten about...

Mass shooting, thoughts and prayers...

Etc.

RIP to all who have died and will be affected by this, but it's such a shame that America is so backwards that it can't wake up to what's going on in front of them, backed up by that terrorist organisation the National Rifle Association.

You might not like the NRA or what they stand for but it's a bit silly to call them terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Jody Smoke wrote: »
    Guns aren't quite as necessary as cars are and there's also the fact that there is really no need for people to own anything more than a hand gun but invariably these mass shootings are committed with weapons designed for causing mass damage rather than defensive purposes.

If the car is to be used in an analogy then it should be a car with nitro boost, cow catcher and jump hydraulics.
    Then the analogy works.

Probably best not to have high capacity high caliber weapons on sale, and probably best not to have cars with some kind of afterburner engine feature on sale either.

Probably best not to trust the public with something from Rambo/Predator.
    Probably best not to trust the public with something from mad max.

killjoy, yeah i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

EBEdbStUcAAKNx8.jpg

Looks white, but a bad picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

I'd say like 99% of these incidents the initial reports of multiple shooters is BS. It's easy to see why people get confused though

Texas Governor told Fox News 20 people dead, and many injured. Man in custody is a 21 year old man. There is a second man in custody, but maybe innocent.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1157743136468275200

EBEdbStUcAAKNx8.jpg

Looks white, but a bad picture

I’ll post image that the guy sent of himself on Snapchat. Gimme a min

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Keep on shooting each other, that will change the worlds perception of your country.

It's awful to live in fear that you might be shot while doing your shopping by someone with a legally held gun.

RIP to the victims.

E3-D6589-C-D17-D-451-F-AE3-A-BFB99-B2-E7-B31.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I was picturing the shooter as a red neck with a mullet. He looks Hispanic, that's a wake up call.

According to a local news report, the police are calling this "gang related terrorism". Whatever that means

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You would think he would post a picture of the same gun that he was going to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

I’ll post image that the guy sent of himself on Snapchat. Gimme a min

that appears to be the type of rifle that one might need for hunting and protecting ones home from burglars.

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Witness just said there the shooter mentioned 8Chan and said something about gamers needing to rise up.

EDIT: Okay scrap that, seems the witness was a hoax caller to MSNBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

kneemos wrote: »

Worldwide or just in Texas?

Witness just said there the shooter mentioned 8Chan and said something about gamers needing to rise up.

There lot of rumors he posted on Facebook this was going to happen. Unconfirmed so best wait till the police confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

EDIT: Okay scrap that, seems the witness was a hoax caller to MSNBC.

That was weird, did you hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    According to a local news report, the police are calling this "gang related terrorism". Whatever that means

He looks a bit “clean cut/nerdy” to be a stereotypical gang member...presuming the Snapchat is him obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Mad country altogether. Been in free fall as a society for a long time now.

• Advertisement

Didn't take you long to politicize it.

Literally the 2nd post in the thread politicized it. But you didn’t seem to give a **** about that :rolleyes:

Advertisement