Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2019 (15th & 16th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

dan786 wrote: »
    Combined Audible , Assistant and Promo 8£ on 4 different accounts. £28 pound on each, got 4 x free 4K firesticks.

What Firesticks?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cronos wrote: »
    What Firesticks?

He got £28 pounds free on each account and bought a fire stick with that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Haven't seen anything apart from maybe bottle or two of Whiskey that I'd consider buying. Girlfriend on the other hand has bought a few things and would buy more if she had the money.

I've noticed same thing with this sale before seems to be very hit and miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Jaklmex

Assistant doesn't recognise my browser

I have chrome and tried brave?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I just installed Amazon assistant but no credit seem to be applied to my account is there something I need to do to add it on?

I went to checkout with some items and it's still not there.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bah, assistant discount seems fickle. Won't apply to a nintendo switch but would to other items.
    Blacktie. wrote: »
    I just installed Amazon assistant but no credit seem to be applied to my account is there something I need to do to add it on?

Will take it off at checkout. Seems to be dependent on what you're buying though.

Edit: Actually no it;'s all over the place, just isn't applying it at all now for some reason even though I could see it on the exact same item earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Blacktie. wrote: »

i am on chat to them now about this. They say you have to install, spend £25 and then the discount is applied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

wawaman wrote: »
    i am on chat to them now about this. They say you have to install, spend £25 and then the discount is applied

Apparently offer was valid until 14th July so probably thats why its not working...you need to have it installed before that to get it to work.

• The Offer is only valid between July 01 2019 and July 14, 2019 at 11:59 p.m (GMT).
    • The Offer only applies to Amazon Prime customers who install Amazon Assistant for the first time between July 01 2019 and July 14, 2019. If you have previously installed Amazon Assistant on any browser, you will not be eligible for this Offer.
    • If you qualify for the Offer, the promotional reward of £10 will be automatically added to your customer account and you can use it for your next qualifying purchase with a value of £25 or more.
    • The promotional reward may only be redeemed against items dispatched from and sold by Amazon at the website www.amazon.co.uk. but not against Amazon devices, alcohol, digital content, baby and infant formula, Amazon Gift Cards, delivery and handling charges, gift wrapping, Warehouse Deals or products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities or products and services sold on any other website, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk" or "Prime Eligible."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Apparently offer was valid until 14th July so probably thats why its not working...you need to have it installed before that to get it to work.

Yeah I got the same response. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Has anyone else had Prime button greyed out for the entire sale (even with Prime account)?
    I've been on to CS but they just said they are aware of the issue, and it will be fixed soon
    https://i.snag.gy/fDBwyz.jpg
    Most recent chat wanted to ring me, but the three offers I was interested in are now gone, and I can't see what chat is going to do, so I declined.
    Realistically, I saved myself a coupld of hundred as none of the items were really anything i wanted to purchase before the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Total newbie to this

There’s a phone I’m lookin at

There’s a prime day price and a higher price but won’t let me access the prime day price.

What am I doing wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Total newbie to this

There’s a prime day price and a higher price but won’t let me access the prime day price.

What am I doing wrong?

Your not signed up for Prime :)

If your new there should be a free offer for a month or two and you can cancel whenever you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Total newbie to this

What am I doing wrong?

Do you have Prime?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Got a great deal on 8GB PC RAM for 27e. A year ago it was 85e - RAM prices must be coming down in general.

I've got the hump with Amazon now. Just discovered that one Prime day item has been sent with Ascendia and is scheduled to arrive in 8 days time.

The response from customer service to the complaint is "We’ll continue working with this to drive improvements for our customers."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Wheety wrote: »
    Do you have Prime?

No. I had the free trial last year at some stage but cancelled after month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Terminator wrote: »
    Got a great deal on 8GB PC RAM for 27e. A year ago it was 85e - RAM prices must be coming down in general.
    have you a link plz if its ddr3.thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Its DDR4 I'm afraid. I've posted the link below in case it is useful

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0734V4SSR/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

my3cents wrote: »
    I've got the hump with Amazon now. Just discovered that one Prime day item has been sent with Ascendia and is scheduled to arrive in 8 days time.

The response from customer service to the complaint is "We’ll continue working with this to drive improvements for our customers."

Ascendia are brutally slow and there tracking leaves something to be desired. I'd be arguing with CS that prime should mean 2 day delivery to ireland and perhaps get amazon credit as compensation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭turbbo

this amazon prime day is muck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Aren't delivery times during prime week normally longer than usual across the board, UK included?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

turbbo wrote: »
    this amazon prime day is muck

Agreed. very little appeals to me at all.

Ascendia are brutally slow and there tracking leaves something to be desired. I'd be arguing with CS that prime should mean 2 day delivery to ireland and perhaps get amazon credit as compensation

Just spent ages stating that to Vijay and no luck with anything free.

I'd have kept it up but I don't actually need the item straight away and it was only a Warehouse deal that was a tenner in total for the order. If it had been a Warehouse item for decent money then it would have given it a lot more effort.

I may give it another go when/if the item arrives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 djb92

I'm trying to order an anker power bank from Amazon using parcel motel but it says they will no like accept UK - Northern Ireland addresses? Is this a new thing? Any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

djb92 wrote: »
    I'm trying to order an anker power bank from Amazon using parcel motel but it says they will no like accept UK - Northern Ireland addresses? Is this a new thing? Any way around this?

Not new. Won't post batteries to non mainland address.

Address pal is work around.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

djb92 wrote: »

Won't ship batteries to Ireland. Use AddressPal or Parcel Wizard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

djb92 wrote:

Shipment of batteries is the problem. it's ridiculous, you can ship a new battery powered drill or lawn mower with a brand new battery from the UK but you cannot ship the battery on its own! Figure that one out!

Advertisement