Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Feck them, if they followed the rules they'd be grand, but no they'd rather potentially hold everyone else up.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

deezell wrote: »
    Italian regulators have told Ryanair to shove their cabin bag policy up their hole, (in a manner of speaking).
    “The request for supplementary pay for an essential element of air transport, such as hand baggage, provides a false representation of the real ticket price ... misleading the consumer,” sez they. Oh, and a €3M fine. Take that, Michael.
    The fundamental flaw in this judgment is that hand baggage is not an essential element of air transport. As well as that, you can bring hand baggage for free if it sits under the seat. I've done more than a thousand flights with Ryanair and never, not even once, have I placed a bag in the overheads. Either I was on a day trip only (maybe 75% of flights) or my travel bag sits comfortably under the seat in front.

Ryanair gives me the choice of not bringing/paying for a bag. What's wrong with that? Why should I have to pay extra for flights because other people wish to bring a bigger bag?

It is also utter nonsense to suggest that I am being "misled".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭deezell

Mebuntu wrote: »
    The fundamental flaw in this judgment is that hand baggage is not an essential element of air transport. As well as that, you can bring hand baggage for free if it sits under the seat. I've done more than a thousand flights with Ryanair.....
    .....Ryanair gives me the choice of not bringing/paying for a bag. What's wrong with that? Why should I have to pay extra for flights because other people wish to bring a bigger bag?

It is also utter nonsense to suggest that I am being "misled".

You're not misled, obviously, but maybe the Italians expect certain courtesies and standards which some will happily dispense with to save a buck. It's a dubious virtue to know the price of everything and the value of nothing, but that's where Ryanair are at.

It's a dubious virtue to know the price of everything and the value of nothing, but that's where Ryanair are at.
    Well, unless people are flush I'd be reasonably sure that many would disagree with that sentiment. When booking flights, yes, I was always aware of the (cheap) fares I was purchasing and I most certainly did know the value they were providing - especially during the recession times! Nothing dubious there, at all, at all :).

I was referring to Ryanair, not yourself. They are a company who introduce policies that they know will incense customers, while only pleasing a small few who are unaffected or may perceive that they are now a few euros to the good. It's a classic race to the bottom. On a recent one way, single passenger, bagless, no seat booked flight with them, I was beseiged by emails warning me of the horrors that awaited if I didn't book a seat/pay priority/pay for a bag. If these things are so important to the quality of their product, just include them and be done with it, and stop pretending they care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was referring to Ryanair, not yourself. They are a company who introduce policies that they know will incense customers, while only pleasing a small few who are unaffected or may perceive that they are now a few euros to the good. It's a classic race to the bottom. On a recent one way, single passenger, bagless, no seat booked flight with them, I was beseiged by emails warning me of the horrors that awaited if I didn't book a seat/pay priority/pay for a bag. If these things are so important to the quality of their product, just include them and be done with it, and stop pretending they care.

If these things are important to you then pay the extra for them. If they are not important to you then dont pay the extra for them and enjoy a cheaper flight. I'm not seeing why people have such an issue with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Yeah, but even when you buy seats they still send emails asking are you happy with your seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

The delete button takes care of them.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Yeah, but even when you buy seats they still send emails asking are you happy with your seats.

Ignore the emails so. They cant be that much of an imposition on your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

and?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

'and' it is irritating, and so obvious a trick to get more money from you.

Why don't they have a first page, after you have selected the low fare, with tick boxes for y/n to all the tricks?

Of course the tick boxes should include one that says do you want nag emails y/n? ;)

Why do almost all the posts on here end up in a slagging match 'pay' etc.....

I am intelligent enough (guaranteed slagging) to decide what I need from RyR, I don't need or want nags.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

and?

I’ve bought my seats. Full stop.

I don’t need emails from RY asking if I am happy with my seats. As if they gave a s*it. This is the airline that separate passengers on the same booking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

I am looking to book a flight in November but not able to on website on app. It seems as if they have disabled it from Oct 27th- Nov 18th yet I can book a flight in December.

Any ideas whats the issue here?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭granturismo

Nemanrio wrote: »
    I am looking to book a flight in November but not able to on website on app. It seems as if they have disabled it from Oct 27th- Nov 18th yet I can book a flight in December.

Thanks!

Could it be school midterms - they were at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov last year and airlines like to hike the prices up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Could it be school midterms - they were at the end of Oct/beginning of Nov last year and airlines like to hike the prices up.

Not sure exactly what you mean?

Nemanrio wrote: »

Thanks!

Maybe they have staff holiday issues again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

I don’t need emails from RY asking if I am happy with my seats. As if they gave a s*it. This is the airline that separate passengers on the same booking.

I have 9 return booking with Ryanair since November, never received any emails asking if I was happy with my seat.

Only email was warning about checking in for my flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

I book flights a lot for the football and get a lot of suggested flights in email,

big deal though, it's an email - one of a hundred odd I get a day of pure sh1te.

little to be worried about some people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

But are you happy with your seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

redcup342 wrote: »
    I have 9 return booking with Ryanair since November, never received any emails asking if I was happy with my seat.

Only email was warning about checking in for my flight.

If you choose "random" selection they ask you if you're happy with your seat (just in case you they can interest you in parting with some more cash to sit somewhere else).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭McSween

Does anyone know how much it costs to book a seat for my 23 month old. They seem incapable of answering this on twitter messaging.

McSween wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much it costs to book a seat for my 23 month old. They seem incapable of answering this on twitter messaging.

Fare same as an adult. Seat same as an adult, but it's compulsory to book and pay for small children's seats, and your own besidethem. You can't randomly distribute them around the plane between strangers, (however tempting that might be).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

Up to and including the 23rd month it’s an infant fare, 24 months and over is a normal fare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

billie1b wrote: »

Up to and including the 23rd month it’s an infant fare, 24 months and over is a normal fare

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/travelling-with-children/travelling-with-infants

billie1b wrote: »

Not forgetting that it is the age at the time of travel that is relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭McSween

Fare same as an adult. Seat same as an adult, but it's compulsory to book and pay for small children's seats, and your own besidethem. You can't randomly distribute them around the plane between strangers, (however tempting that might be).

But I have to phone them to book it?

But I have to phone them to book it?

If you want to book a comfort seat or use your own child seat for the infant you have to phone them.
    Infants aged less than 2 years must sit on the accompanying adult’s lap, an infant seat belt will be provided by cabin crew. Infants and any subsidy on the infant booking will be allocated to the first adult passenger on the booking.

Other options available for infants are:

Infants aged over 1 year can sit in their own aircraft seat using an Amsafe CARES child restraint (provided by the customer). Please contact a call centre to book this.

An infant comfort seat can be purchased, this can be used once airborne however the infant must sit on the accompanying adult’s lap during take-off, landing and if instructed by the cabin crew. Please contact a call centre to book this.

I don't think this recent court adjudication has already been posted here.

Anyone looking for EU261 compo for the strikes last year is out of luck it appears.

https://www.traveldailynews.com/post/ryanair-welcomes-irish-court-ruling-confirming-no-eu261-compansation-is-due-for-2018-internal-strikes

District Court which is non binding and does not carry any precedent. Open to appeal all the way up the judicial food chain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Good news on voucher legislation, Ryanair no longer able to dishonour vouchers where recipient name is different than their legal name. So Robert can use a voucher made out to Bob, (or Robbo, or Killer or Bobkins or any other nickname). Here's the reply from Heather Humphrey's secretary.

481352.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

If you pay priority boarding, is it still necessary to pay for seat selection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Gael23 wrote: »

Only to check in earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Gael23 wrote: »
    No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

hi all
    so we booked flights to salou on the 20/6/18 for 2 adults and 2 kids. We got the family plus setup and paid for our seats. We received an email from ryanair confirming all seats booked etc.
    Went to check in there for our flights on tues 11th june and the online check in is telling me to select seats? of course the only seats left together are the extra leg room seats at the emergency exit (which i cant book because of the kids) and the premium seats.
    now the flight times were changed maybe 5 times since june of last year so im wondering have my reserved seats been lost in the flight changes, or do we just have to wait until 2 days before to check in and receive the origional seats we booked.
    ive tried contacting the online chat but thats not going anywhere.
    any thoughts?

• Advertisement

If the flights get changed, all seat selections are lost and you have to rebook them.

At this stage all you can do is wait until the 48 hour window opens and get seats then.

If the flights get changed, all seat selections are lost and you have to rebook them.

At this stage all you can do is wait until the 48 hour window opens and get seats then.

you have to be joking?!! we paid extra at the time to book those seats. Its through no fault of our own that they changed the dates..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Surely Ryanair do not lose paid for services? The flight time has changed not the flight or the aircraft

Surely Ryanair do not lose paid for services? The flight time has changed not the flight or the aircraft

my thoughts exactly. i bought a service off them, i expect that service to be honoured. I mean they've changed the flights 5 times, surely i cant be expected to book my seats every time?

It happened to me where they gave away my reserved seat due to a schedule change. I had to go back in and select a seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

tom1ie wrote: »
    my thoughts exactly. i bought a service off them, i expect that service to be honoured. I mean they've changed the flights 5 times, surely i cant be expected to book my seats every time?

The email telling you the flights were changed should have told you to rebook your seats. Did it?

The email telling you the flights were changed should have told you to rebook your seats. Did it?

ok, so i checked the emails (there's 3 of them not 5) there and it says:

"Important: If you have already checked in online you will need to check in again and reprint the boarding passes."

so we reserved seats we didn't check in.

You should have checked. I never take anything for granted with Ryanair.

You will have to go onto the chat and get them to sort it out. They should do once they see you have paid.

You should have checked. I never take anything for granted with Ryanair.

You will have to go onto the chat and get them to sort it out. They should do once they see you have paid.
    yeah fair enough, but just another point id like to make, i rang up ryanair after the second flight time change to complain and i asked the girl on the phone was everything the same, ie the seat bookings and suitcase allowance etc she said yes. unfortunately i have no record of this.
    Also i presume my suitcase allowance is still there, so why cant my reserved seats be there?
    very bad management on ryanairs behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

tom1ie wrote: »
    yeah fair enough, but just another point id like to make, i rang up ryanair after the second flight time change to complain and i asked the girl on the phone was everything the same, ie the seat bookings and suitcase allowance etc she said yes. unfortunately i have no record of this.
    Also i presume my suitcase allowance is still there, so why cant my reserved seats be there?
    very bad management on ryanairs behalf.

I wouldn't presume anything.

I wouldn't presume anything.

so im looking at this costing an extra 120 euro to get reserved seating which i need as i'm travelling with the kids (which ive already paid for) and the only seats left that will allow us to sit together are the premium seats!
    this sounds like a bit of a ploy to get as much money as they can from passengers. Its also a complete balls up on their part.

Why pay them more? Just get onto chat and make them sort it out.

Why pay them more? Just get onto chat and make them sort it out.

yeah exactly. thats what ill be doing tomorrow. Tried to do that this evening but no one answered the webchat service during their opening hours. Could have been the bank holidays fault though!

If anyone can ruin your holiday before you even depart, it's Ryanair. Definitely don't wait until 48 hours. Do you have the original seat numbers you booked? Assume these are yours. Webchat and declare this assumption, or else you want your new contiguous numbers, as you have not yet been informed of them. Take the upper hand, like your are not entertaining the idea that they've given all the standard seats away. You'll have a record of the chat to back up any future arbitration. Ultimately, they will have to put random seat bookings in the premium if not sold and the flight is full. Theres a (slim) chance that your seats are among the reserved standard seats you can't select, they can't sell on all the standard seats if they have pre-paid obligations, just to force you to upgrade. It's horrible though, the feeling of being treated like rubbish, and paying for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

I don’t see the big problem, they only changed the time of the flight, not the actual bookings in it, everything on your booking is as normal, plus you say you paid for your seats/priority etc, if thats true you don’t have to wait until 48hrs before the flight, you can do it anytime from 30 days before the flight. Check in, check to see if it’s the seats you paid for, if not, go onto the web chat, give your reference number and they’ll sort it, it’s not near as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement