Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭amandstu

duploelabs wrote: »

Has he had one since he became president ? (is what I asked)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Anyone here remember the migrant caravan that everyone was panicking about? That one financed by Soros, O Rourke and probably Clinton? The one with the MS 13 and ISIS members in it that was making it's way to the US? It was so scary that even people in After Hours were freaking out about it.

A few weeks ago the time, the president thought that this was a big deal. It was such a big deal that he ordered the military to send 5,800 troops down to the border to do whatever their ROE would allow on US soil when dealing with civilians (in other words bugger all that couldn't be achieved by civilian law enforcement). Remember, this was Soros and ISIS and Mexicans from countries that aren't Mexico who were carrying diseases so it was vital to have troops at the border a month before the bio-terrorist caravan got there.

Well it looks like Trump has decided to abandon the poor citizens of his country. The troops are leaving the border and leaving the US open to all those ISIS and MS 13 members and the diseased rapists. Given how dangerous this caravan was, and lest not forget that it even had people over here worrying about it, this is completely reckless by Trump. If this caravan was so dangerous that it required the military to deal with it, then withdrawing the military weeks before the caravan arrives is opening the US up to all sorts of Soros funded shenanigans.
    The Pentagon is set to begin a drawdown of its 5,800 troops from the Southwest border as early as this week, the Army commander overseeing the mission told POLITICO today—even as the approaching caravan of refugees prompted U.S. customs officers to close a port of entry near Tijuana, Mexico.

All the active-duty troops that President Donald Trump ordered sent to the border before the midterm elections should be home by Christmas, said Army Lt. Gen. Jeffrey Buchanan, who is running the mission from San Antonio, Texas.

Unless of course this caravan brouhaha was little more than Trump's way of triggering his racist base and the use of the military was little more than an expensive stunt for the sake of an election but you wouldn't think that the "party of fiscal responsibility" would tolerate such waste.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Let's get those lock her up chants going shall we; I'm sure our Trump supporters here will insist that Ivanka should be fully investigated by the FBI and thrown in jail. After all if it's good enough for Hillary it has to be good enough for Ivanka after all...
    Donald Trump’s daughter, a key presidential advisor, is thought to have violated public records rules by writing a vast number of messages to cabinet members and aides using the address.

Of the hundreds of emails sent from Ms Trump to administration officials using her private account, most were relating to her official work schedule or to staff who cared for her children.

A smaller number however, thought to be fewer than 100 messages, were focused on discussions of government policy.

Correspondence from Ms Trump sent to Small Business Administration head Linda McMahon and education secretary Betsy DeVos were both discovered during the American Oversight investigation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

amandstu wrote: »
    Has he had one since he became president ? (is what I asked)

Yes:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/17/donald-trump-medical-exam-full-transcript

At least they got someone wearing a white coat to read a statement about how he was the healthiest president ever and was exactly 1 inch taller than everyone thought so that he wouldn't be classed as obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,115 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I heard this quote this morning, attributed to Carl Sagan. The more I think about it, the more it is, to me, spot on.

"Trump is a dumb man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Presumably Nancy Pelosi (or whoever is next Speaker) will be making sure Ivanka Trump is held to account for such a potential breach of national security

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Presumably Nancy Pelosi (or whoever is next Speaker) will be making sure Ivanka Trump is held to account for such a potential breach of national security

I'm hoping that the Democrats absolutely go to town on anything related to the Trump family that looks dodgy. It's about time these fools were exposed for the frauds that they are. Not that it'd matter to Trump's supporters, but the rest of us might feel a bit more satisfied.

robinph wrote: »
    Yes:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/17/donald-trump-medical-exam-full-transcript

At least they got someone wearing a white coat to read a statement about how he was the healthiest president ever and was exactly 1 inch taller than everyone thought so that he wouldn't be classed as obese.

My mistake. I thought that one was done before he become president.

Are there any proper ones since ? Or penciled in?

Who would be privy to any reputable medical reports?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

amandstu wrote: »
    My mistake. I thought that one was done before he become president.

Are there any proper ones since ? Or penciled in?

Who would be privy to any reputable medical reports?

They will do another one again in January. Will presumably just be a copy and paste of the report that Trump gave them to read out last time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Umm Mods, is there something up with the boards system? My computer is showing extra pages on this thread beyond the present one of 605, They are 606, 607 and 615, with the LAST page box beyond them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Re Don, it's pointless the public taking anything he say's seriously, better to ignore him and not give him the soapbox. There are people in the W/House and GOP paid to worry about his antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

aloyisious wrote: »
    Umm Mods, is there something up with the boards system? My computer is showing extra pages on this thread beyond the present one of 605, They are 606, 607 and 615, with the LAST page box beyond them again.

that's the fake news section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They are messing with the servers and such today so expect weirdness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Saw that myself and thought the thread was going wild because something mental was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I'm seeing similar

The powers that be are having words with the hamsters as we speak and they are trying to get their wheel fixed asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

robinph wrote: »
    They will do another one again in January. Will presumably just be a copy and paste of the report that Trump gave them to read out last time though.
    Realistically what happens is that the doctor will say what the president wants him to say, or he can go find a new job.

Congress should be permitted/required to nominate an independent medical professional for the yearly medicals. The WH doctor is usually a member of the military so they're incapable of independent/honest analysis. The whole medical thing is little more than a dog and pony show for the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There are people in the W/House and GOP paid to worry about his antics.

If Trump hadn't spent $200m deploying troops to the border and bringing them back purely as an election fearmongering tactic, maybe they could have afforded a few more people to worry about (or preferably stop) his antics.

While they probably have and do curtail some of Trump's plans and impulses, they are not doing a good enough job at it and the GOP Senate in particular let him get away with far too much. While I agree Trump shouldn't be given a soapbox (and how the media report on him absolutely plays into letting him use them as a soapbox), Trump should absolutely be called out for every mistake and lie he makes until such time as the bad stops outweighing the good.

I have been getting errors too. A (someone else's) new post will sometimes not show up even though I refresh the page.

Also this morning the server was down (but that may just have been on the phone as it worked on the pc)

edit:oh I see there seems to be work ongoing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A certain poster who was removed earlier must be exacting his revenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Anyone heard the words 'invasion' or "caravan' from T since the midterms? He wasn't spreading fake news was he?

Do his base not feel a bit hard done by when they are so cynically manipulated?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Not at all.

They don't feel cynically manipulated because they don't hear of the alternate view. They listen exclusively to those that support their view of the president.

(It's the same on the other side to some degree to be fair)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Anyone heard the words 'invasion' or "caravan' from T since the midterms? He wasn't spreading fake news was he?

Tucker Carlson did a show on it last night. It was painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The troops are leaving the border just as the caravan arrives. But...ISIS...M13...monkey-pox...iguanas with switchblades.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

They are messing with the servers and such today so expect weirdness.

Ah, the Pi will now get an 8 gig SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Having the same issue here. Something appears to be gone belly up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Every time i click next page, i go back to the current page. I did this about 2/3 times before i realized i was re-reading the same posts...i thought it was groundhog day!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Hazys wrote: »
    Every time i click next page, i go back to the current page. I did this about 2/3 times before i realized i was re-reading the same posts...i thought it was groundhog day!
    The front page is showing almost 300 posts more than the thread is actually showing. This is happening all over boards and seems to be with threads with greater than 5000 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,170 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Two of the mods have confessed to feeding the hamsters sherry trifle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Can't unfollow this thread so phone going mad with email alerts!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement