Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
10-10-2018, 18:13   #976
Hilly Bill
Registered User
 
Hilly Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Working class heroes View Post
Well if that what you think would work best I’ll leave it with you.
Typical union “someone else’s fault attitude “ pathetic really.
Are you serious? 😀 😂
Hilly Bill is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-10-2018, 18:13   #977
devnull
Moderator
 
devnull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,267
No speculation of peoples identities - it's against the charter and those who do not comply will be sanctioned

- Moderator
devnull is offline  
Thanks from:
10-10-2018, 18:55   #978
monument
Moderator
 
monument's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 13,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
No speculation of peoples identities - it's against the charter and those who do not comply will be sanctioned

- Moderator
Thread cleaned up -- to add to the above: lads, this thread isn't for one-on-one discussion.

-- moderator
monument is offline  
Thanks from:
10-10-2018, 22:13   #979
Jamie2k9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Working class heroes View Post
That is not my experience.
What would you have to complain for

When it comes to complaint around capacity (or lack of it...) they roll out the same response and while they do monitor it there overall response is insufficient but a lot better than before. From time to time the NTA can and have forced there hand and cost them a small fortune until they were able to produce the correct capacity.

Last edited by Jamie2k9; 10-10-2018 at 22:18.
Jamie2k9 is online now  
10-10-2018, 22:35   #980
Working class heroes
Registered User
 
Working class heroes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
What would you have to complain for

When it comes to complaint around capacity (or lack of it...) they roll out the same response and while they do monitor it there overall response is insufficient but a lot better than before. From time to time the NTA can and have forced there hand and cost them a small fortune until they were able to produce the correct capacity.
Sorry I probably wasn’t clear.
I’ve seen complaints been investigated at a district office level and from what I have seen they are competent enough. Most of the complaints they deal with come from customer service although they do get some directly.
If most of the recent complaints are similar then I suppose the answers are going to be similar as well.
Now I’m not saying that all district offices would be that efficient...
Working class heroes is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-10-2018, 19:03   #981
gimli2112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,744
Announcement in Pearse @ 16:50 to expect delays due to the severe weather. Severe Weather where, Florida?
There were no delays, I expect they were just covering bases.
gimli2112 is offline  
12-10-2018, 19:32   #982
Working class heroes
Registered User
 
Working class heroes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimli2112 View Post
Announcement in Pearse @ 16:50 to expect delays due to the severe weather. Severe Weather where, Florida?
There were no delays, I expect they were just covering bases.
You might be on to something there....
Working class heroes is offline  
Thanks from:
12-10-2018, 20:03   #983
Jamie2k9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,918
Its been played every 15-20m all day.

Second evening of DART cancellations due to “operational reasons” as well.
Jamie2k9 is online now  
Thanks from:
12-10-2018, 20:57   #984
Hilly Bill
Registered User
 
Hilly Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
Its been played every 15-20m all day.

Second evening of DART cancellations due to “operational reasons” as well.
The lads over the dart haven't a clue to be honest and are making a mockery of the company. I've just seen one dart going north with bray as its destination and on the other platform a dart going south with Howth as its destination.
Hilly Bill is offline  
Advertisement
13-10-2018, 00:59   #985
Working class heroes
Registered User
 
Working class heroes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly Bill View Post
The lads over the dart haven't a clue to be honest and are making a mockery of the company. I've just seen one dart going north with bray as its destination and on the other platform a dart going south with Howth as its destination.
Would that not be up to the driver to adjust the displays?. Genuine question.
Working class heroes is offline  
13-10-2018, 01:01   #986
Working class heroes
Registered User
 
Working class heroes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
Its been played every 15-20m all day.

Second evening of DART cancellations due to “operational reasons” as well.
Yep, seems to be turning into th norm now.
Working class heroes is offline  
13-10-2018, 09:30   #987
BlondeBomb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasj View Post
Irish rail said on twitter this morning that they are trialling having the 06.20 Maynooth pearse terminate in Connolly for a week .

Not going down too well so far with the response
Seems to be a permanent change now. Train will now terminate at Connolly.
BlondeBomb is offline  
Thanks from:
13-10-2018, 09:32   #988
naughtb4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeBomb View Post
Seems to be a permanent change now. Train will now terminate at Connolly.
"Due to operational issues and unrealistic timetable, we will now be further inconveniencing passengers and paying customers"
naughtb4 is offline  
13-10-2018, 09:41   #989
Hilly Bill
Registered User
 
Hilly Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Working class heroes View Post
Would that not be up to the driver to adjust the displays?. Genuine question.
Of course.
Hilly Bill is offline  
13-10-2018, 09:42   #990
Hilly Bill
Registered User
 
Hilly Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Working class heroes View Post
Yep, seems to be turning into th norm now.
Lack of Dart drivers.
Hilly Bill is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet