Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail September Timetable Changes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Surely there will be space at Connolly? I appreciate that trying to shove on at Killester is difficult (though they are like 20 minutes by bike from central Dublin so whatevs) but is there no space at Connolly?

Yes sadly, there are enough people that are staying on the DART at Connolly coupled with the Northern line folk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

So the long and the short of it is that Irish Rail need some new trains.

So the long and the short of it is that Irish Rail need some new trains.

Yep, exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Diesel out of service just stopped in Pearse at 16:50, No movement no announcement, well there was something on the tannoy which was unintelligible, they may as well play whale sounds. It moved after 20 minutes was 1/2 hour delay all told.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Diesel out of service just stopped in Pearse at 16:50, No movement no announcement, well there was something on the tannoy which was unintelligible, they may as well play whale sounds. It moved after 20 minutes was 1/2 hour delay all told.

Out of service set for the Hazelhatch service had a brake problem and couldnt move till it was sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

thomasj wrote: »
    Irish rail said on twitter this morning that they are trialling having the 06.20 Maynooth pearse terminate in Connolly for a week .

Not going down too well so far with the response
    I read that. But by the sounds of it they never told passengers, either on train, in stations or via displays. Instead it took 2 days of customer tweets before tbey admitted what they were doing. It kind of sums of how bad communication to customers is. Or am I being too negative?
    It's certainly very poor on Northern Suburban line...

No you're not being too negative, you're right it's completely bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

People should be sending all their complaints to Chris Rafferty in Irish rail.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Over the past week I've seen anywhere between 14-18 DART carriages parked up at peak times at Fairview depot and that excludes anything that is being hidden inside so it's not unreasonable to suggest that there might be up to almost 15% of the fleet out of service at peak times.

Do they have enough engineering staff to deal with maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Rashers72 wrote: »
    I read that. But by the sounds of it they never told passengers, either on train, in stations or via displays. Instead it took 2 days of customer tweets before tbey admitted what they were doing. It kind of sums of how bad communication to customers is. Or am I being too negative?

you are not being one bit negative. terminating the trains at connolly without informing anyone until people tweated in their droves is absolutely inexcusible and unacceptible. the question now is what the NTA will do about it. nothing as per most likely.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

People should be sending all their complaints to Chris Rafferty in Irish rail.

Why?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

you are not being one bit negative. terminating the trains at connolly without informing anyone until people tweated in their droves is absolutely inexcusible and unacceptible. the question now is what the NTA will do about it. nothing as per most likely.

The NTA? How about the staff make announcement s.
    You know, do their job that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Why?

District Manager of DART.

The NTA? How about the staff make announcement s.
    You know, do their job that sort of thing.

agreed, but they didn't. so therefore the regulator should regulate like we're paying them to do.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    District Manager of DART.

I now who it is.
    Complaints should be sent to customer service, not an individual.
    If a staff member(no matter who it is) receives a complaint he/she passes it on to customer service for investigation.

I suspect someone name checking individuals within Irish Rail May have some kind of gripe.

agreed, but they didn't. so therefore the regulator should regulate like we're paying them to do.

Stop talking nonsense for once will ya.
    The NTA are not at fault for lack of announcements, the staff are.

The reason those announcements needed to be made in the first place may/may not have something to do with the NTA but they can hardly make announcements now, can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

But the NTA are the regulator and the contract has a passenger information clause in it

But the NTA are the regulator and the contract has a passenger information clause in it

Yep, aware of that. But the NTA can’t physically make those announcements now, can they?
    They will advise Irish Rail of their obligations as per the passenger information clause and can issue fines(I assume) if Irish Rail don’t meet those obligations.
    But this obligations (in this case customer announcements) is carried out be the staff and if it’s not done it falls on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Yep, aware of that. But the NTA can’t physically make those announcements now, can they?

no, but they can financially penalise them for not making them if it's not being dealt with

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Happy low rail adhesion day everybody!

Tis the season.

• Advertisement

no, but they can financially penalise them for not making them if it's not being dealt with

Agree. I alluded to that in the rest of that post.

Tis the season.

Ah leaf it out will ya:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Deviso

Very bad this morning on the DART. Going from Clontarf to Connolly we stopped and started about 3 times. There was 10 minutes add to my usual Journey from Clongriffin to Tara Street.

Tis the season.

We're on a slippery slope now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I now who it is.
    Complaints should be sent to customer service, not an individual.
    If a staff member(no matter who it is) receives a complaint he/she passes it on to customer service for investigation.

I suspect someone name checking individuals within Irish Rail May have some kind of gripe.

I agree but going via customer service at times is pointless, most queries probably never reach District level and unless they do little changes. The customer service team will even acknowledge it at times because if they get the same complaint they don’t pass it on because the answer doesn't change.

The NTA are not at fault for lack of announcements, the staff are.

i never said otherwise.
    The reason those announcements needed to be made in the first place may/may not have something to do with the NTA but they can hardly make announcements now, can they?

the NTA can follow up and insure they make announcements going forward, and if IE doesn't, penalise them.

i never said otherwise.

the NTA can follow up and insure they make announcements going forward, and if IE doesn't, penalise them.

And do you accept that individual staff members are solely at fault for not making announcements?

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    I agree but going via customer service at times is pointless, most queries probably never reach District level and unless they do little changes. The customer service team will even acknowledge it at times because if they get the same complaint they don’t pass it on because the answer doesn't change.

That is not my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

thomasj wrote: »
    We're on a slippery slope now!

Is that on the branch line? 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Rashers72 wrote: »

They didn't tell the staff on the ground either.

Advertisement