Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

PTH2009 wrote: »
    got 6 cans of Carlsberg in the offy for €10 and noticed there 5%, heard of Heineken been 5% but never Carlsberg

Thats 3 different strengths available 3.8%,4.3% (which is the norm) and 5%

5% is normal outside of this oddity of a market where 4.3% is king, and the UK where it is even weaker.

It could be imported from a non approved distributor, or if it was red cans I think they were some soccer related thing for man u or liverpool. They were on sale at high prices but might have to off load them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Yes you are better off to run off 2 seperate cards, that cuts down the take to 50% per card and means more vouchers per card than if you just used 1 as they want to encourage low spenders to spend more, you will still get the same overall points :pac:

Thanks a million for tip off. Wondered why I got very little vouchers. It's like the dual pricing in insurance- loyalty means very little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Where’s the best place to buy vanilla vodka? Any good Dealz on it and also creme de cacao white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Absolut do a vanilla vodka. Try Dunnes or Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Vanilla Vodka, what a time to be alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Quackster wrote: »
    These offers will be no more from next January so make the most of them now!

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,124 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

?

New government rules from mid January.
    Won't be able to get or spend loyalty discounts related to alcohol sales.
    Won't be able to use spend X save Y vouchers for them.
    I think multi-buy deals on alcohol may also be gone eg buy 6 for 50 but could be wrong on that.

Don't want to take thread off topic with my thoughts on that, the takeaway is stock up now on these kind of bargains, you may not see them again.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭you2008

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I think multi-buy deals on alcohol may also be gone eg buy 6 for 50 but could be wrong on that.

Don't want to take thread off topic with my thoughts on that, the takeaway is stock up now on these kind of bargains, you may not see them again.

LOL this is not going to work for Ireland, same as water charge :D

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Not sure if the use of spend & save vouchers will be no more as they don't seem to be covered in the legislation but multi-bottle wine offers like six for €40 or €50 will definitely be banned from 11th January next.

As you say, stock up now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

As you say, stock up now!

Yes and with the Guinness cans now the same physical size as normal 500ml cans it's much easier to stack them with other cans when building a wall of beer, no need to have single rows of Guinness crates in your stockpile, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,880 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Which offie in Waterford?

Reddys in Ballybricken

Not sure if the use of spend & save vouchers will be no more as they don't seem to be covered in the legislation but multi-bottle wine offers like six for €40 or €50 will definitely be banned from 11th January next.

I also did not think the 10 off 50 vouchers were included but its a bit vague, it could be a "similar benefit"
    the award, whether directly or indirectly, of bonus points, loyalty card points, or any similar benefit,
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2020/si/4/made/en/print

They can certainly still have deals, like a pick & mix of 6 bottles for €40, as long as those bottles are not available for sale individually. There could be other ways around it, like if the bottle was the same wine but a different barcode is it legally a different bottle? They could overlabel bottles themselves to do this -though it would look bad in the press.

Guinness are allowed to list their alcohol as 4.1% even if its the regular 4.2% (as there is an allowable tolerance), so that would be a different product.

Discounted prices must last for 3+ days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

ablelocks wrote: »
    heineken 8 x 500ml cans €10 in Aldi

Picked up a pack today. Excellent value compared to €14 usually in SV.
    Actually, slabs of beer out in SV;
    Heineken €28
    Guinness €28
    Carlsberg €25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

So people expect that there will be better deals next week before BHW.

Especially looking at Guinness cans preferably 500 ml

rubadub wrote: »
    I also did not think the 10 off 50 vouchers were included but its a bit vague, it could be a "similar benefit"

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2020/si/4/made/en/print

They can certainly still have deals, like a pick & mix of 6 bottles for €40, as long as those bottles are not available for sale individually. There could be other ways around it, like if the bottle was the same wine but a different barcode is it legally a different bottle? They could overlabel bottles themselves to do this -though it would look bad in the press.

Guinness are allowed to list their alcohol as 4.1% even if its the regular 4.2% (as there is an allowable tolerance), so that would be a different product.

Discounted prices must last for 3+ days.
    Yeah, there are definitely legal workarounds but I don't think the major supermarkets will do anything that goes against the spirit of the legislation for fear of the bad press.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

cadaliac wrote: »
    Picked up a pack today. Excellent value compared to €14 usually in SV.
    Actually, slabs of beer out in SV;
    Heineken €28
    Guinness €28
    Carlsberg €25

Are the slabs currently these prices in SuperValu ? Can't see it on their website. Presume (hope!) the Guinness cans are 500ml too ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Seve OB wrote: »
    i've found the more you spend with them...... they don't bother to send you any of these vouchers.

I spend a lot less nowadays in Tesco and 2 days ago got 6 vouchers in the post, each for €12 off a €60 shop, one a week for the next 6 weeks.
    Will use for booze only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

12 cans of carlsberg €15 in Aldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Tesco today - 8 pack of Hop House 13 tins for €6!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

ablelocks wrote: »
    12 cans of carlsberg €15 in Aldi

8 for €10 in Lidl.. Coors lights also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Dunnes.. 1 litre captain Morgan now €23

cathalj wrote: »
    Are the slabs currently these prices in SuperValu ? Can't see it on their website. Presume (hope!) the Guinness cans are 500ml too ?

Yea, in there today, I didn’t examine the Ml of the Guinness cans, sorry, assuming are 500ml each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Not sure if already mentioned but 4x660ml bottles of Peroni in tesco for a tenner.

Tanqueray 10 in Dunnes reduced to ~€40.

Good price for a good gin with a voucher, not so much without.
    Method & Madness gin is €35 in Dunnes at the moment which is an excellent price, especially if you have a voucher too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭FDave

Method & Madness gin is €35 in Dunnes at the moment which is an excellent price, especially if you have a voucher too.

Good price, time to give it a try i think.

Hendricks and Gunpowder €35 in tesco. I picked up the last Gunpowder in Bettystown earlier.
    Baileys was €13 i think, cheapest iv seen it in a while but not on the website so mightnt be store wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

i see Lidl are planning a bank holiday special ( from 22 0ct ) Bud/Carling slabs 25e each

go4it wrote: »
    i see Lidl are planning a bank holiday special ( from 22 0ct ) Bud/Carling slabs 25e each

Already in SV at that price

Smirnoff vodka 1L €23 in Dunnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

cathalj wrote: »

Guinness not on offer in my SV, only offer on Guinness they had was 4 for €8. I didn’t see any slabs on offer, maybe store specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

amber2 wrote: »
    Guinness not on offer in my SV, only offer on Guinness they had was 4 for €8. I didn’t see any slabs on offer, maybe store specific.

They have them in Killiney and cans are 470ml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Aldi have 18x 500ml cans of Hop House for 26.59.
    Burp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

go4it wrote: »
    carlberg already there for 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

amber2 wrote: »

Saw them in SV Finglas this evening. They had a full pallet of them. €28 and they are the 470ml cans.

Aldi have 18x 500ml cans of Hop House for 26.59.
    Burp!

Cheaper in Tesco at €6 for 8 500ml cans! Thats €18 for 24 cans!

Hey vicwatson,

Ur inbox is full.

The Smirnoff IL @ €23. I saw in the store today. Dunnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

fin12 wrote: »
    Hey vicwatson,

Ur inbox is full.

The Smirnoff IL @ €23. I saw in the store today. Dunnes.

All good now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How do people feel about buying alcohol only in the supermarket trolley, this afternoon only for the mask I was feeling like Fred West going through B&Q with patio slabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Cheaper in Tesco at €6 for 8 500ml cans! Thats €18 for 24 cans!

Which tesco?

Powers Gold Label (1 Litre) €26.56

any good? ( never had it before)

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-irish-whiskey-powers-gold-label-1-litre-/p-1018760000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,124 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

you2008 wrote: »

Yes, one to be drunk on its own, just a drop of water or perhaps ina hot whiskey. Not a whiskey for mixing or over ice imo.
    Quality blended Irish whiskey, more pot still in the mix than e.g. Jameson.

Go for it though you'll have to wait until 1230 today (Sunday).

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Yes, one to be drunk on its own, just a drop of water or perhaps ina hot whiskey. Not a whiskey for mixing or over ice imo.

sure, thanks will give a go.. with SV 5€ off 35€ voucher, hope 21€ per L is not too bad :D

Which tesco?

I got them in Ballyfermot

Good luck with sourcing them! Tried three Supervalu's before I could get some yesterday. They advertised them on Friday but none of my three locals had them in stock. Finally got some in Crumlin yesterday evening but they only had a few bottles. Love the new branding, very retro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭blindsider

How do people feel about buying alcohol only in the supermarket trolley, this afternoon only for the mask I was feeling like Fred West going through B&Q with patio slabs.

You're doing it all wrong:

White wine
    Red wine
    Slabs
    Crisps
    Nuts
    Steak
    Chips
    Chocolate ice cream
    Brandy
    Paracetamol

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Yellow Dog wrote: »

Not a new thing at all. A Seedlip one has been doing the influencer round for years.

Tesco
    smirnoff/morgans/captains 1L €25
    valid from 18/10/2020 until 21/10/2020

very short run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Says 500mill on the label,they are in fact only 470.

24 of these is a better deal.

CDC and Smirnoff both €23

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement