Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 189 - McGregor v Mendes *READ MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I assume he ment the amount of accurate punches thrown where as mendes just hits big powerful shots.

No he said Mendes is the hardest hitter in the division.

Next sentence he says conor hits as hard.

It makes no sense let alone the overwhelming opponents comment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 welchywelch

JustTheOne wrote:
    No he said Mendes is the hardest hitter in the division.

JustTheOne wrote:
    Next sentence he says conor hits as hard.

JustTheOne wrote:
    It makes no sense let alone the overwhelming opponents comment.

Ok, didn't see the "as" thought he just said Connor hits hard. Previous threads were locked for this kind of bickering so lets not have this happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Ok, didn't see the "as" thought he just said Connor hits hard. Previous threads were locked for this kind of bickering so lets not have this happen again.

I'm not bickering just giving my opinion about something someone quoted which makes no sense which usually is the cause of threads been locked.

Anyway we'll leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I have been a fan of Aldo but some of the stuff coming out of that camp in the last few weeks has been shady

http://severemma.com/2015/07/drug-free-sport-release-statement-on-jose-aldos-drug-test-debacle/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,023 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I said it at the time that a team/fighter with nothing to hide wouldn't act the way Andre Pederneiras did. He's incredibly stupid when it comes to the media. But he could be running a dodgy shop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Conor playing a blinder on Conan yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Df0sN5fFvI
    Edit: weird it seems the video isnt working :/ Was there a second ago.
    Embedded number three.

I have always liked Mendes. He seems like a very down to earth kind of guy and I like his fighting style and is a true warrior. I hope Conor wins but to be honest with this fight as long as the fight is a good/entertaining fight I wouldn't be heartbroken if Mendes won either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Holy sh*t lads it's going to be a close one... Both very capable fighters and will be good watching!

C'mon McGregor....

Someone posted a link on one of the previous threads with a link to BT doing a special offer, 5euros for the night I think? If anyone could throw up the link again that'd be sound. Don't fancy paying 42 quid for this.

• Advertisement

Someone posted a video on one of the previous threads with a link to BT doing a special offer, 5euros for the night I think? If anyone could throw up the link again that'd be sound. Don't fancy paying 42 quid for this.

42 quid? It's like 17 or something on the UFC website :confused:

42 quid? It's like 17 or something on the UFC website

It's 21:99 per month and minimum sub is 2 months. I haven't a big enough monitor to watch it on the PC so I need BT sports.

It's 21:99 per month and minimum sub is 2 months. I haven't a big enough monitor to watch it on the PC so I need BT sports.

Do you have an xbox hooked up to tv at all or anything? If so you can use the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Do you have an xbox hooked up to tv at all or anything? If so you can use the app.

My LG tv updated itself two days ago and I now have a UFC app on my TV.

cronin_j wrote: »
    My LG tv updated itself two days ago and I now have a UFC app on my TV.

Isn't the fight like 17.99 on the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Isn't the fight like 17.99 on the app?

Yeah! Bang on. If you sign up for the free trial of fight pass doesn't that also give you the fight?

Yeah! Bang on.

Does anyone know if the HD is 1080 or 720? This is the first time I'll pay for a fight because I had BT before and was using dodgy streams after that for years. Don't want to risk this fight crapping out on me due to a dodgy stream :o I'll buy the fight in HD for sure, I can see it being money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Yeah! Bang on. If you sign up for the free trial of fight pass doesn't that also give you the fight?

no

fightpass just gives you the fightpass prelims

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm slowly getting excited about this fight now. Embedded doing a good job of that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Someone posted a link on one of the previous threads with a link to BT doing a special offer, 5euros for the night I think? If anyone could throw up the link again that'd be sound. Don't fancy paying 42 quid for this.

Go to setanta: http://www.setanta.com/ie/subscribe-flat/index.html

Enter Promo code: five

It seems to be working for some and not for others. Seemed to work for me there as I tried it.
    Try it and see if it works before purchase so nothing to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Nothing we haven't seen before, but great little promo vid by the UFC. That interview Conor did in 2008 has turned out to be gold. You can't fault his self-belief and work ethic, incredible really the amount of work he's put in to get where he is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Looks so young in that.......he's definitely grown into himself as they say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

has anybody got a link to the 3rd episode of the embedded series?

Its up on mmafighting.com but its set to private so unwatchable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Fuk me how could you not love McGregor.......

C'mon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

it's not on ufc or the ufc youtube channel so I dunno what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

4th July in America so probably get none today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

CatFromHue wrote: »
    it's not on ufc or the ufc youtube channel so I dunno what's going on.

I seen it earlier on a website calledbloodyelbow.com. google embedded ep3 and ya should get it. on the phone now so cant link.

although now that i think of it the ep was a bit wierd.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/25/8287441/ufc-189-world-championship-tour-embedded-episode-3-conor-mcgregor-news

nc19 wrote: »
    Looks so young in that.......he's definitely grown into himself as they say

Yeah, thought he was the image of the father in that conan interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Old Perry wrote: »
    I seen it earlier on a website calledbloodyelbow.com. google embedded ep3 and ya should get it. on the phone now so cant link.

although now that i think of it the ep was a bit wierd.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/25/8287441/ufc-189-world-championship-tour-embedded-episode-3-conor-mcgregor-news

That's the embedded series from the world tour. Article starts with Aldo still fighting a d it says 25th of March on the article.

• Advertisement

That's the embedded series from the world tour. Article starts with Aldo still fighting a d it says 25th of March on the article.

Ah fair nuff. Thanks

Advertisement