Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

jetbluue wrote: »
    hi all
    im in the process of snagging in royal canal park. the kitchen splashback is a different colour to that in the showhouse. did anyone else have this issue and were you able to get it resolved?
    thanks

How different is the colour?

The kitchen company actually have to come and replace my kitchen backsplash about a year after I moved in. Due to Quality reasons. This may be why yours is a different colour, the one they replaced mine with was a very similar colour though. Not exactly the same, but I'd rather have the higher quality version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jetbluue

hi cronos
    the showhouse has dark grey and is made of perspex(plastic) which is why they had to be replaced in earlier phases.
    in mine the splashback is a lime green colour and made of glass. combined with the lime green cabinets the kitchen looks very different

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jasonelse

Hello guys, I was able to book one of the houses in the final release. Now I'm at the stage to sign the contract.
    I have a question about the map which provided by the builder. So in the sitemap they didn't mark the parking space in red, which only the house and backyard be marked. Is the same applies to your guys? Should we worry about it? Just wondering why they didn't mark the parking spot which in front of the door. It should be private parking, not the public right?
    I have passed the query to my solicitor, If anyone has the information about it from the builder, Much appreciate if you can share it. Thanks in advance!

hi cronos
    the showhouse has dark grey and is made of perspex(plastic) which is why they had to be replaced in earlier phases.
    in mine the splashback is a lime green colour and made of glass. combined with the lime green cabinets the kitchen looks very different

I'd sware the one they replaced mine with is a kind of lime green. If you want to post a picture I can confirm it for you when I get home.

cronos wrote: »
    I'd sware the one they replaced mine with is a kind of lime green. If you want to post a picture I can confirm it for you when I get home.

yeh it sounds like your replacement is whats fitted in latest releases. did they ask you beforehand if ya wanted a particular colour or anything?

yeh it sounds like your replacement is whats fitted in latest releases. did they ask you beforehand if ya wanted a particular colour or anything?

No. Just came and did it. Personally, I didn't find it too different, to be honest. But that's obviously subjective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

hi all
    im in the process of snagging in royal canal park. the kitchen splashback is a different colour to that in the showhouse. did anyone else have this issue and were you able to get it resolved?
    thanks

Lots of things have changed across phases and even across houses in the same phase.
    One of the downsides of buying off plans and signing a contract where every little detail is not confirmed.

If i recall the contract even specifies that details can change.

The show house is just an example that is broadly similar in layout and finish but details can and do vary.
    Kitchens in particular have varied a lot.
    If there is nothing technically wrong with the splashback and it doesnt look out of place, id accept it and move on. the hassle to get it change is simply not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Has anyone gone about replacing the shower heads with the normal ones that you can hold in your hand or clip onto a bar?

Would love to switch out one but not sure where to start.

Also adding a shower head to the bath. Even a rubber one that fits over the rectanglar tap, but long term a proper permanent one.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Lots of things have changed across phases and even across houses in the same phase.
    One of the downsides of buying off plans and signing a contract where every little detail is not confirmed.

If i recall the contract even specifies that details can change.

The show house is just an example that is broadly similar in layout and finish but details can and do vary.
    Kitchens in particular have varied a lot.
    If there is nothing technically wrong with the splashback and it doesnt look out of place, id accept it and move on. the hassle to get it change is simply not worth it.

thats a fair point and i know some finishes cant be exactly as per showhouse. the kitchen is a main feature and they could easily have replaced a grey plastic splashback with a grey glass splashback. maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Has anyone gone about replacing the shower heads with the normal ones that you can hold in your hand or clip onto a bar?

Would love to switch out one but not sure where to start.

Also adding a shower head to the bath. Even a rubber one that fits over the rectanglar tap, but long term a proper permanent one.

Hi,

We got the on site plumbers to do this when we were at snagging stage a few weeks ago. I wanted hand showers in all bathrooms and the bath for cleaning purposes. However I adjusted my expectations when I saw the price!!! We got new fittings in the 2 en suites that didnt require drilling through tiles. They cost 340 euro each plus 80 euro each for putting them in. Nothing they could do on the bath tap apparently without drilling through the wall from the shower. Now Im not sure I believe that but I didnt pursue it as I had spent enough on the other too. I was planning on buying one of those rubber hoses for bath taps on Amazon but it looks a bit tricky given the square shape of the tap. If you have any luck let me know!

Hi folks,

It's DIY Sunday! Or at least thinking about DIY! I want to attach a utensil rail onto the glass splashback in the kitchen. Has anyone tried drilling one of the Ikea type ones in or is that a very bad idea?

Alternatively I might get an adhesive one but good ones are hard to find.

Thanks

Forumsie wrote: »
    Hi folks,

It's DIY Sunday! Or at least thinking about DIY! I want to attach a utensil rail onto the glass splashback in the kitchen. Has anyone tried drilling one of the Ikea type ones in or is that a very bad idea?

Alternatively I might get an adhesive one but good ones are hard to find.

Thanks

It's tempered glass, its extremely likely it will shatter if drilled.

Adhesive it is so! I suspected as much, thanks Fredwimp

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Jasonelse wrote: »
    Hello guys, I was able to book one of the houses in the final release. Now I'm at the stage to sign the contract.
    I have a question about the map which provided by the builder. So in the sitemap they didn't mark the parking space in red, which only the house and backyard be marked. Is the same applies to your guys? Should we worry about it? Just wondering why they didn't mark the parking spot which in front of the door. It should be private parking, not the public right?
    I have passed the query to my solicitor, If anyone has the information about it from the builder, Much appreciate if you can share it. Thanks in advance!

You don't own the parking space, it's leasehold. You do have exclusive rights to use it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Keithchap wrote: »
    You don't own the parking space, it's leasehold. You do have exclusive rights to use it though.

Oh really. Annual charge?
    Sorry I'm just being nosey, the brother put a deposit down on a Heron a few weeks back, I assumed the two spaces were part of the plot :confused:

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    Oh really. Annual charge?
    Sorry I'm just being nosey, the brother put a deposit down on a Heron a few weeks back, I assumed the two spaces were part of the plot :confused:

One space is standard. If he has two he likely paid an extra 10k for the privilege. So buy him a nice housewarming gift!

The annual management charge I think is the same if you have one or two spaces. It covers bins, gym membership and upkeep of the flower beds (and drainage system) in the driveway. That's why the driveways are leased, to ensure you cant pave over your flower bed and potentially disrupt the drainage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

One space is standard. If he has two he likely paid an extra 10k for the privilege. So buy him a nice housewarming gift!

The annual management charge I think is the same if you have one or two spaces. It covers bins, gym membership and upkeep of the flower beds (and drainage system) in the driveway. That's why the driveways are leased, to ensure you cant pave over your flower bed and potentially disrupt the drainage

Well I'm just looking at the plan on the website, every second house plus the ends of the terrace have 2 spaces, also eh yeah, they don't come cheap :eek:

Ah I'm sure he's aware of the charges, at least if he's not, his better half will definitely have studied the documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭airportgirl83

Does that not bother you that you don't own the front of your property - that it's leasehold?

How long is the lease for?

We put down a deposit on the Heron which we both really like. My partner doesn't mind it, however, I'm not sure if I like the fact that I'm paying way over 400k and still don't own my parking spaces.

Also what happens if you want to sell the house? Can you sell the leasehold along with the rest of the house?

I'm just curious what people think....

Does that not bother you that you don't own the front of your property - that it's lease hold?

How long is the lease hold for?

We put down a deposit on the Heron which we both really like. However, I'm not sure if I like the fact that I'm paying close to half million Euros and still not own my parking spaces.

Also what happens when you want to sell the house? Can you sell the leasehold along with the rest of the house?

I'm just curious what people think....

I don't have the details to hand but it's just a means of construction to ensure they cant be used for anything else or modified which I think is a good thing. Most apartment sale contracts are constructed this way too.

No one else can use them as it's only leased to you and cant ve separated from the house (I think, get your solicitor to check) so in practical terms it makes no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭airportgirl83

I like the fact that all drives look similar. In my opinion it's very eye pleasing, neat.

• Advertisement

I like the fact that all drives look similar. In my opinion it's very eye pleasing, neat.

Pretty much this.

The planting, maintained by the management company, also helps. It makes the estate look considerably nicer and softer than similar estates. I think it's particularly important to have greenery in a densely built area.

I also love never having to think or worry about my front garden. In two years of living here the leasehold vs owned status of the garden has never entered my thoughts, though i remember looking into its status when we were at contract stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

A2W Heat Pump servicing

I have cut out all references to companies and people, please see the Residents Forum on Facebook for company details. if you're not on that please join to get the details.

We were looking into an alternate supplier for the servicing of our A2W heat pumps which all houses in the development had supplied and fitted by Joule. The company that Joule give the details out for servicing are called </companyA>, it’s not that Joule are recommending them as they are legally not allowed to do so, it is just that </companyA> are familiar with their systems. I contacted </companyA> and they quoted me €190 for a service, that was the group rate. I know someone in a previous phase that paid them €160. We shopped around a little, contacting serveral other companies and got two quotes back that I am happy to pass on. Add VAT at +13%. Just call them if you want to book a service with them, they are expecting calls from residents from Royal Canal Park. All the companies I am referring to are F-Gas certified which satisfies the requirements of our warranty.

</CompanyB>
    They were the first to respond and have been quick to answer questions, they seem like a professional set up. Price of a basic service is €100+Vat. I also asked them about assessing our systems for efficiency and they said they could but for €50 extra. I asked the other company below, </CompanyC>, if they could also provide a basic service at a similar price point and they couldn’t. A few words from </CompanyB>:
    “We will do the service and are fully F-Gas approved. We do not include for any other works such as aftersales advice etc. You should contact the supplier as they and the installer have a responsibility for this.
    With regards to inspecting the systems for efficiency we can do this for an additional €50 plus vat per house, it should be unnecessary though if the installer, supplier and engineer did their jobs well.”

Booking instructions for </CompanyB>:

Please note, we will not enter a property where a minor is unsupervised by an over 18.
    We are very pet friendly but averse to angry pets.
    We propose a Friday and a Saturday during which we will complete 20 standard services per day.
    We propose Friday 16th and Saturday 17th November, once we have more than 40 we will add additional days.
    A service consists of cleaning strainers and filters, clearing drains/drip trays on outdoor units, inspection of error codes on controllers, clearing debris from outdoor units and generally checking condition and operation of heating and hot water.
    If units require further work we will identify and quote for such works. If warranty applies we will refer the client to the supplier/installer with a report.
    If instruction is required on operation of the unit or issues are known about a units functioning, please let us know at booking. (This requires a separate individual to address and will be billed extra.)
    I attach our F-Gas Certificate for your attention.
    From Wednesday 31st October at 10.am please call </aPerson> on </aNumber> to book whichever day suits. While most services take around 30 mins for the team, it will vary so it is difficult to be precise with a time.
    We always try to facilitate clients as closely as possible.

</CompanyC>
    Very responsive, good website. Standard rate is €200+VAT, Group rate for Royal Canal Park €150. I specifically asked about them inspecting our systems and making efficiency recommendations. I also asked if he could provide two price points like </CompanyB>. A few words from </CompanyC>:
    “We will be looking at your entire mechanical system and controls and should we spot anything incorrect or not functioning correctly we will letting the home owner know.
    We are not installers of heating and plumbing. We solely specialize in commission, service, repair and replace if need be in renewable heating systems.
    Currently we do warranty work for
    Glen dimplex
    Daikin
    Mitsubisihi
    Panasonic
    Thermia
    And service most other manufacturers of heat pumps.
    Your units would have been supplied through joule in Dublin and any further information we require for your systems we can access easily
    There is no basic service.
    We check over the entire system or we wouldn’t doing our job correctly.

To book just contact them via their website/Phone etc

That's very helpful Keithchap, thanks for taking the time to share.

Meanwhile in the new phase...and as a warning to those getting snags done, make sure your air to water system is actually turned on!!! We got keys a couple of weeks ago. We're not moved in yet so we didn't notice til an electrician mentioned it wasn't connected and we'd need to contact the plumber. We contacted the site office who said it's not a plumbing issue, it's something that Daikin need to do. Jason is now trying to contact Daikin to get it sorted. Hopefully it'll be done immediately as we're moving in and even though it's not that cold yet we don't fancy the idea of cold showers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Meanwhile in the new phase...and as a warning to those getting snags done, make sure your air to water system is actually turned on!!!

Surely that's one of the first things you would check when snagging, no? Turn thermostat - > check rads get hot. Check hot water.

slayerking wrote: »
    Surely that's one of the first things you would check when snagging, no? Turn thermostat - > check rads get hot. Check hot water.

Honestly I don't know, I would have assumed it worked same as I would assume the electricity worked. I thought snag lists were more about the finish. Actually it could be on there, there were 300 line items and I left it up to my other half to check it. But I also assumed (as I know nothing about air to water systems) that it would take a while to get going starting from zero rather than getting hot immediately like an electric heater as people have said on this forum that the radiators are never piping hot that they stay lukewarm all day. Also it would seem reasonable that Ballymore wouldn't have the system on and be paying the energy costs when no one was living there.

What's the lesson in this - assume nothing! Ask Ballymore at time of snagging if they've tested the system!

Takes a long time for the radiators to heat up. No reason not to check for hot water though.

Takes a long time for the radiators to heat up. No reason not to check for hot water though.

So the hot water should be instantaneous when the unit is turned on? Excuse my ignorance, I'm a child of the 80s, I'm still thinking in terms of waiting for the immersion to heat up! I haven't started reading the instructions yet as we were prioritising getting the floors done before we moved in

So the hot water should be instantaneous when the unit is turned on? Excuse my ignorance, I'm a child of the 80s, I'm still thinking in terms of waiting for the immersion to heat up! I haven't started reading the instructions yet as we were prioritising getting the floors done before we moved in

No, the water won't be instantaneous either. I was thinking of a test to see if the heating system is already on. If it's already on, then the water in the taps is always hot. But the radiators aren't always on. So checking the taps will just tell you if it's heating up anything and you don't have to sit beside the radiator for a couple of hours to feel if it's getting hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Hi from previous discussion the heating system will heat the water by 5 degrees an hour. So from zero to room temperature is 4 hours.

Turning the thermostat my rads clearly get warm within about 10-15 minutes. I'm talking cold to luke warm but it's very obvious, it was one of them first things I snagged. Hot water, just turn the tap, it's always hot.

• Advertisement

Turning the thermostat my rads clearly get warm within about 10-15 minutes. I'm talking cold to luke warm but it's very obvious, it was one of them first things I snagged. Hot water, just turn the tap, it's always hot.

Thanks everyone for the advice, clearly we should have checked at the time but live and learn eh! Hopefully it'll get resolved in the next couple of days. On the plus side, Ballymore are dealing with it, so at least that's something.

Thanks everyone for the advice, clearly we should have checked at the time but live and learn eh! Hopefully it'll get resolved in the next couple of days. On the plus side, Ballymore are dealing with it, so at least that's something.

In fairness, rest assured Ballymore are pretty good like that. You might need to hassle them but they will sort it out!

In fairness, rest assured Ballymore are pretty good like that. You might need to hassle them but they will sort it out!

Well folks, my heating is on and I have hot water! And I checked the snaglist and it was on there so like I said, live and learn, assume nothing!!!

Unfortunately I've just identified a new problem. Since the heat is on I noticed that the sitting room is much colder than the other rooms. Sure enough, there is a big draft from the window. I can practically see a gap. Has this happened anyone else? What are the window company like to deal with? Or do you think I can go back to Ballymore with this one as the house is so new?

I'm also noticing loads of cracks on the walls, I kind of expected it to take a few months before these settling cracks appeared. Sigh

Well folks, my heating is on and I have hot water! And I checked the snaglist and it was on there so like I said, live and learn, assume nothing!!!

Unfortunately I've just identified a new problem. Since the heat is on I noticed that the sitting room is much colder than the other rooms. Sure enough, there is a big draft from the window. I can practically see a gap. Has this happened anyone else? What are the window company like to deal with? Or do you think I can go back to Ballymore with this one as the house is so new?

I'm also noticing loads of cracks on the walls, I kind of expected it to take a few months before these settling cracks appeared. Sigh

Regards the heating, check the basics, is the radiator valve open, is the heating turned on all the time, which is recommended.
    Keithchap has an extremely useful post quite a few pages back about repressurizing the radiators, if it's low on pressure. If that post doesn't help, it's time to call joule.

Regarding the cracks, If anything looks really serious, i.e. You can fit your hand into it or the wall has a lean, call ballymore otherwise ignore them. House is new, it's experiencing both plaster shrinkage and settling and will continue to for at least 18 months, possibly more.

If you fix shrinkage and settling cracks early they will most likely show up again in a few months. So it's wasted effort.

After 18 months the house has hopefully settled so it may be worth filling them. A little pollyfilla, let it dry , then sand it and paint it.

The gap around the windows is settling also, standard allowance is up to 5mm in building regulations I believe, I don't have a reference for that though.
    Again, if it's not causing issue, ignore for 18 months and fix then. If it's causing you grief, get a tube of cauk and run it along the gap.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Regards the heating, check the basics, is the radiator valve open, is the heating turned on all the time, which is recommended.
    Keithchap has an extremely useful post quite a few pages back about repressurizing the radiators, if it's low on pressure. If that post doesn't help, it's time to call joule.

Regarding the cracks, If anything looks really serious, i.e. You can fit your hand into it or the wall has a lean, call ballymore otherwise ignore them. House is new, it's experiencing both plaster shrinkage and settling and will continue to for at least 18 months, possibly more.

If you fix shrinkage and settling cracks early they will most likely show up again in a few months. So it's wasted effort.

After 18 months the house has hopefully settled so it may be worth filling them. A little pollyfilla, let it dry , then sand it and paint it.

The gap around the windows is settling also, standard allowance is up to 5mm in building regulations I believe, I don't have a reference for that though.
    Again, if it's not causing issue, ignore for 18 months and fix then. If it's causing you grief, get a tube of cauk and run it along the gap.

Thanks Fredwimp, I definitely need to spend some time on the basics. The instructions in the welcome pack are rubbish, they're actually for a different display unit than is on each of my floors. They seem to be just set to a certain time rather than just being able to switch it on at a constant temperature which I want. I remember people talking about a comfort setting. But I think we have a different unit in this phase. It's in the utility room. I also checked the hotpress, there's nothing in it except 3 pipes saying ground floor, 1st floor, 2nd floor and the only option there is to switch them to either manual or automatic. I found a manual in the utility room but it seems to be about installing the system rather than using it. We'll be in full time next week so I might just try the internet/youtube. All I want is to turn it on constant to say 20degrees and leave it like that as I thought that was the purpose of the system. Haven't a clue about the hot water either but it's flowing from the taps so that's good enough for me for now. Would I be correct in assuming that I leave the big unit in the utility room alone and all calibration is to be done in the panels in the hall/bedrooms? Or is there something I can switch to constant in the utility room? After I get that going I'll revert to Keithchaps post about pressurisation etc

I'm not really concerned with the cracks, like you said I could fill them with polyfiller but I'll leave them for now.

The window however concerns me, I can actually feel a proper cold draft in the sitting room, it was too cold to sit in today (probably partially due to the heating not being on constant). It probably is less than or around 5mm of a gap but that seems way too big to leave as is. We were going to go back to Ballymore again on Monday and ask them to rehinge the window so it can close properly. There's no way this can still be an A2 BER with a draft like that after 3 weeks

We also got extra kitchen work done but it was done really badly and we paid plenty for that already so we'll have to chase the kitchen crew too. And the whole place is covered in building dust so I kind of have new house fatigue at this point! I think I foolishly assumed the house would be like the showhouse minus the furniture and floors and I thought I'd be spending this time picking out nice soft furnishings! Oh the innocence!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Loaf79

Hi All,

Some really useful stuff on this thread so thanks.

For those who have moved into RCP, I was just wondering – did you all get full structural surveys carried out before signing contracts? We're at this stage now, and getting mixed advice as to whether this is necessary for a newbuild.

Loaf79 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Some really useful stuff on this thread so thanks.

For those who have moved into RCP, I was just wondering – did you all get full structural surveys carried out before signing contracts? We're at this stage now, and getting mixed advice as to whether this is necessary for a newbuild.

Didn't get one myself. I don't think people generally get them personally.

Didn't get one myself. I don't think people generally get them personally.

We didn't get one either, remember you have your 10 year Homebond guarantee also

Well folks, this tale may sound familiar to those in the earlier phases but for those moving in soon it might be helpful.

So we planned on getting Vodafone broadband and Sky TV. Broadband first because you can't get TV without a phone line/broadband. Rang Vodafone, they couldn't connect us as we we're not on the grid. We reluctantly (because we had heard so many bad things) rang Eir. They said yes no problem, we can connect you immediately, you'll get the phone line first, then Fibre. We were slightly sceptical that it could be that easy after all I've read on this forum but they said they had already connected one of our neighbours.

First appointment booked for this morning. The KN engineer didn't even come into the house. He said there are no connections on our street. We said are you sure, Donna (in Ballymore site office) had told us the cables were in the ground. He said he was absolutely sure as he had been on our street a few days ago for one of our neighbours and it was the same story. We said well do you know when it will be connected and he said he hadn't a clue. He could see where the cabinets would be and said they might wait til Rathbourne Park was finished (as they're beside us). We were horrified as those houses are months away!! We asked how could we find out and he said call Eir, he had no information.

So we called Eir, passed around the customer services dept, putting on hold, eventually they hung up after 20 minutes. So here lies our currently problem, we don't have anyone to ring to even know when it could be attached, I wouldn't mind so much if there was an estimated date, even if it was months away. Just to know we're on a schedule.

We then decided we would have to get a mobile broadband dongle because if we have on TV service we'll be on Netflix and we'll get through our data on our phones in no time. We both also work from home a day a bit so need something.

We drove up to Blanchardstown Centre with a view to getting a Three mobile broadband dongle. Very expensive - it can be a fiver per day! There are various packages but the best deal is 30 euro a month for unlimited data. Then we realise that it's an 18 month contract! Surely we'll have broadband before that so we left and went into the nearby Eir shop to see if we could get a number from them to see if we could get some idea of when they would install it.

They knew nothing and all they could do is tell us to ring Eir customer services. However, they do mobile broadband also. 53 euro a month (more expensive than fibre!!!) for 250GB so it's not unlimited but should be enough for us. There was also a contract for that but they said we could get out of the contract if we were moving to Fibre with Eir when it does get installed. So we went with that option as we are optimistic folks who hope we'll have broadband in less than a year!

I expect others will have the same experience but if anyone manages to get proper broadband can you let us know?

Or for those in earlier phases, if you have any ideas on who else we can contact to get an idea of when they'll do the work on the road can you let me know please? Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi all. This might be some what of a repeat post but most the answers seem to have been given via private msgs.
    Just looking for some recommendations in relation to getting the alarm installed. Some of the quotes I got seem to be a bit high especially as it’s prewired.
    Thank 👌ðŸ¼

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Hi all. This might be some what of a repeat post but most the answers seem to have been given via private msgs.
    Just looking for some recommendations in relation to getting the alarm installed. Some of the quotes I got seem to be a bit high especially as it’s prewired.
    Thank ��

How much were you quoted ?
    The great thing about alarms is they usually stick a name on the box so you have a good idea who your neighbours have gone with .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NC99

Hi All,

Can somebody give me a rough estimate on how much did it cost for following few things to get done? We are trying to set a budget for ourselves and how much cash we would have to roughly keep at our disposal when we get a call for snagging/keys:

1. Flooring for the Ash 3-bed
    2. Snagging company's fee
    3. Roller blinds
    4. Alarm/security system

I just need an idea and want to prepare before the time comes.

Thanks

How much were you quoted ?
    The great thing about alarms is they usually stick a name on the box so you have a good idea who your neighbours have gone with .

Haven’t moved in so can’t see the neighbors just yet.
    Quote of almost 1000e.
    It was just over 1000e when we got an Alarm installed in the previous house. But they had to drill up into the lintels and run cables through the attic. I would have imagined prewired would be more straight forward

Good news and bad news on the broadband for Camden phase. So I finally found out (via another Board with an Eir representative) when they expect to be laying the cables in the road in order to give us broadband. The date given was 30/12/18. So that's the bad news, no telly for xmas unless you're going to saorview!

I doubt very much that they'll be laying cables over Christmas either but at least there is some date in the calendar and hopefully be all resolved in January.

Meanwhile it's mobile broadband and Netflix for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheConnoisseur

Hi all,

I bought a house on the Camden development last February and first of all let me thank all of you who contributed so far. It's awesome the contribution that all of you have made to this thread throughout the years. It has certainly helped me a couple times and it's certainly a place to check for news on how things are going with the development I'm interested in. So kudos everyone.

I would like to know if anyone has a snagger to recommend? If so send me by PM. I got someone to do my snagging but I'm not very happy with the service and I'm thinking in getting another person in to check for more flaws. From the few companies I called, they all say they are too busy ATM. Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 engineer0

NC99 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can somebody give me a rough estimate on how much did it cost for following few things to get done? We are trying to set a budget for ourselves and how much cash we would have to roughly keep at our disposal when we get a call for snagging/keys:

1. Flooring for the Ash 3-bed
    2. Snagging company's fee
    3. Roller blinds
    4. Alarm/security system

I just need an idea and want to prepare before the time comes.

Thanks
    Hello,
    We're waiting for an Ash as well. Did you hear anything about snagging dates for Ashes ? 
    Obviously costs will vary depending on the quality / fanciness of the material/service etc, but our (maybe a bit pessimistic)  understanding is 
    1 a ) Get a flooring company do it all for you   ~ 5K
       b) Get measures yourself, order the laminate yourself, find a flooring specialist through reference/ internet ~3 - 3.5 K 
       c) Get measures yourself, order non-brand name laminate from Belfast, get it transported here, find a guy here etc etc 2K euros
    2 Snagging 
      a ) find someone through reference / internet  150 - 300 
      b ) work with a company 200 - 300
    3 ) didn't look into this one.
    4 ) Alarm system 750 - 1000 for traditional alarms, should be less than 500 for smart home security package, nest etc.
    Best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KubikBlack

engineer0 wrote: »
    Hello,
    We're waiting for an Ash as well. Did you hear anything about snagging dates for Ashes ? 

Hi engineer0, I'm in the Ash, too, and it looks like Ballymore will start calling first 3-bedrooms for snagging within next two weeks. I seem to be in the first group so fingers crossed! They were releasing Herons by a group of 2-3 per week, speed good and steady. We were told they were on schedule for 3 beds to start end October-early November.
    Hope this helps!

The Rathborne park side of the road that the Ashes face onto appeared to be open as I walked past earlier. Might be of interest for those of you who want to get a closer look at your new houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 engineer0

The Rathborne park side of the road that the Ashes face onto appeared to be open as I walked past earlier. Might be of interest for those of you who want to get a closer look at your new houses.
    I see Google Maps has updated the Ashtown Area, I believe the data belongs to Summer 2018 . Earlier phases are now all finished as well.

engineer0 wrote: »
    I see Google Maps has updated the Ashtown Area, I believe the data belongs to Summer 2018 . Earlier phases are now all finished as well.

Camden or Rathbourne Park aren't on Google maps. Everyone gets lost. I tell all delivery men to go to Centra and I just run around. It's just easier!

In other things I learned this week that might save some of you some time....

Fences - a couple of ours weren't nailed down. Ballymore came back and nailed them down but check when you're doing the snag. I can hear them rattling as it's a windy day today and I'm sure there'd be some damage over time if it wasn't addressed

Dust - spare yourself the bother of trying to clean your windows or paying someone to do it. There is so much dust from the construction site that I can barely see out my windscreen. I'll get them professionally cleaned in the spring when most of the construction will be done

Carpets - we're getting carpet on our stairs and landing. We have to get one side bound as the banisters are open ie no skirting to stick it to so there would be frayed edges. Also thing we need a metal bar on the edge on the landing. To be decided by the fitter

All is going well though, really happy with the house and the community. And I have plenty time to explore it all due to lack of tv/broadband!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement