Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

smiddyboy wrote: »
    I've had it for a couple of months, bu when i go to the primevideo.com website there is nothing there. One moviw and about 20 shows (all Amazon Originals). Can't see American gods or any other shows.

Had a chat online with Amazon and all they could say is that content gets added and removed all the time! Useless!

Anyone had this issue?

That seems wrong, it's bigger than that now. Have you got a VPN on?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I started the trial at the weekend. The selection is pretty good but no native Chromecast support is a bit of a deal breaker. Casting through a browser is clunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mr E wrote: »
    I started the trial at the weekend. The selection is pretty good but no native Chromecast support is a bit of a deal breaker. Casting through a browser is clunky.

And poor quality wise when you do.

To be honest, i find it slow to load at times and the quality can be muck. Whereas, Netflix flies it and the quality is much better.

Don't think I'll keep it after preacher, man in high castle and American gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,380 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Signed up. Content seems okay. Problem I have is I can't find any obvious way to watch it on TV, apart from casting from chrome in a PC (which I won't be doing).

I have an LG smart TV and a fire tv stick, you would think this should be easy..

Any ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,708 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

dulpit wrote: »
    Signed up. Content seems okay. Problem I have is I can't find any obvious way to watch it on TV, apart from casting from chrome in a PC (which I won't be doing).

I have an LG smart TV and a fire tv stick, you would think this should be easy..

Any ideas anyone?

Firestick should work, have you signed in to your account?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Firestick should work, have you signed in to your account?

Yep, anything I try says region issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,708 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yep, anything I try says region issues...

Oh you're in so yeah most stuff isn't available in Ireland.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Oh you're in so yeah most stuff isn't available in Ireland.

But stuff I can watch on website or on app (e.g. The man in the high castle) won't play either.. Seems to be fire tv stick issue..

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

But stuff I can watch on website or on app (e.g. The man in the high castle) won't play either.. Seems to be fire tv stick issue..

I got a Fire Stick specifically so I could watch Amazon Prime Video on my (non-smart) TV, but it wouldn't show the Irish content and the content thats there won't play.
    I got on to customer service and all they kept repeating back to me was that the service isn't available in Ireland through the Fire Stick. I kept pressing them, asking if there was any settings I could change on the device or my account and just kept getting a resounding "no".
    Their one solution was that I connect my PC or laptop to my TV through a HDMI :eek:
    Seriously unhelpful.

In the end I went the PlayStation route someone mentioned in another thread here. If you sign up to a new PSN account using a UK address (any random address) this gives you access to the UK PSN app store, which has the Amazon Prime Video app in it. I downloaded the app, logged back in as my Irish PSN account and the app was still there. Signed in and it works perfectly (for now anyways).

I find Amazons limiting of platforms that they offer their service on to be extremely customer hostile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Had the same issue as others with the Fire TV box and Irish content not being picked up on it. Talking to customer service they said they are working on updates to the boxes so they can work in countries outside the UK but there is not definite date for it to roll out.

For now the workaround i am using is......... i own a fire tablet and the prime video works seamlessly with that and i can tell it to display on the fire TV. So fairly straightforward workaround for me at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

^ Thanks for the little glimmer of hope. Would have been nice if the agent I spoke to could have given me a similar kind of assurance. I honestly found the conversation with him one of the most frustrating calls to a customer service rep in AGES.

I know its all moot if you have a smart TV with access to the app, but I still can't understand why Amazon have to make it so difficult to watch their content legally. I know Netflix has been around longer, but its available on every single platform there is. And Amazons decision to not implement casting from their app (apart from a Fire to Fire device) is just ridiculous, even though I'm sure its something to do with them trying to stick it to Google in some silly way.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,915 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Am I the only one who can't watch American Gods in Ireland?

"This title is not available in you current location"

^ Thanks for the little glimmer of hope. Would have been nice if the agent I spoke to could have given me a similar kind of assurance. I honestly found the conversation with him one of the most frustrating calls to a customer service rep in AGES.

I know its all moot if you have a smart TV with access to the app, but I still can't understand why Amazon have to make it so difficult to watch their content legally. I know Netflix has been around longer, but its available on every single platform there is. And Amazons decision to not implement casting from their app (apart from a Fire to Fire device) is just ridiculous, even though I'm sure its something to do with them trying to stick it to Google in some silly way.
    Just got the follow on email from amazon there now, and they re-iterate that they are working on localisation of the devices outside of the original launch countries but they cannot give a date for each country. So fingers crossed its not too far away

Headshot wrote: »
    Am I the only one who can't watch American Gods in Ireland?

"This title is not available in you current location"
    I just tried it on the fire tablet and it played no issue. - Episode 1

• Registered Users Posts: 53,915 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hmm that is very strange then, maybe it's somthing to do with Samsung tv Amazon app

Had the same issue as others with the Fire TV box and Irish content not being picked up on it. Talking to customer service they said they are working on updates to the boxes so they can work in countries outside the UK but there is not definite date for it to roll out.

For now the workaround i am using is......... i own a fire tablet and the prime video works seamlessly with that and i can tell it to display on the fire TV. So fairly straightforward workaround for me at the moment.

Will that work? I'm picking up a fire tablet next week, so that'd be well handy..

Will that work? I'm picking up a fire tablet next week, so that'd be well handy..
    Maybe do an internet search but my fire tablet picks up the ireland region stuff correctly and will cast it to the fire tv box seamlessly, no messing about no additional apps needed all done through the fire os on the tablet.

When on the tablet and i go into a movie or tv show i have 2 buttons play or play on device - fire tv. I havent messed with it too much but it works alright. And the quality of the image on the tv looks full hd resolution to me. Preacher was as sharper and crisper than i have ever seen it.

Maybe do an internet search but my fire tablet picks up the ireland region stuff correctly and will cast it to the fire tv box seamlessly, no messing about no additional apps needed all done through the fire os on the tablet.

When on the tablet and i go into a movie or tv show i have 2 buttons play or play on device - fire tv. I havent messed with it too much but it works alright. And the quality of the image on the tv looks full hd resolution to me. Preacher was as sharper and crisper than i have ever seen it.

That's the job, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's slowly getting better. Some really good TV and boxset stuff but the film selection is still poor. Probably worth the discounted price at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Primevideo.com is separate from Amazon.co.uk, so I could guess there's some issue there. Ask their support?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

Lads I have an amazon Firestick and Amazon app installed(Andriod) combo.

I get the region issue when I use the stick but once the stick is started I can select any show on the phone and select watch on the Amazon Fire stick.

Good job, all included in my amazon prime account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

On my stick in the settings -> location I have the postcode BT3 64PE

Everything else is registered to the UK account.

Everything on my account is registered to Ireland. When i was troubleshooting the Fire Box an Amazon customer services rep did this for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Any ideas anyone?

I got a lg tv few months back & it has the prime app on it. Had no problem setting it up & everything I've tried to watch has worked.

Have a look in the lg content store & see if the app is available to install. Obviously no need then for laptop, fire stick etc...

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I got a lg tv few months back & it has the prime app on it. Had no problem setting it up & everything I've tried to watch has worked.

Have a look in the lg content store & see if the app is available to install. Obviously no need then for laptop, fire stick etc...

What's the app called? I went looking for it but nothing showed up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Amazon Prime Video :-)

Not sure if there's differences between models but on mine when I go into the content store there is a premium section. Amazon app is in there alongside Netflix, YouTube etc...

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Amazon Prime Video :-)

Not sure if there's differences between models but on mine when I go into the content store there is a premium section. Amazon app is in there alongside Netflix, YouTube etc...

Went searching, doesn't seem to be on my TV :-(

• Advertisement

The Amazon Prime Video app is now finally officially available on PS4 in Ireland.

Advertisement