Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

tudderone wrote: »
    I spent hours on the phone to them the week before last, never got to speak to anyone and gave up. Who has time for that ? Same regards emails, they have gone unanswered.

Totally agree. Spending 5 minutes on hold is a disgrace in my opinion. Shower of chancers. If they’re struggling with the workload then hire more people to answer the phones ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Totally agree. Spending 5 minutes on hold is a disgrace in my opinion. Shower of chancers. If they’re struggling with the workload then hire more people to answer the phones ffs

Nope, it was more like 15-20 mins listening to that stupid advert they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

“Every parcel is as important as us as it is to you”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

Ok my parents ordered a parcel from Lakeland and put my mums name on it instead of my dads, addressed to PM up north with no PM number on it or anything.

How easy is it thesedays to contact Parcelmotel and get it sent to his account? Bearing in mind their age means they don't have the patience anymore.

My OH did this before - before it got to parcel motel I changed the name on the PM account to both our names then put all the info I could into the parcel tracker. Was delayed a day or two (bare in mind this was pre-lockdown so it could be longer now) but parcel made it's way to us

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I meant spending 5 mins before s a disgrace let alone 30 mins and longer.
    But hey, they’re Ireland’s number one parcel delivery service, lovely by thousands....and every parcel is as important to us, as it is to you xxx. Bless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

My OH did this before - before it got to parcel motel I changed the name on the PM account to both our names then put all the info I could into the parcel tracker. Was delayed a day or two (bare in mind this was pre-lockdown so it could be longer now) but parcel made it's way to us

ooo thats clever. When we get a tracking number off Lakeland I might do that - put that tracking number into the address I have given to PM perhaps along with both names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

ooo thats clever. When we get a tracking number off Lakeland I might do that - put that tracking number into the address I have given to PM perhaps along with both names.

I wouldn't put the tracking number in the address, just the names; but put the tracking number along with the expected delivery date etc into the parcel diary/parcel finder

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

Parcel Motel are a joke every year in the run up to Christmas.
    They clearly don't have sufficient headcount to handle the busy Christmas period.
    I had a package signed for Wednesday morning and still hasn't been tracked to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

I thought with more people working from home that Parcel Motel might not be as popular - but maybe not as I know some use it for the UK address.
    An Post Address Pal works well too - especially for things with batteries - I ordered a power pack a few months ago using Address Pal (they have a hub in mainland Britain) and no issues, but couldn't order using PM as the address is Northern Ireland. Plus the collection at the post office was seamless and quick. Maybe stop using PM?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

robo wrote: »
    I thought with more people working from home that Parcel Motel might not be as popular - but maybe not as I know some use it for the UK address.
    An Post Address Pal works well too - especially for things with batteries - I ordered a power pack a few months ago using Address Pal (they have a hub in mainland Britain) and no issues, but couldn't order using PM as the address is Northern Ireland. Plus the collection at the post office was seamless and quick. Maybe stop using PM?

Batteries are prohibited on AddressPal because the are hazardous on aircraft.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know if you can ask Parcel Motel to reject the delivery of a parcel?

UK retailer has taken weeks to deliver and retailer can't cancel order but said I can reject delivery and the parcel will be returned to them and then refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 smoeky

Anyone know if you can ask Parcel Motel to reject the delivery of a parcel?

UK retailer has taken weeks to deliver and retailer can't cancel order but said I can reject delivery and the parcel will be returned to them and then refunded.

Unlikely, a previous poster had no luck. They don't process the parcels til they reach the Dublin depot

smoeky wrote: »
    Unlikely, a previous poster had no luck. They don't process the parcels til they reach the Dublin depot

Thanks, as I thought.

The only way I think could work but is quite drastic is to close my parcel motel account and/or delete the card details so they cant take thr fee for it (i don't keep a credit in the account).

Annoyed the retailer a) hasn't shipped the item yet and b) says they can't cancel it.

Thanks, as I thought.

The only way I think could work but is quite drastic is to close my parcel motel account and/or delete the card details so they cant take thr fee for it (i don't keep a credit in the account).

Annoyed the retailer a) hasn't shipped the item yet and b) says they can't cancel it.

I'm the other poster with the similar problem and if you remove your card details or close the account they'll keep the parcel for 30 days and destroy it. If the retailer has no proof of delivery that's grand, but if they can prove it was delivered to PM and never returned you most likely won't get a refund. The retailer I'm dealing with in the UK is useless so it looks like I'll end up keeping the item as they won't pay return shipping on it (even though it was their mistake!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

10 days now. No response to the find my parcel case I opened and no replies from emails to support. :confused:

Frustrating , T'was a Christmas present so have time to replace it but they should be replying to customers.

Anyone experience filing a claim for lost parcel?

LizardKing wrote: »
    No that's why I contacted them. DPD tracked delivery to them shows it delivered but then the trail stops.

I guess its in some backlog warehouse waiting (6 days now) to be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lachako

Does anyone know what Location: PMD and Event: Released means in the Tracking History of a parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Lachako wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Location: PMD and Event: Released means in the Tracking History of a parcel?
    Sounds like a customs seizure and release, either coming from outside euro zone or suspected illegal product, but then rekeased without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

10 days now. No response to the find my parcel case I opened and no replies from emails to support. :confused:

Frustrating , T'was a Christmas present so have time to replace it but they should be replying to customers.

They wont respond to emails. Call them , you might need to hold for 20-30 mins.

They lost a 1500 Euro parcel on me end of October, agreed refund on 20th November , nothing since and after call and email to their manager it is to be paid out today.

In total it took 4 calls, dont let agents fob you off, ask it to be escalated to a manager and once your ticket gets assigned to a manager then they respond to any emails you sent regarding that ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

dan786 wrote: »
    They wont respond to emails. Call them , you might need to hold for 20-30 mins.

They lost a 1500 Euro parcel on me end of October, agreed refund on 20th November , nothing since and after call and email to their manager it is to be paid out today.

In total it took 4 calls, dont let agents fob you off, ask it to be escalated to a manager and once your ticket gets assigned to a manager then they respond to any emails you sent regarding that ticket.

Thanks .. will do!

Sounds like a customs seizure and release, either coming from outside euro zone or suspected illegal product, but then rekeased without issue

It was coming from the UK and marked clearly by the retailer as a laptop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It was coming from the UK and marked clearly by the retailer as a laptop!

MOD: People are worried enough without starting this kind of panic.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

<SNIP>.

Have you heard of, or experienced this happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Once only about 3 years ago. The seller actually shipped the Laptop in it's own original box which had all the details displayed. In that particular case the package never reached its destination.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

How are Parcel Motel doing these days, I’m expecting a parcel in the coming days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

What was deleted?

I'm the other poster with the similar problem and if you remove your card details or close the account they'll keep the parcel for 30 days and destroy it. If the retailer has no proof of delivery that's grand, but if they can prove it was delivered to PM and never returned you most likely won't get a refund. The retailer I'm dealing with in the UK is useless so it looks like I'll end up keeping the item as they won't pay return shipping on it (even though it was their mistake!)

Thanks, in my case will just have to wait for the stuff to arrive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Joziburg wrote: »
    How are Parcel Motel doing these days, I’m expecting a parcel in the coming days.

My first time using it..just got a email tonight saying my parcel is in Dublin.How long from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

I'm waiting on a check in for a package I believe was delivered to PM on 16th November by Royal Mail. Filed the find my parcel a week ago, nothing back also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

sasta le wrote: »
    My first time using it..just got a email tonight saying my parcel is in Dublin.How long from there?

Normally by the next evening it would be in your locker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Prezatch wrote: »
    I'm waiting on a check in for a package I believe was delivered to PM on 16th November by Royal Mail. Filed the find my parcel a week ago, nothing back also...

I've always found the service very solid, and to be fair although they hadn't answered my ticket with a response I rang through today and they confirmed they found my package which had been addressed with no PMID and would match it up to my account today. Took about 10mins on hold but all good given this time of year.

Advertisement