Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Placed an order with 3 items on 31 December, 2 items arrived last Sunday (10th) and the third item is on for 3 February.

Previous order was on 28 December for 2 items and they arrived on 29 and 30 December, respectively. Though my experience of their delivery late last year was to expect 4 day delivery rather than the promised 1-2 day of Prime, but I put that down to the pandemic. Pre-pandemic it was reliable.

Amazon touts delivery times as a key reason for their winning the e-commerce war. That's why they've invested into everything from giant distribution centers manned by robots to their own cargo airline and last mile delivery service. If they can't get it right in Ireland they'll lose sales... But I guess they might ask themselves, "to whom?" I placed a black Friday order with Arnotts that barely made it in time for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Really hope they sort the delivery time issues soon as It was great up until now.

I cant really find anywhere atm you can actually order from that you will get your items within a reasonable time its made even worse because all the shops are closed locally as well.

I wonder if Amazon lose enough Irish prime members or lose money from Ireland in general will we see changes to our setup this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

I put an order in on Wednesday night and was pencilled in for delivery on the 22nd .. just got Notification that the Order will be due today ..
    Now my last few orders had to clear customs in U.K. but with his order it only states customs cleared in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

harr wrote: »
    I put an order in on Wednesday night and was pencilled in for delivery on the 22nd .. just got Notification that the Order will be due today ..
    Now my last few orders had to clear customs in U.K. but with his order it only states customs cleared in Dublin.

I ordered something small yesterday that dispatched this morning but still says delivery time 23rd of January. It says its in Dublin,Swords and is in customs clearance process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SodaAndSoap

I ordered some RAM for my PC on 30th December, and still waiting on delivery - seems to be stuck in Rochester, GB after clearing customs on 5th January.

Another item I ordered on 5th January has been stuck at 'initiated customs clearing processing' at the same place since 8th January.

Amazon need to figure this all out and quickly, before thousands of Prime subscribers cancel their subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

It does seem to be getting better, and the the delivery dates are a safety net.

Two items ordered on the 6th, checkout stage said they would be delivered on the 18th. Email shortly after saying it would be the 19th. Arrived in the Rochester sortation office on the 9th, departed there on the 11th and are out for delivery today.

Item ordered on the 9th of January was due back in stock on the 15th. Delivery estimate has been the 23rd, was shipped this morning and custom clearance has been iniateded.

A book ordered on Monday, shipped on Monday and departed a facility in France on Tuesday. Is due in on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Ordered an item on the 6th, got an email this morning that it is probably lost and to claim a refund!

This happened before with an item worth €50 and a week later it turned up. So hopefully I get the refund and the item still turns up!!

Wont be ordering again until things settle down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I just spoke to Amazon, and they stated that the delays are due to the ongoing situation around the world. They also stated that things which are 'essential' are getting prioritised, hence other things are being pushed back on the list. However if you look at some other posters and what they have purchased, I don't see how some other things (arriving in a fast time frame) could be classed as 'essential'.

It's quite clear that they're talking through their hat. Cancelled my Prime there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I cancelled my prime. It's not worth it anymore. More people that cancel might force them to arrange an alternative

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My stuff still at St Helens Merseyside since January 5th. Not even started customs clearance. I reckon that order (2 items) is dead in the water at this stage. I've received stuff from China that was ordered after the above. It's quite frustrating

Edit: Ordered other stuff on Tuesday and that's cleared customs, so obvious first package has gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

All depends on item ordered and shipping method used.
    corkie wrote: »
    Amazon.com maybe a cost effective alternative for similar products?

On orders Fulfilled by Amazon.

Example (Non Prime account): -

.co.UK: - USB Flash Drive 128GB Lio SHAAR Type-C Flash Drive ~~~ EUR 28.81 free delivery 22 Jan.

.com: - USB 3.0 Flash Drive, 128GB Thumb Drive, High Speed Memory Stick ~~~ EUR 28.71 Arriving Jan 19 - Jan 25 with coupon offered on amazon.

Compare prices across eu not including shipping costs?

Edit: - I'm aware you could get similar cheaper on the slow boat from china from the likes of aliexpress

That test order from 5 January finally got processed today and now Arriving February 17, with DPD.
    10:03 AM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Robbinsville, New Jersey US

Other than amazon tracking, is there any external site to track DPD?, is US Amazon DPD the same as in Europe?

I had another ordered from 3rd that shipped with DHL express and already arrived well ahead of expected time frame.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ordered 3 items 03/01.
    1 arrived today, 1 is currently missing, 1 was cancelled by Amazon as it not available but hey presto it shows on their site

Also they are printing the postage fee on the CN22 label, even if it free to customer
    Don't know what I have been charges yet and if the 'import fee deposit' will be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

zell12 wrote: »

Also they are printing the postage fee on the CN22 label, even if it free to customer

Unless you have prime where shipping is free and not discounted by value of items purchased. Vat is still charged on transport fees.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I actually ordered an item on Wednesday and it has arrived today, two days later!

HDMI cables so definitely not essential! Interestingly tracking started in Swords, Dublin, passing Custom Clearance there.

On the other hand an item I ordered on the 7th of January is still sitting in Rochester, GB, having cleared customs on the 12th!

And a separate item I ordered on Wednesday 13th, still hasn't dispatched, due 28tth.

So good to see that they can still do 2 day delivery when they want, but it still seems all over the place.

I think I'll keep Prime for now, with getting VAT off, just two £20 will save you £8 which pays for prime, which includes that streaming service which isn't half bad IMO.

I do miss the two day shipping, but as long as you aren't in a rush for items, it isn't so bad. Hopefully it will improve in time.

BTW I wonder if this is down to all the flights that have been cancelled due to Covid, that is a lot of airfreight knocked out, plus perhaps staff out with Covid with the high numbers in the UK and Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Most things today that I am looking at show a delivery date of Monday 25 January now.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

Ordered an electronic item worth ~€250 from amazon.de on Sunday.
    Was delivered via UPS on Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭user302243

Still seeing very long delivery times for my account to Dublin.

Ordered 9th January, dispatched 13th January, due 25th January. Really miss the next day deliveries.

Wednesday, 13 January
    8:46 PM
    Completed customs clearance process
    Rochester, GB
    7:35 PM
    Initiated customs clearance process
    Rochester, GB
    1:13 PM
    Package departed an Amazon facility
    Rochester, Kent GB
    10:45 AM
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Dante7 wrote: »
    I ordered a watch on 3rd of January from a bargain alert on HUKD. It has been stuck in St Helens since the 3rd. It was supposed to be delivered by yesterday and today I was able to claim a refund and was informed that if I received it I could refuse delivery or send it back. What happens if I don't send it back?

Interestingly, the watch was supposed to be about £170, but this was broken down to £140 + £30 import fees deposit. The £140 was originally taken, but not the £30. The refund notice said that £170 would be refunded, but the refund has yet to land, so not sure how that will pan out yet.

Just on this. The refund arrived today. I was refunded £170 despite having only been originally charged £140. Looks like Amazon's systems are not correctly dealing with the import duty deposit.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm beginning to think there's a truck or something lost somewhere. There is a big batch of orders from very early January not appearing anywhere, as stuff I've ordered afterwards has cleared customs very fast (they are 2 different regions so I wonder is that where the issue is).

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭khennessy86

i got an email notification today on my amazon order for custom fees of 22 euro, the item itself cost approx 19 , I thought goods under the value of 20 were ok, the value on the email from post has it listed as 89.95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭pillphil

Amazon decided to send my order for a second round of customs

Saturday, 16 January
    2:30 PM
    Rochester, GB
    2:02 PM
    Rochester, GB
    8:25 AM
    Rochester, Kent GB

Thursday, 14 January
    5:30 PM
    Rochester, GB
    5:12 PM
    Rochester, GB
    3:20 PM
    Rochester, Medway GB
    3:16 PM
    Rochester, Kent GB

Wednesday, 13 January

11:30 AM
    Rochester, Medway GB
    Package has shipped

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

i got an email notification today on my amazon order for custom fees of 22 euro, the item itself cost approx 19 , I thought goods under the value of 20 were ok, the value on the email from post has it listed as 89.95

Fulfilled by Amazon or a third party?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Most things today that I am looking at show a delivery date of Monday 25 January now.

I wouldnt put much stock in those dates.

Seems like they can't run an accurate prediction engine yet with all the changes so are defaulting to mega-super-totally underpromise and overdeliver. A fair way to do it.

Ordered just before midnight Thursday, 14th - Estimated arrival 24th!
    Saturday, 16 January
    7:00 AM
    Dublin, Swords
    6:40 AM
    Dublin, Swords
    4:45 AM
    Dublin, Swords
    Package has shipped

I suspect I'll see it Monday. AMZL. Can't really complain if true. Annnnnd, it was cheaper due to the vat discount (22GBP was dropped to 17 odd).

With that customs clearance note I assume you are in Dublin and this is delivery by Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yep. Swords probably means they're clearing in the Airport as the delivery station is west Dublin.

Yes, this is handled by Amazon Logistics, so once shipped you should not see delays.

If you would be outside Dublin than it would add 3 days (at least) for AnPost delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Ordered on the 10th, estimated delivery 25th. Shipped on the 14th, arrived in Rochester on the 15th, no update since it arrived there, but delivery pushed out to the 27th. Sold and fulfilled by Amazon.

Don't think I'll be using amazon uk again anytime soon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

My two orders from last Sunday shipped, so a week for dispatch. Delivery date also pushed out from 25th to 27th.

Usually Amazon themselves deliver to me but this is coming with An Post and it seems they've shipped both items together. Does this mean I could be liable for VAT as it's over the €22?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

My two orders from last Sunday shipped, so a week for dispatch. Delivery date also pushed out from 25th to 27th.

Usually Amazon themselves deliver to me but this is coming with An Post and it seems they've shipped both items together. Does this mean I could be liable for VAT as it's over the €22?

No, I got 3 items together on one package that had all been ordered separately, total was over €22, delivered by An Post and no extra charges VAT or anything.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

This is a good thread to have handy, Whats the study with Amazon fr, es,de, it etc

Is it easy to order from them and what sort of services are available like an AddressPal equivalent for EU

Advertisement