Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Longitude Festival 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gideon Graves

Thinking Ben Howard, The Foals or Ed Sheeran will be likely bets for tomorrow's announcement. Ed Sheeran has a pretty strong fanbase and he played Latitude before as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

exilec wrote: »
    Class..!! hope your right..:)
    i'm going by someone who works for POD who said it on the EP message board. they've given plenty of inside tips and leaks in previous years that turned out to be true, so highly likely this will be too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Might be reading too much into it but the official Latitude twitter page retweeted someone who asked if The Horrors will be playing?

Could be a hint? Id be happy if it was accurate anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Sadly that line up would bore me to tears ha

Have to agree, pretty boring line up and nothing that I would pay over 50 euro for.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

no, playing the IMMA in Kilmainham this summer apparently.

If POD did get Blur then thats a massive selling point for FF and will nearly mean a sell out especially for the day they play.

Wonder what time they will announce at , morning/midday/afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Mr.S wrote: »
    MCD would want to announce more then 3 bands as the first announcement!

--

Also Melt's lineup is amazing, but it would be wasted here, it wouldn't sell well.

Yes, that line-up would be be wasted here because the majority of this country has no bloody taste! Like in all seriousness ya have people wanting ED bloody Sheeran :mad:

If POD did get Blur then thats a massive selling point for FF and will nearly mean a sell out especially for the day they play.

Wonder what time they will announce at , morning/midday/afternoon
    they won't be playing there as part of FF, it will be a separate gig/event.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

lc180 wrote: »
    Melt Festival in Germany announced its line-up. Its the same weekend as Latitude & Longitude. Same style of festival too so possible that a few of the acts might appear tomorrow on the lineup for Marlay Park.

All confirmed acts so far

Alt-J | Azealia Banks | Bambounou | Julio Bashmore | Barnt | Ben UFO | James Blake | Chvrches | Dan Deacon | Daughter | Marcel Dettmann | Disclosure | Django Django | DJ Koze | Eats Everything | Everything Everything | Ellen Allien | Fantastic Mr Fox | Flying Lotus | Function | Get Physical Special feat. Andhim, Catz 'N Dogz, M.A.N.D.Y., Smash TV (live), Wankelmut | Henrik Schwarz & Band | James Holden | Joy Orbison | Karenn | Kettcar | King Krule | Ben Klock | Laing | Christian Löffler | Modeselektor & Apparat (DJ-Set) | Mount Kimbie | Miss Kittin (live) | Mykki Blanco | The Knife | Oliver Koletzki | Markus Kavka | Owen Pallett | Purity Ring | Rebel Rave @ Big Wheel feat. Art Department, Jamie Jones, Damian Lazarus u.a. | Roosevelt | Rudimental | Ry/Frank Wiedemann | SBTRKT (DJ-Set) | Schwarzmann (live) | Scuba | Shields | Sinkane | Solomun | Swim Deep | The 1975 | Todd Terje & Lindstrøm live | Otto Von Schirach | Woodkid | Zebra Katz and many more to be announced..

Sorry for the copy and paste.....

id be happy with that line up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If that was the lineup then I'd only get a day ticket to see The Knife if I'm being honest...

If that was the lineup then I'd only get a day ticket to see The Knife if I'm being honest...

I'd get a weekend ticket just to see The Knife alone LOL. Anyway, the Longitude line-up is going to be nothing like the Melt line-up, Melt has always been more Electronic orientated with a bit of "Indie" thrown in where as most festivals on a similar scale have been the opposite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Lineup will be out this evening according to MCD twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

This evening? Boo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

yeah yeah yeahs?

yeah yeah yeahs?
    quite possible, they're at TITP the weekend before, with nothing else in Europe announced for the rest of the summer, and do seem like a typical Latitude act going on past lineups...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭deeks

All over my twitter feed at the moment that Kraftwerk will be one of the headliners.

them plus Vampire Weekend is what I've heard...
    Atoms for Peace being talked about too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

so does that mean this will be the EDM festival then..

them plus Vampire Weekend is what I've heard...
    Atoms for Peace being talked about too.

Couldn't give a flying fcuk about Vampire Weekend, but Atoms for Peace and Kraftwerk would be very nice indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

kraftwerk i am kloot and the pet shop boys will be playing.each night over by 11

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

kraftwerk would be cool as i missed them when they played kilmainham.not really hoping for james blake, i couldnt see him being any use at a vestival but he's good in his own venue!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Kraftwerk are very high in my "bands I want to see live" list, if they are confirmed I am so there!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

declanleo wrote: »
    kraftwerk i am kloot and the pet shop boys will be playing.each night over by 11
    Source?

Really hoping its not just another EDM festival:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭lc180

Really hoping its not just another EDM festival:mad:

No hope of that. They are copying the 'latitude' brand so to speak so the line-up should be the same genres as you'll get in the uk.

If MCD announce someone like David Guetta today i'll not be going near it!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

If its a ff type festival but that big I can't see it doing well here. They will probably need at least 1 pretty big name

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    No hope of that. They are copying the 'latitude' brand so to speak so the line-up should be the same genres as you'll get in the uk.

If MCD announce someone like David Guetta today i'll not be going near it!

Id expect Guetta to do Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I also saw this. Now it's taken from the Herald so to be taken with a pinch of salt. I think 200 or over is too much.

rafi bomb wrote: »
    I also saw this. Now it's taken from the Herald so to be taken with a pinch of salt. I think 200 or over is too much.
    agreed, it would want to be a very good lineup to sell well for €200, considering FF was €115 last year for 3 days/3 stages.

Is this line-up getting announced on the Radio, or just going up on their website?

nocoverart wrote: »
    Is this line-up getting announced on the Radio, or just going up on their website?

Id say FB/Twitter since they didnt announce any radio station

• Advertisement

If anyone is near the Fade Street Social thats where the launch is

Kraftwerk, Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Villagers, Foals, Mark Lanegan, Django Django, Kodaline, Mmoths, AlunaGeorge

WPtS29KOpz

+ hot chip, jake bugg, modest mouse

Early bird weekend €129.50 early bird day tickets €44.50 on sale Monday!

MLqnyT6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Vampire Weekend, yes please

Looks like i wont be going

Early bird weekend €129.50 early bird day tickets €44.50 on sale Monday
    Early bird expires April 7th, tickets then €149.50 (weekend) & €54.50 (day)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Not blown away by that at first glance although Vampire Weekend and Kraftwerk would both be good...

Am guessing I'll wait for more details and end up going either Saturday and Sunday... probably Sunday as may be my only chance to see Kraftwerk - who knows when they'll play Ireland again.

Weaker bill than Forbidden Fruit had last year in my opinion... and higher-priced tickets. Maybe they have more gooduns up their sleeve....

I reckon both the FF and EP organisers will b happy enough with the announcement...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Kraftwerk + some other bands for 45 euro (+ bf). Yes please!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

maybe a day ticket
    wouldnt be bothered with 3 days of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Early bird weekend €129.50 early bird day tickets €44.50 on sale Monday
    Early bird expires April 7th, tickets then €149.50 (weekend) & €54.50 (day)

daycent value for that lineup with the early bird. can't complain, good job MCD.

presume they wont announce the day-by-day lineups until around June?

probably not, but from the bottom of the handout it says:
    Friday - Phoenix
    Saturday - Vampire Weekend
    (presumably) Sunday - Kraftwerk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Reckon there'll be much of a crossover of acts between Longitude, Forbidden Fruit or Electric Picnic? Or even some of the smaller festivals like Indiependence and Castlepalooza?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Probably will be a while which is annoying. If I knew Jake Bugg was Saturday I'd definitely buy a ticket, as it is now I'm not sure. Him and VW are the only two I like

Fairly pathetic line up that, but wasn't expecting anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I'd say there'll be a lot of takers for day tickets on this one so a breakdown should be out a lot sooner. Maybe even in April.

Stage times etc. will be just before festival tho I'd say.

Kraftwerk et al & just checking out the venue/ atmosphere is likely to tempt me along for a day - but with a lot of other festivals to choose from, that'll be it for me I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

The price of the day tickets goes up in April so if they don't announce the day splits before then I won't be buying a ticket on principle!

That's a pretty crap announcement, but if a couple of Kraftwerk, Foals, Kodaline or Hot chip fall onto the same day and day splits are announced whilst day tickets are still €45 I'll head along to one day. Would get bored of 3 days of that though.

• Advertisement

probably not, but from the bottom of the handout it says:
    Friday - Phoenix
    Saturday - Vampire Weekend

really?

Advertisement