Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Itchy eyes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Front derailleur on my bike got knocked skew somehow. Stopped working properly, and the adjustments didn't work properly either, until I figured that out. TA at myself for not spotting it more quickly. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Wimbledon on TV for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

branie2 wrote: »
    Wimbledon on TV for a while

Even worse than the Women's World Cup.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What the hell is wrong with Vodafone? :mad:

First they mess with my credit AND my voicemail (which I can reset on my own, but only through 171, which isn't free of charge, and it's a problem they've created and it's happened four times already), then they give me wrong information to the queries I posted in "Talk to" and they stop replying altogether, then they withdraw from Boards but they tell you to try their live chat, and although it's not even 4pm they tell you there's nobody available because they're only open until 10PM. :mad: And my credit balance isn't coming up, I'm getting either blank pages or error messages, and on more than one browser. I'VE HAD IT WITH THEM!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

New Home wrote: »

First they mess with my credit AND my voicemail (which I can reset on my own, but only through 171, which isn't free of charge, and it's a problem they've created and it's happened four times already), then they give me wrong information to the queries I posted in "Talk to" and they stop replying altogether, then they withdraw from Boards but they tell you to try their live chat, and although it's not even 4pm they tell you there's nobody available because they're only open until 10PM. :mad: And my credit balance isn't coming up, I'm getting either blank pages or error messages, and on more than one browser. I'VE HAD IT WITH THEM!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Try cancelling a broadband account with them. Almost 3 months it took. Un-f*cking-believable. Worst customer service I have ever dealt with and that is saying something.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Memo to self: do not sign up with Vodafone for broadband*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Women who don't flush the toilet after themselves. Gowls, every one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I cleaned rooms in a hotel one of my pet hates was cleaning women's room because there used be make-up and tan everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

The end of my 2 year Tesco Mobile contract was in May, and I had sworn blind that I'd change service provider as soon as I got chance, due to fairly constant loss of network coverage.

However, each mobile provider seems to be as inept and customer un-friendly as the next one, if reports on Boards and elsewhere are anything to go by.

TA: Tesco Mobile are rubbish.
    TA: All others are equally rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Try cancelling a broadband account with them. Almost 3 months it took. Un-f*cking-believable. Worst customer service I have ever dealt with and that is saying something.
    I've had no trouble cancelling any contract like that in years. I ring the person and am told I can't cancel over the phone, I have to write a letter or email someone etc... I just tell them that after this call right now I will be stopping the direct debit which kinda forces them to do it then and there or they put me onto to someone who will.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA: Tesco Mobile are rubbish.
    TA: All others are equally rubbish.

Nothing good to say about any of them but Vodafone are definitely the worst. TA that people keep.signing up for them so their service never changes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wix.com

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »

Worse customer service I have ever dealt with, clowns the lot of em!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Not something that annoys me but something I don't like is a black tie wedding dress code.
    Mainly because I think it looks like a debs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Grown up non-army types wearing camouflage in public.

It's not working - I can see you and you look like a doorknob.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Builders with there crazy prices do a small bit of work.

One guy quoted me 14k to remove tile and fit 2 bathrooms and I had to provided all fittings so in total maybe 22k?.

Then I am looking at getting my removing the grass in my garden as it's only 8 square m I kid you not 1500 euros to put slabs down.

Jeses why did I go to college for 4 years to work in computers... I should have been a builder

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Red Dwarf used to be a great show. At least up to Series 6. Series 7 & 8 were kind of poor. The reboot was worse. But now they're only advertising car breakdown services!!! What a kick in the teeth to a once-great legacy!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who have to be centre of attention at all times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

quickbeam wrote: »
    Red Dwarf used to be a great show. At least up to Series 6. Series 7 & 8 were kind of poor. The reboot was worse. But now they're only advertising car breakdown services!!! What a kick in the teeth to a once-great legacy!

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

That accent so many singers put on now. I can't articulate it other than the way "s" is pronounced "sh". But there are loads of other annoying elements. It's horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

"Meh".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

People who are horrible to customer service advisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Snipp

Drivers in the far right lane doing the speed limit while a string of drivers pass on the eft hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Wimbledon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Why have all the hot weather readers disappeared from the telly ??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Changed my pillowcases today and my pillows just don’t feel right since. I’m the last ten minutes flipping them around trying to get them how they were

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Moths!

Don't know where they keep coming from :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

The use of the word 'basically' at the start of every sentence!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

People who constantly talk about themselves and show little to no interest in anyone elses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement