Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    The mobile site is fine. It is the responsive site you should avoid at all costs.

I mean the new mobile site, which I think is the responsive site?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

People who constantly talk about themselves and show little to no interest in anyone elses.

I prefer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

People who think meeting others for the first time is about asking questions.

The ask ..what do you do ...you answer ....then ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

People who think meeting others for the first time is about asking questions.

The ask ..what do you do ...you answer ....then ........

All I can think when I hear someone asking that question is "Erm, I think you'll find that that's none of your business." Think, not say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Got my hair cut the other day and the barber asked if I was going anywhere nice on my 'hollibops'.

Anyway, his funeral arrangements will be announced at a later date as, owing to the severity of his injuries, it's proving difficult to formally identify his remains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got my nails done yesterday, and while they’re fab and I love them, when yer man was filing and shaping them, he kept rubbing the file off the side of my finger and now I’ve a cut there. The pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Kids on holidays.Why the hell am i still waking up early.And the kids are up with the lark:mad:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Why do some vegan products try to look like meat and cheese? I had a taste of a vegan 'burger' on Sunday (pack of 2 for 7.50). Was pure durt. Also 'vegan cheese', if it's vegan, it's not cheese. Tell me what it is, rather than what it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who respond to an OP that includes a linked article without bothering to read the article first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Got my hair cut the other day and the barber asked if I was going anywhere nice on my 'hollibops'.

Anyway, his funeral arrangements will be announced at a later date as, owing to the severity of his injuries, it's proving difficult to formally identify his remains.

OH NO!!!!!

I'm worried that I might start using this term now to p!ss off my nearest and dearest, but that then it will slip into normal conversation and I'll use it when talking to anyone else too :eek:

You all have my permission to kill me if this comes to pass.

Aaaargh, before I've even finished this post I'm singing "Hollibops, hollibops, Oooh holli-hollibops" to the tune of "Lollipop" by the Chordettes in my brain :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA that I have gotten into the habit of saying OMG. Feel free to shoot me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Why do some vegan products try to look like meat and cheese? I had a taste of a vegan 'burger' on Sunday (pack of 2 for 7.50). Was pure durt. Also 'vegan cheese', if it's vegan, it's not cheese. Tell me what it is, rather than what it's not.

I've thought this myself as I'm picking up Quorn "chicken" slices in the supermarket. I guess its to ease the transition to a veggie/vegan diet.

Have yet to try a vegan burger but everything else has been delicious.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA that I have gotten into the habit of saying OMG. Feel free to shoot me.

It's when you start saying LOL instead of you know actually laughing is when I'll reach for my shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's when you start saying LOL instead of you know actually laughing is when I'll reach for my shooter.

Lol :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Lol :)

tenor.gif?itemid=5069868

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Have yet to try a vegan burger but everything else has been delicious.

No it's not. Stop lying to yourself.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    No it's not. Stop lying to yourself.

My tastebuds are forever making stuff up.

There's my TA, the anger about vegan/veggie diets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People who are horrible to customer service advisers.

Was hiding in a local branch of a well known fast food chain.
    The woman with a approx 4 yr old sitting across from me who's table was a fright, even for there outside term time.
    In the 20 mins she was there, she screeched and paced from her table and the counter at least ten times, 'loudly assertive' tone giving out to all 3 staff members about the toy the child got with its meal. Constantly making comments about how untidy the place was and badly run it was and how she would not accept any type of compensation over the issue with the toy.
    She first had a go at the youngster who's 1st day it was, then she moved onto the staff member who didn't have much english , finally deciding to tell the more senior staff member who was far too respectful to her all about her issue and how she couldn't understand it and how she was going to call Joe Duffy about it all.
    To finish up she went back to the table and brought the topic up with the preciously oblivious child, who started to cry and then mum blamed that on staff as well.
    She flounced off without cleaning her table.

Way to go lady, harasses staff, wreck the environment for the rest of us and make your own child cry. I get its your child's toy and all, but was it worth all that drama?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

House for rent, ad went up today, its in one of the new rent pressure zones, €1144 per month. Squeezing out every bit of that 4% obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA that I’ve set precedent that when it’s one of my niece’s bdays I’ll get the other one “something small” so they don’t feel left out. This was all well and good at the start but now there’s five of them, and although I wouldn’t have it any other way this month has been an absolute financial colonoscopy and I’ve just spent an absolute fortune on squeaky shlt and fluffy crap. Only myself to blame of course for the big ejit that I am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,210 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who are always talking about being poor but they've enough money for a new car and Summer holidays abroad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Sitting outside, trying to enjoy the sun and the birds singing while I wait for someone. Instead, having to endure a man having a shouted phone conversation in his car about everything from his dislike of cats to his "hoor" of a family member. God help the person on the other end of the phone! He has said goodbye to them three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Facebook photos are down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

branie2 wrote: »
    Facebook photos are down

Is that your evening ruined now, B?

You could always try one using the old fashioned “highlight reel”.

The tide is turning…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA that I’ve set precedent that when it’s one of my niece’s bdays I’ll get the other one “something small” so they don’t feel left out. This was all well and good at the start but now there’s five

You will be happy to know that their parents are also privately cursing you.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You know you hate your bank when you type .vom instead of .com.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Happens me a lot

Today I wasted a lot of time to figure out something on a clients account. Trying lots of different things and no solution

I walk to a teammates desk and explain the issue and within 10 seconds before they even replied I figure it out myself! I don’t even need advice, just them to listen

I don’t know what this happens but as soon as I explain an issue to somebody and talk out loud I instantly figure it out :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’ve had the same 3 Lonely Island songs stuck in my head for days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Happens me a lot

Today I wasted a lot of time to figure out something on a clients account. Trying lots of different things and no solution

I walk to a teammates desk and explain the issue and within 10 seconds before they even replied I figure it out myself! I don’t even need advice, just them to listen

I don’t know what this happens but as soon as I explain an issue to somebody and talk out loud I instantly figure it out :confused:

It might help if you write it down, will save you looking for someone to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,031 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My work bestie received some bad news regarding their health and has to take an indefinite sick leave :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement