Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Making a funny joke and having no one around to hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bought a pack of 12 purple snacks at the weekend but left them in the boot. Now melted. In the freezer hoping to get them back to an edible state.

Should they just be taken out one by one when we want to eat them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Slow walkers that walk in the middle of the footpath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Bredabe wrote: »
    Was hiding in a local branch of a well known fast food chain.
    The woman with a approx 4 yr old sitting across from me who's table was a fright, even for there outside term time.
    In the 20 mins she was there, she screeched and paced from her table and the counter at least ten times, 'loudly assertive' tone giving out to all 3 staff members about the toy the child got with its meal. Constantly making comments about how untidy the place was and badly run it was and how she would not accept any type of compensation over the issue with the toy.
    She first had a go at the youngster who's 1st day it was, then she moved onto the staff member who didn't have much english , finally deciding to tell the more senior staff member who was far too respectful to her all about her issue and how she couldn't understand it and how she was going to call Joe Duffy about it all.
    To finish up she went back to the table and brought the topic up with the preciously oblivious child, who started to cry and then mum blamed that on staff as well.
    She flounced off without cleaning her table.

Way to go lady, harasses staff, wreck the environment for the rest of us and make your own child cry. I get its your child's toy and all, but was it worth all that drama?
    An out and out bully. And service advisors really don't give a hoot if contacting the Joe Duffy show is threatened. Plus the Joe Duffy show, silly as it may be, still doesn't just let anyone on, and would not consider her "grievance" to be worth ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Thinking of a clever/funny response to something way too late. Ffred posted a photo of the character Ted Striker from Airplane! in the ‘Picture the boards member game’ for me and I’m only just after realising my reaction should have been “surely you can’t be serious”.

Golden opportunity wasted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Don't call me Shirley!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

People who think they walk fast infuriate me. I do walk really fast most of the time as I'm always late.

I frequently pass by a "fast walker" and get this, they break into a run to get back in front of me move across my line and then "fast walk" 10 metres in front of me, until I pass them again and then they break into a run etc.

You should be allowed to kick the legs from under them.

What is the mindset "He walks fast but not as fast as me, quick, run"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Shemale wrote: »
    People who think they walk fast infuriate me. I do walk really fast most of the time as I'm always late.

I frequently pass by a "fast walker" and get this, they break into a run to get back in front of me move across my line and then "fast walk" 10 metres in front of me, until I pass them again and then they break into a run etc.

I kinda get this with other motorists. I'll come up behind someone who's moving along smartly and quiet contentedly. I'll overtake them, pop back into the outside lane. Give it a few moments and they've decided to overtake me at speed which is faster than they had been doing before I over took them.

I think they don't like being overtaken by a family car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’ve had the same 3 Lonely Island songs stuck in my head for days

I feel your....pain?

Threw it on the Ground has been stuck in my head for the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Making a funny joke and having no one around to hear it

If you make a joke and no one hears it, did it really happen? :pac:

I don't have a TA, I just came in to be a TA!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I feel your....pain?

Threw it on the Ground has been stuck in my head for the last week.
    The day this doesn't make me laugh is the day I have given up on life.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There's my TA, the anger about vegan/veggie diets.

This is really getting on my wick.
    Wtf is people's problem?
    You know what? Sagging off vegan/veggies isn't original, isn't smart, isn't funny. It just makes people seem unoriginal, stupid and unfunny.
    But hey, all the other, unoriginal, stupid, unfunny people will think you are great!
    God, you people are boring ass hats!

Young fella, just finished his leaving cert, called to work looking for a job the other day.
    Great, you might think. We have a brilliant lad working there the last two years who came to us that way.
    Problem; Mammy came with him all the way to the door and did the talking on his behalf! Stupid woman, while meaning the best for her son, made sure that the young fella will never get a job there because she made him look useless and mollycoddled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

This is really getting on my wick.
    Wtf is people's problem?
    You know what? Sagging off vegan/veggies isn't original, isn't smart, isn't funny. It just makes people seem unoriginal, stupid and unfunny.
    But hey, all the other, unoriginal, stupid, unfunny people will think you are great!
    God, you people are boring ass hats!

A few folks on here just can't accept that its a thing. In the real world, I've never seen that kind of reaction but hey that's the internet for you.

Problem; Mammy came with him all the way to the door and did the talking on his behalf! Stupid woman, while meaning the best for her son, made sure that the young fella will never get a job there because she made him look useless and mollycoddled.
    Poor guy.

A few folks on here just can't accept that its a thing. In the real world, I've never seen that kind of reaction but hey that's the internet for you.

Oh, it's prevalent in the real world, too.
    Usually just a throwaway, "I hate vegans" or "they're so preachy". Same kinda people that use terms like men/women, English, feminist, liberal etc. in a pejorative sense. Boring, stupid people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Shemale wrote: »

I’m not really a fast walker but, like you, my time keeping isn’t the best so I’m sometimes in a rush to get past people.

One time I skipped ahead of this old guy on a street in the city centre. I didn’t even notice him, I was just in a hurry.

Anyway, a few meters down the road the same old guy runs past me, turns around and shouts “ha!” at me. I honestly didn’t know we were in a race to that arbitrary point on the footpath but I guess he won so fair play to him.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭gifted

The Dubzzz have arrived.....tranquility of the pool has been shattered by this arrival of inbred tribe...how ya pal...aright there Anto.....poxy bollix ya...

Take them now God....please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The phrase: "It's not my monkey, not my circus". Christ almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ppl, who say x is 'only a child' when a complaint is made about x's bad behaviour and how taking 'child' to task will only frighten them as they are only a 'child'.

More often than not 'child' is in their late teens or twenties.

TA, the misuse of the english language.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    The phrase: "It's not my monkey, not my circus". Christ almighty.

A HEO I worked with in the civil service said that once. I was not impressed given that this HEO spent most of their working day talking about cakes while their subordinates/'monkeys' got on with the job in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Bredabe wrote: »
    Ppl, who say x is 'only a child' when a complaint is made about x's bad behaviour and how taking 'child' to task will only frighten them as they are only a 'child'.

More often than not 'child' is in their late teens or twenties.

TA, the misuse of the english language.

Ah sur little Johnny had a tough up bringin' bein' an only child an all.
    That's all well and good madam, but little Johnny is 6' 4 and is 24...you don't go around being a nuisance without being reprimanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The septics and their stoopid way of writing down the date.
    Month/Date/Year. Why isn't the film called "Born on July the 4th"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mams hippo flaps

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The septics and their stoopid way of writing down the date.
    Month/Date/Year. Why isn't the film called "Born on July the 4th"

9-11 conspiracy theorists will love you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

9-11 conspiracy theorists will love you!

You mean the 11-9 theorists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

When I get a phone call from an unrecognized number and the person calling just assumes I know who they are and what they want.

Its like playing 'Guess Who'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Loud people on the train

Went to BOI ATM after 6PM outside bank of Ireland . One of Two machines working and theres a fupping queue.
    Sod that. Didn't bother with queue Walked home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

leo and his parish priest comment, (he said what he said) and then the folk that quote what he said but don't say what he said, He said Parish priest.....Not Catholic Priest, Don't know who is worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Raging at my bf cos he took a pic of me with the girls and I’m like you never told me I got fat you big dirty bastard

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement