Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NARGC

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

smmember20 wrote: »
    Not an unreasonable observation in the current climate, after all all you need is to have a dog in your house to be a target of criminals, when now that you can easily be identifed as a gun owner by way of the mail sent by a national organisation always talking about protecting their members............well maybe a change in the 10 years of doing the same thing needs a little more investigation than fob of with we will assess the situation, a blind man can tell that there is increased security risk from such, even the Gardai recomend not putting stickers on your car that would ientify you as a firearms owner!!!

So i should take the "Insured by Smith and Wesson" and "I shot J.R" stickers off the bumper of the Cortina ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Willow2009

garv123 wrote: »
    When I renew my licence I tell the guy in the post office to close his eyes so he doesn't see my address and I wear my tinfoil hat.
    Works a treat!

Brilliant !!! What ever works for you ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Max H

A further email from Chris at NARGC, they are actively looking at an opaque cover for the magazine next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭J.R.

I was very surprised that the UK numbers were lower than Ireland...considering the country size.

Engagement overall is very poor.

548215.JPG
    548216.JPG

Survey Link http://www.face.eu/survey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭J.R.

NARGC BAG RETURN COMPETITION

NARGC BAG RETURNS.

I won €200 prize in the NARGC bag returns competition.

Absolutely delighted!!

548301.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Anyone do that lead survey?

omg, the worst constructed survey EVER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭ace86

J.R. wrote: »

NARGC BAG RETURNS.

Absolutely delighted!!

548301.jpg
    Well done on that do you mind me asking what kind of returns you made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Thats brilliant J.R. , congrats!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

slipperyox wrote: »
    Anyone do that lead survey?

omg, the worst constructed survey EVER
    I gave up about 10 questions in it’s worse than pulling teeth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭GooseB

There were only 13 questions - you were almost there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

J.R. wrote: »

NARGC BAG RETURNS.

Absolutely delighted!!

548301.jpg

Well Done!

The bag returns are a brilliant part of the new website.
    They also let you count buzzards and the species in the off season.

I heard they will do another draw later this year.
    Bag returns will be crucial in the future. We have numpties saying x species is declining and our bag returns are proof that we are harvesting a sustainable surplus.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭no_4

yea Q 11 is a doozy!! but i persevered ans odne it
    tikkamark wrote: »

NARGC WAtch:

EGM on the 24th July (Pandemic measures permitting) to do elections and resolutions left over from last AGM that was held via zoom.

Regular Governing Body meeting afterwards.

Social distance measures in place and only 2 delegates per RGC as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Fair play to the the Chairman and the lads for keeping things going during the last 12 months.
    I know there are plenty of lads with new ideas that are trying to get involved so this could be an interesting election.
    Anyone elected now will they be in position for a year or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Not bothered normally

Backbarrel wrote: »
    Fair play to the the Chairman and the lads for keeping things going during the last 12 months.
    I know there are plenty of lads with new ideas that are trying to get involved so this could be an interesting election.
    Anyone elected now will they be in position for a year or what?

the chairman is doing a good job in a tough year.

one long standing member of the executive resigned in recent days

not sure there will be any new faces with the big voting block that exits which keeps electing the same faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭richiedel123

the chairman is doing a good job in a tough year.

one long standing member of the executive resigned in recent days

not sure there will be any new faces with the big voting block that exits which keeps electing the same faces.
    Like all organisations things can get stale after time. A bit of change is no harm. Brings in new ideas etc....
    In fairness though it has been a tough year or so and the crowd involved now did a great job. My hat is off to them

Like all organisations things can get stale after time. A bit of change is no harm. Brings in new ideas etc....
    In fairness though it has been a tough year or so and the crowd involved now did a great job. My hat is off to them

A bit of change is no harm.

Plenty of challenges ahead and plenty of work to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭richiedel123

berettaman wrote: »
    A bit of change is no harm.

Plenty of challenges ahead and plenty of work to be done.

Well if the last 2 years is anything to go anything could crop up at any time
    I think a solid executive with hard workers is needed more than anything.I'll be onto my county reps to make sure they vote the best way possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

I can't believe that they still have that stupid rule about having to be a member of an affiliated club, to be a member of the NARGC Compensation Scheme.

They are restricting their ability to grow massively, not to mention retain members who leave affiliated clubs etc.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Its the Constitution, membership of the fund is through a Club affiliated to a Region, which is in turn affiliated to the NARGC. The process of joining is quite simple its like any Club. Your proposed, seconded and voted in, some Clubs have a probation period others don't.

Thanks Cavan Shooter, I know exactly how it works - but you forgot to mention things like most hunting clubs being closed to new members, or only permitting people from their local parish to join them.

There are lots of people shooting, who don't want to be in a club, or are in a club that isn't affiliated with the NARGC, or perhaps live in a region where there's no affiliated club, why should they be prohibited from joining?

NARGC is supposed to be for everyone - but it's current constitution makes it an exclusive club, where not everyone can be a member! That's a real shame, as they are clearly trying to do a lot of good things.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I see what your saying, open membership would be interesting but I don't think it will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,070 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I'll have to put in a critique here too on NARGC admin or interest in setting up new NARGC affiliated clubs

For the last ten years or so, I've been trying to set up in my parish a game club shooting club. As we are Nth of Limerick and still an open parish and land for shooting, and have had nothing since the mid-80s when the last non-affiliated GPA died off thru literally old age of its members.. .

I've left enough messages to NARGC HQ ,pre and post the "revolution"on could they please get their local county rep to contact me to see what would be required to get this project started and literally since the last contact I made to NARGC HQ 2 years ago via phone and email....Crickets!... With that attitude and response, I just couldn't be arsed trying anymore.

That's a sad reflection on the largest and professional rep body of shooters in this country, that no one could even bother to pick up a phone or send an email and return a call to someone wanting to put it on the line and start something to increase their membership and budget in the long term.

And then we wonder why shooting is in decline as a sport in Ireland?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

That's very disapointing Grizz.

I've spoken with a couple of the well known NARGC officials, over the last month or two, and while I think they've an appreciation for some of the issues, they don't seem to have the desire, to try and change things.

Whether that's because they don't think they'll get the support, or because they think it'll be too much trouble, or something else, I'm not sure - but it's incredible to think that the organisation doesn't want to draw in new membership of any significance, or even fight to retain members that it'll otherwise lose.

You'd think that they would be working hard to grow, be it to have more political influence, raise more funds, help pool skills and resources etc.

As things stand, no one is getting the best out of the NARGC, unfortunitely - be they members, or not.

Thanks,

G.

NARGC AGM re scheduled for 28 August, all going well, covid etc...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

MODERATOR WARNING

@Rows Grower and @Grizzly 45

The two of you can cut out the quips and jibes at each other. If you're not capable of posting in the same thread without being civil I'll remove the ability for you both to post on the forum.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement