Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Well as the usual personal attacks are starting I'm going to leave this thread before it turns back into abusive posts about me. Toodles.

Oh ffs. Always the victim.
    When you have views that are clearly ridiculous to most people, and accuse others with quite reasonable views as being transphobic, you can expect to be challenged. It’s not a ‘personal attack’.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Oh ffs. Always the victim.
    When you have views that are clearly ridiculous to most people, and accuse others with quite reasonable views as being transphobic, you can expect to be challenged. It’s not a ‘personal attack’.

The ability to give it out but then go whining about being picked on, insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Acceptance is the first stage of recovery.

Literally zero self-awareness.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

Biological male who identifies as female commits many sexual crimes against boys and girls. Also chooses to identify as male when it suits him.
    Was in court, for different crimes, on the same day, as a man and as a woman!
    The trauma of being trans was his/her defence.

When we allow the denial of biological reality, and vilify the women who object to it by allowing bullying terms such as TERF, this is what we get:

https://twitter.com/WomenReadWomen/status/1323430870326210560?s=20

ingalway wrote: »
    Biological male who identifies as female commits many sexual crimes against boys and girls. Also chooses to identify as male when it suits him.

When we allow the denial of biological reality, and vilify the women who object to it by allowing bullying terms such as TERF, this is what we get:

Waiting for the resident TRA defender on here to come and tell us how this poor “whatever” was driven to it by us evil TERFs’ PR campaign!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

ingalway wrote: »

what a shock...who ever would have guessed that they could be sick in the head.
    The death penalty for anyone who messes with kids should be introduced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

This is a member of our Senate. Charming. And the last sentence has menacing implications.

https://twitter.com/hoeyannie/status/1315326910453383170?s=21

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

typical labour uneducated muppet.

you think at her age she would have the most basic comprehension of biology

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Not a good look for Labour. I mean you could just say that transwomen are women without telling people to suck coal. A bit aggressive from a senator but if that's labour's opninion....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deBeauvoir

There is a PR effort to delegitimize trans people and their rights. Both from the conservatives and TERFs (or as they now like to call themselves "gender critical" a euphemism akin to white supremacists calling themselves “race realists.”)

"TERF ideology has become the de facto face of feminism in the UK, helped along by media leadership from Rupert Murdoch and the Times of London"
    Vox article

I'm sure J.K. Rowling and Graham Linehan are also throwing some money into the pot in their campaign against transgender people.

Most of the media on YouTube is also pushing this anti-transgender activism.

It seems to me that these TERF feminists were more than happy to use the LGBTQ community's oppression to garner more sympathy for the coalition that they were part of and in turn gain more rights and benefits for themselves. But now that the attention has shifted to the trans community and we are trying to help them progress, these feminists then turn on us. They need to use the woman construct to keep the attention on them. Feminism was supposed to be about equality for ALL.

Just like the conservatives, they're turning on trans people as the next slippery slope which apparently is destroying our social norms and western civilization, where have I heard that before?

Btw, trans lives matter more than segregated sports for your amusement. Sports are for physical exercise and entertainment and it should not be taken so seriously to be more important than allowing transgendered people to take part in them. It's not important what trivial records you set and what useless trophies you win. What use are these things when in the future transhumanists and robots will be beating them all.

Get some perspective of what's really important here!

• Advertisement

deBeauvoir wrote: »
    Btw, trans lives matter more than segregated sports for your amusement. Sports are for physical exercise and entertainment and it should not be taken so seriously to be more important than allowing transgendered people to take part in them. It's not important what trivial records you set and what useless trophies you win.

If sports aren’t important then why does it matter to transgender people? Are they important or aren’t they?

If sports aren’t important then why does it matter to transgender people? Are they important or aren’t they?

I was talking about the sports achievements that everyone seems to complain about. Everyone should be able to participate and what matters most is that and physical exercise

I was talking about the sports achievements that everyone seems to complain about. Everyone should be able to participate and what matters most is that and physical exercise

I play no sports and prior to being ill, taking physical exercise was never an problem. Nothing is stopping anyone keeping fit. If sporting achievements are no big deal then that should hold for every demographic. It’s totally hypocritical to say that sports are crucial for transgender men and women but not for women.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Thats like saying if Johnny from down the road can't play with Ronaldo then professional football should be dismantled because it makes it unfair. Rather than Johnny just accepting that he can't play against Ronaldo and sticking to where he is more suited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

This is the essence of happy-clappy ''participation awards'' for everyone. No one can be better than anyone else in this neurotic dictatorship, cut off the heads of the high achievers to get the beloved equity.
    The truth is there are female sports competitors who are superlative and extraordinary, who work day in day out to be magnificent, who are superhuman compared to regular ladies like me who put in a walk in the day and call it exercise. That people who have gone through the undoubted performance enhancement of male puberty could come along and walk all over that is a disgrace. And that the defeated females are supposed to be compensated by ''participation awards'' is Maoist in its evilness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Wasn’t Fallon Fox’s achievement in breaking a woman’s skull a wonderful achievement? How lucky was Taika Brents that she got to participate in physical exercise. /s

If you go through male puberty you will always have an advantage over a biological female. You should never be participating in contact sports against biological females because you are more likely to seriously injure them. These are the facts and facts should always come before feelings.

mohawk wrote: »
    Wasn’t Fallon Fox’s achievement in breaking a woman’s skull a wonderful achievement? How lucky was Taika Brents that she got to participate in physical exercise. /s

If you go through male puberty you will always have an advantage over a biological female. You should never be participating in contact sports against biological females because you are more likely to seriously injure them. These are the facts and facts should always come before feelings.

At the heart of this gender bull**** is misogyny - pure old fashioned hatred of women.

Whether it’s wanting to hurt women, make them feel unsafe in rape shelters, domestic violence shelters or medical facilities or housing make bodied rapists in remake prisons - or like Fox and Mounsey in sports - endangering the lives, its all about men hating women.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    At the heart of this gender bull**** is misogyny - pure old fashioned hatred of women.

Whether it’s wanting to hurt women, make them feel unsafe in rape shelters, domestic violence shelters or medical facilities or housing make bodied rapists in remake prisons - or like Fox and Mounsey in sports - endangering the lives, its all about men hating women.

I don't think so. All the men I have consulted on this are bemused by gender theory ideology, my brothers, my sons, himself - they think it is actually so ridiculous it is not even worth thinking about. For the moment. My husband often says to me why do you ''speak up'' when you are just going to get battered online by anonymous extremists. What trouble are you up to now, he laughs at me. Because he sees it as only possible that extremists could support radical gender theory ideology. I think women are speaking up more because they are feeling the first rubber hitting the road of social policies enacted by ideologically possessed administrators, eg in sports, representation etc. When I mentioned to himself about the prisoner going to women's jail in Limerick he said ''You're having a fcuking laugh!''.
    But it is not about men hating women - it is about an attempt to impose ideology on reality. Men and women are supporters of that gender theory ideology. I don't think it cracks along gender lines, except maybe in the vocal resistance. Mostly because the lads (well the ones I know) are still thinking get up the yard with that shyte!

Gruffalux wrote: »
    I don't think so. All the men I have consulted on this are bemused by gender theory ideology, my brothers, my sons, himself - they think it is actually so ridiculous it is not even worth thinking about. For the moment. My husband often says to me why do you ''speak up'' when you are just going to get battered online by anonymous extremists. What trouble are you up to now, he laughs at me. Because he sees it as only possible that extremists could support radical gender theory ideology. I think women are speaking up more because they are feeling the first rubber hitting the road of social policies enacted by ideologically possessed administrators, eg in sports, representation etc. When I mentioned to himself about the prisoner going to women's jail in Limerick he said ''You're having a fcuking laugh!''.
    But it is not about men hating women - it is about an attempt to impose ideology on reality. Men and women are supporters of that gender theory ideology. I don't think it cracks along gender lines, except maybe in the vocal resistance. Mostly because the lads (well the ones I know) are still thinking get up the yard with that shyte!

Not all men - the likes of that sicko Jonathan Yavin and others; lot of misogyny there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 speelunker22

There is a PR effort to delegitimize trans people and their rights. Both from the conservatives and TERFs (or as they now like to call themselves "gender critical" a euphemism akin to white supremacists calling themselves “race realists.”)

Really? Are you seriously going to equate people that wish to understand, discuss, debate and come to consensus on serious issues that affect ALL humans with white supremacists ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Really? Are you seriously going to equate people that wish to understand, discuss, debate and come to consensus on serious issues that affect ALL humans with white supremacists ?

Yep. I’d believe that that is what they are seriously suggesting. These folk have gone so far down the woke hole they cannot see the wood from the trees.

Their post also stinks of narcissism.

Gruffalux wrote: »

I'm the extremist? Am I?

The United Nations and many of their ambassadors would disagree with you
    https://twitter.com/UN_Women/status/1271526448147415040
    https://twitter.com/un_women/status/1272232350374596611

The World Health Organization which is part of the UN
    https://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/health-determinants/gender/news/news/2019/5/moving-one-step-closer-to-better-health-and-rights-for-transgender-people

European Union
    https://www.ilga-europe.org/what-we-do/our-advocacy-work/trans-and-intersex/trans

The World Economic Forum
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/07/gender-where-feminist-movements-and-lgbti-movements-meet/

ACLU
    https://www.aclu.org/news/lgbt-rights/four-myths-about-trans-athletes-debunked/

If you haven't noticed the trend, all international organizations and western governments are supporting the recognition of transgender identity and expressions, and are helping change society to accommodate them. Many more are getting on board, so if I'm the extremist, then so are they!

The ignorance that people don't realize that women too can transition. So this isn't just about men transitioning. Talk about misogyny!
    Gervais08 wrote: »

Nobody hates women. This is just the common reaction that we saw from MGTOW and MRM when women were being given rights to equal the playing field. The reaction is to always feel threatened as if it's some kind of zero-sum game.

Sport is a job and trans people can work just as hard as anybody. I would imagine being rejected because you transitioned would constitute discrimination by EU laws.
    https://tgeu.org/eu-law/
    ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Thats like saying if Johnny from down the road can't play with Ronaldo then professional football should be dismantled because it makes it unfair. Rather than Johnny just accepting that he can't play against Ronaldo and sticking to where he is more suited.

Johnny can't play in the premier league, but Johnny still has plenty of options to still participate in sport. There are many leagues for Johnny to choose from that he may best be accustomed to, so no one is suggesting dismantling sports. We really don't disagree when you think about it. There's always a place for everybody in sports.

Sport can also be adapted, such as having mixed teams or new divisions or leagues even with different rules. It's not like it's an intractable problem.

What will men and women do in the future with transhumanism? You could say that many of our professional athletes have an unfair advantage to those of the past with medical science allowing them faster recovery and better health to maximize their performance and beat old records.

Eliud Kipchoge accomplished a sub-2-hour marathon with the aid of technology
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVXrIaPuP7c

Having transgender people in the Olympics would be a great accomplishment in promoting them and their issues to the world especially countries that are closed off to this.

I'm the extremist? Am I?

Oh well, if famed biologist Daniel Radcliffe says so, then it must be true.

Transgender women are transgender women and forever male.
    Transgender men are transgender men and forever female.
    Transgender women being male means that they have many irreversible physical advantages over women. And no, hormone therapy does not extinguish most of them. World Rugby applied science to the common sense we can all see with our own eyes and deemed that women were at risk of very serious injury from transgender women in play. But LOL, silly women and their silly worries, right? Feelz are more important than safety apparently.

I'm the extremist? Am I?

The World Health Organization which is part of the UN
    https://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/health-determinants/gender/news/news/2019/5/moving-one-step-closer-to-better-health-and-rights-for-transgender-people

European Union
    https://www.ilga-europe.org/what-we-do/our-advocacy-work/trans-and-intersex/trans

The World Economic Forum
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/07/gender-where-feminist-movements-and-lgbti-movements-meet/

ACLU
    https://www.aclu.org/news/lgbt-rights/four-myths-about-trans-athletes-debunked/

If you haven't noticed the trend, all international organizations and western governments are supporting the recognition of transgender identity and expressions, and are helping change society to accommodate them. Many more are getting on board, so if I'm the extremist, then so are they!

The ignorance that people don't realize that women too can transition. So this isn't just about men transitioning. Talk about misogyny!

Nobody hates women. This is just the common reaction that we saw from MGTOW and MRM when women were being given rights to equal the playing field. The reaction is to always feel threatened as if it's some kind of zero-sum game.

Sport is a job and trans people can work just as hard as anybody. I would imagine being rejected because you transitioned would constitute discrimination by EU laws.
    https://tgeu.org/eu-law/

Johnny can't play in the premier league, but Johnny still has plenty of options to still participate in sport. There are many leagues for Johnny to choose from that he may best be accustomed to, so no one is suggesting dismantling sports. We really don't disagree when you think about it. There's always a place for everybody in sports.

Sport can also be adapted, such as having mixed teams or new divisions or leagues even with different rules. It's not like it's an intractable problem.

What will men and women do in the future with transhumanism? You could say that many of our professional athletes have an unfair advantage to those of the past with medical science allowing them faster recovery and better health to maximize their performance and beat old records.

Eliud Kipchoge accomplished a sub-2-hour marathon with the aid of technology
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVXrIaPuP7c

Having transgender people in the Olympics would be a great accomplishment in promoting them and their issues to the world especially countries that are closed off to this.

UN, WHO, EU, ACLU - I ain't the type to have my head turned by the ideologues in globalist or ultra-left institutions and organisations. Others may be impressed by their "respectable" credentials but I am not. I worked in an EU body in Europe when younger, these places are full of PC apparatchiks trained in academic institutions just for this purpose - the long march through the institutions, as others refer to it. It might have been there that my eyes started opening to reality. So I will not be turning in my brain for retraining to such people or their organisations. Note Biden's entrainment to radical ideology and critical theory in the cultural left has him promising to pass immediate laws to enable males to participate in female sport, and to promote the nonsense of transgender children. I am glad. It is a quickening. All infections are better off coming to the surface. Be careful what you wish for..
    And your casual mention of transhumanism verifies a relationship that I have known about for a long time. The supposedly glorious transhumanist future of pan sexuality and Mr Potato Head bodies with put on and take off parts. Welcome to your pharmaceutical futures. Enjoy the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

mohawk wrote: »

Nobody ever mentions that the estrogen they take when transitioning helps prevent loss of bone density. In that case transwomen actually have an advantage over other biological men.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

derfderf wrote: »
    Nobody ever mentions that the estrogen they take when transitioning helps prevent loss of bone density. In that case transwomen actually have an advantage over other biological men.
    No they don't. Yes oestrogen helps with bone density, but testosterone more so. Men start with higher bone density and lose it at a slower rate than women. M-F trans typically have lower bone density than men, but higher than women.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I have not been all that interested in Graham Linehan's thing, though he was subjected to a similar cancel effort as Rowling. But I have cast my eye over this recent article written by someone else on his blog site. I did not even read the words in between the screenshots, or pictures. Just a scroll down through the pictures is enough to get the message. And it is truly rather bizarre.

https://grahamlinehan.substack.com/p/woman-is-not-a-dirty-word

Forbes Science, Friends of the Earth, Open Clinic NHS, Tampax (the sanitary product company), La Leche League USA, Amnesty International, The Vagina Museum, SANDS (a bereavement service regarding still birth), FemCare, a cervical cancer trust, Cancer Research UK, are all twisting themselves in knots and neologisms to avoid the use of simple words like woman or mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Never ceases to amaze me how language and reality are being contorted to appease the extremely esoteric ruminations of a fraction of 1% of the population. Well i'm not going along with it and will resist it at every turn.

Never ceases to amaze me how language and reality are being contorted to appease the extremely esoteric ruminations of a fraction of 1% of the population. Well i'm not going along with it and will resist it at every turn.

What choice do we (especially women) have if the UN, the WHO, the Cancer Research people, Amnesty International, the whole shagging woke lot of them have started to actually call us in public, straight to our faces ''menstruators'', ''chest feeders'' and ''people with cervix''? You'd have to laugh or you'd cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

It would be a little easier to take if it was Also happening to men but they are still mentioned. I haven't heard people with testicles yet we are people with vaginas.

It's weird. It sounds weird.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement