Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 speelunker22

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Well basically there is no head TERF who organized the campaign and is funding it.

What happens is that one TERF claims it is an insult to shut down and derail discussion. Other TERFs see that it's marginally effective and start to do the same. The result is a marginally effective PR campaign against the term.

But if the term is being used to describe people that hold "anti-trans" views surely the thing to do would be to avoid using it at all so that discussion can be respectful and possibly lead to some level of understanding and acceptance of different viewpoints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

>99%

Jesus H Christ.

You’re deep in the Woke Hole.

You might enjoy this article.

https://spectator.us/cisgendered-menstruators-erase-identity/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Gruffalux wrote: »
    I feel like I am taking crazy pills :)

Better that that some who’ve clearly overdosed on them ...!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Jesus H Christ.

https://spectator.us/cisgendered-menstruators-erase-identity/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Please tell me that ****e is a parody????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Are you even a tiny bit aware of how bat **** delusional your posts are ?

There is no shadowy cabal against you or an orchestrated “PR campaign”.

There are just women who are sick of men wanting to invade our safe spaces; sick of being told that we aren’t women - we are “cervix holders” and “menstruators” and heartily sick of seeing you people tell us that science and biology are not real and the bloke in the dress is a woman.

It’s pathetic and devious.

It’s a cult.

Rigid adherence to absolute f*ckery and derision and bile vomited on anyone with an alternate opinion. Particularly so if the alternate view is held by a woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Gruffalux wrote: »
    I feel like I am taking crazy pills :)

Acceptance is the first stage of recovery.

It is, but sh1t scary that you’d have to stop and question that it is, in fact, sarcasm.

Although I think some here would agree with everything in it.

It’s a cult.

Rigid adherence to absolute f*ckery and derision and bile vomited on anyone with an alternate opinion. Particularly so if the alternate view is held by a woman.

Considering I haven't insulted anyone in this thread but have been called "pathetic loser", "evil", and "****" I assume you are referring to the TERF viewpoint.

Look I get that this echo chamber thread was created so TERFs could pretend they have a majority view. I get that it's upsetting to people to realise that they're not actually in the majority.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Pretty much every TERF on this thread. Some are more vocal against the term than others though.
    Strange days indeed when me of all people are lumped in with feminists. Then again if I'm agreeing with feminists and vice versa it must be because of actual obvious as the nose on one's face facts. Though apparently having a y chromosome and a set of meat and two veg isn't a bar to be a women so not so strange. In lala land.

For me Eskimohunt summed it up in the very first page of this thread:
    As a committed member of the LGBT community, I find what is happening re: gender/sex to be nothing short of appalling.

You cannot change biological sex. There is no standard for "feeling like a woman". I am a man, and I have no idea what "feeling like a man" is, so how can biologically-born women "feel" this?

Second, you cannot be born into stereotypes. Long hair, make-up, attraction to pink etc., are all social constructions. You cannot be born into a social construction.

Third, biological sex is XX and XY. There are some aberrations, such as Kleinfelters, XXY etc., but these are aberrations. The claim here is that biological men or women can switch chromosomal sex. It is not possible.

Fourth, this is the only trans- category that is taken seriously by society. For example - there are some people who are able-bodied, but believe they were "born disabled". There are some in society now arguing that we should have the State pay for these people to become disabled to meet their "mental image". This is the equivalent of saying to an anorexic person, "you are fine the way you are, it has nothing to do with mental dysphoria".

There are many trans- men/women who are equally as appalled by what is going on, especially regarding the gender identity question.

I, as a member of the LGBT community, get completely sidelined. When people speak to me privately about this issue, they agree with me. But they dare not say it in public.

An extremist identity politics minority have taken over. They are vocal and dangerous and are destroying societal norms as we know them to be.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Jesus H Christ.

That article is hilarious,

Cisgender birthing units, Notice they put ‘lady dick’ in inverted commas as a way to question and therefore diminish the validity of my female penis, a menstruator having a miscarriage.
    Honestly, you would not believe how precious these fetus incubators are when it comes to words like ‘Mother’!

It reads like satire.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Good god I hope it is. "Non-trans uterus owners" indeed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Wibbs wrote: »
    Good god I hope it is. "Non-trans uterus owners" indeed.

It has to be. Birthing units.

Considering I haven't insulted anyone in this thread but have been called "pathetic loser", "evil", and "****" I assume you are referring to the TERF viewpoint.

Look I get that this echo chamber thread was created so TERFs could pretend they have a majority view. I get that it's upsetting to people to realise that they're not actually in the majority.

I don’t suppose you have anything to actually back up your assertion that greater that 99% of the Irish population think men can be women and are supportive of the absolute misogynistic cult that is radical trans activism.

Echo chamber indeed.

Catch yourself on ffs.

That article is hilarious,

Cisgender birthing units, Notice they put ‘lady dick’ in inverted commas as a way to question and therefore diminish the validity of my female penis, a menstruator having a miscarriage.
    Honestly, you would not believe how precious these fetus incubators are when it comes to words like ‘Mother’!

It reads like satire.

It is satire. It is tagged as humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

>99%

:)

I don’t suppose you have anything to actually back up your assertion that greater that 99% of the Irish population think men can be women and are supportive of the absolute misogynistic cult that is radical trans activism.

Echo chamber indeed.

Catch yourself on ffs.

I encourage you to step away from the keyboard and talk to people in your life about this topic. You'll quickly see that I'm correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

TERFs are a tiny percentage of women. Don't fall for their tricks that they are representative of women in general at all.

There are a tiny percentage of men who believe they are women.

There are a tiny percentage of women who believe they are men.

There are a tiny percentage of people who appear to believe that feminism is about humiliating and intimidating women and girls who don’t share their beliefs.

I encourage you to step away from the keyboard and talk to people in your life about this topic. You'll quickly see that I'm correct.

I’d encourage you to once in your existence on this thread to answer a straight question.

Which of us two do you think is more likely to take the other’s advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

I talked to people about you and this topic, they said you're wrong. They said people with your ideas are Nonbelieving Of Biology,or NOBs. I'll go with that acronym now as you insist, so stop being a NOB.

There are a tiny percentage of people who appear to believe that feminism is about humiliating and intimidating women and girls who don’t share their beliefs.

I completely agree. The people who do that are a tiny percentage as I've been saying all along.

• Advertisement

Smacruairi wrote: »
    I talked to people about you and this topic, they said you're wrong. They said people with your ideas are Nonbelieving Of Biology,or NOBs. I'll go with that acronym now as you insist, so stop being a NOB.

Oh wow you talk to people about me. I'm honoured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

Oh wow you talk to people about me. I'm honoured.

Yup, at lunch when gender politics comes up we feel it is really important to discuss calling out NOBs when they condone the harassment of women. NOBs should call out other NOBs for harassing behavior like the examples shown earlier

I’d encourage you to once in your existence on this thread to answer a straight question.

Which of us two do you think is more likely to take the other’s advice?

There really are no negatives to discussing with your social circle these issues. I genuinely think you should.

It is satire. It is tagged as humour.

It is indeed satire.

But, many of the phrases used in the article are taken verbatim from serious articles/charities/individuals etc. These people live among us.

Thankfully I doubt they’re the 99% though.

Smacruairi wrote: »
    Yup, at lunch when gender politics comes up we feel it is really important to discuss calling out NOBs when they condone the harassment of women. NOBs should call out other NOBs for harassing behavior like the examples shown earlier

By harassment of women you mean TERFs harassing transwomen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Do we really need offsite parody like that Spectator US piece (great btw) when this thread has a few one of the "99%" supplying endless material?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I completely agree. The people who do that are a tiny percentage as I've been saying all along.

Don’t be coy L, you know that’s exactly what you’re doing when you refer to women who don’t share your beliefs as TERFs and try to downplay gaslighting behaviour as “respectful debate” and try and twist what I’ve said to say that I have an issue with determining subgroups.

Men who experience gender dysphoria are still men, and women who experience gender dysphoria are still women. Their interests are not served by your identity politics shenanigans.

Well as the usual personal attacks are starting I'm going to leave this thread before it turns back into abusive posts about me. Toodles.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Wibbs wrote: »
    Strange days indeed when me of all people are lumped in with feminists.

:D

"I hear you're a TERF now Father..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

>99%

What do you base that on?

You don't think that TERF is an insult?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement