Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

After a little help from a sibling, the E46 got to its new lodgings with no issues.

512543.jpg

512544.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

E04-D74-AF-F89-B-46-D3-B554-7634-D4700-CFD.jpg

6-F976-DD6-FD87-4-DAB-9-D7-B-99-AF40-F3-E48-A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Teaser pic while I await picking it up from a ceramic coating tomorrow.

IMG-20200512-WA0021.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

First wash since August. It scrubs up great and is wearing its 17 years and 220,000 miles quite well. 11 years and 140,000 miles since I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

high horse wrote: »
    First wash since August. It scrubs up great and is wearing its 17 years and 220,000 miles quite well. 11 years and 140,000 miles since I bought it.

Picture attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Found this print while cleaning out a room at the weekend, 10 years ago next month...

bora-inters.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

TDi poooooooowwwwwaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

German font plates are so "felt" these days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bazz26 wrote: »
    German font plates are so "felt" these days. :)

They are on so many levels of wrong

TDi poooooooowwwwwaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....lad.

Supercharged TDI lad! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

That was a class Bora

hooch-85 wrote: »
    That was a class Bora

It was, had it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You were something of a pioneer with the Bora.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

In other news, I picked up a Micra. Might actually see this one out and do a few bits to it, just get it tidied up. It's gone but not too far gone to pull it back.

She's a decent spec, electric windows, remote locking, fogs, Nissan alloys, sunroof yada yada. If you actually concentrate on how it looks, I think there's a bit of retro cool in it.

The owner was lovely, gave me a motorists prayer and a rock shandy bottle full of Holy water. Found a tape still in the tape deck and bonus points for the Padre Pio disc holder too!

It needs bits and pieces but I think it's generally sound, I haven't had much of a chance to look at it yet. It drove home brilliantly. Will clean the jaysis out of it over time and see if it's worth putting a bit of time into.

I'd love to get a classic policy on it and drive it as it still has a hape of tax and test but I think it's too new and too Japanese for that (someone prove me wrong).

Enjoy.

20200518-204508.jpg

20200518-204604.jpg

20200515-123841.jpg

20200518-204737.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Drop it and fit a turbo and it would be cool....

Jaysus had some amount of those and sold a load too....

Great car.

Yeah I flipped loads of them in the mid to late 00's people were mad for them. Takes me right back being in one now, genuinely.

The facelift ones don’t have the raw charm of the earlier ones! Bought a few of these through the years to flip, always needed cv joints.
    They were immensely popular around West Dublin back in the day. Young people had no bother owning one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

*shudder* I did my driving lessons in a brand new one back in 2000, while named on the father's 1 year old Passat diesel.. felt like getting in a matchbox after the VW... I could never warm to them!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The facelift ones don’t have the raw charm of the earlier ones! Bought a few of these through the years to flip, always needed cv joints.
    They were immensely popular around West Dublin back in the day. Young people had no bother owning one.

Agreed the facelift isn't as appealing as the early 90's ones but I think it's getting there and this one does need a passenger side CV joint!

I think those later ones had pretty high spec rear speakers in the parcel shelf? Or was it the very last ones with the kinda pink rear lights?

Fog lights on those were always blinding too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

tossy wrote: »
    Found this print while cleaning out a room at the weekend, 10 years ago next month...
    Still on the road somewhere as it was tested up to 09/05/2020 (so presumably extended like the rest by 4 months)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Had one as my first car years ago. Looking back I actually miss it a bit. I've a fond memory of getting it up to 100 mph once :D

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think those later ones had pretty high spec rear speakers in the parcel shelf? Or was it the very last ones with the kinda pink rear lights?

Fog lights on those were always blinding too!

Yeah this has the big speakers in the shelf, they look like a dealer fit job. Has a Philip's radio too that looks like it might have been good back in 2000.

It's all very 90's Nissan in it, I forgot how much I liked that type of thing with all these German cars corrupting me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

What is on the tape?

Yeah this has the big speakers in the shelf, they look like a dealer fit job. Has a Philip's radio too that looks like it might have been good back in 2000.

It's all very 90's Nissan in it, I forgot how much I liked that type of thing with all these German cars corrupting me.

Pretty sure the speakers were factory, you have to unplug them if you’re taking the shelf out.
    What is on the tape?
    I traded in a 98 Corolla in 08 with 30k or something on it. Car was like new.

There was a tape in it of the Angelus, just taped off the radio.

Sold it to my aunt, she still has it.

That the way these are. They look oem from above but the cut out looks rough below, done with a block connector for removing the shelf. Amazing the boring things you end up remembering with cars :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Great buy TFB. I had this auto one from the nuns last year, it had the rear speakers too

49910105148_bc49a4c729_z.jpg

This is real anorak stuff, but why are the door trims on this different to the ones on yours?

I think you're right about the retro-ish look, especially from the back. The orange in the rear lens helps

Great buy TFB. I had this auto one from the nuns last year, it had the rear speakers too

9782-E15-A-C336-4-F48-B6-AE-2386630-A8799.jpg

This is real anorak stuff, but why are the door trims on this different to the ones on yours?

I think you're right about the retro-ish look, especially from the back. The orange in the rear lens helps

Yours is a facelift facelift.
    They have pink rear lights too. They also had light grey plastics instead of black, they’re not just faded, they came like that.

Haha indeed, a facelift facelift is right.

Wont ban colm for quoting a pic either if he gets his act together quick :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Haha indeed, a facelift facelift is right.

Wont ban colm for quoting a pic either if he gets his act together quick :)

I still have the book pack somewhere at home for that silver one, is it any use to you?

Advertisement