Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Like the rest of us giving it a wash as cant drive it far :pac: :p
    Added some gel badges to the wheels and front and back.
    qSFlwKn.jpg
    TdesYwV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’d love to play the old Gran Turismo again, very disappointed it wasn’t on the mini PlayStation yoke. I’m sure I have the discs somewhere, found Colin McRae Rally for PS1 last week, and have a PS2 knocking around somewhere.

For a car nerd, GT was unreal.

You could mod the PS mini to play any game you want.

I used to mod every console I owned back in the day but for the past at least 7 years I have been buying every game I play. Just to support the developers. But I would have no problem modding a PS mini due to the games being years old and the money will not go to developers anyway. But I have no interest in owning a PS mini anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,393 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I only bought it cos it was reduced €30.

Not even worth that because of the selection of games on it. Destruction Derby was way worse than I remembered!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah I bought one to play the original GTA, hard to believe that was all we had and we loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So, with it being a nice day here in good old pain the arse warsaw I thought I'd treat the outback to it's first wash since February.
    Have been remote working for six weeks so washing the car isn't a priority.
    Did the deed and when I was drying it spotted three cracks in the back bumper which for ****ing sure weren't there in February.
    Raging, looking for the car parked in our garage that could have done this will be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Picked up a 330d form up North few weeks before the lock-down.

509088.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭maddness

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’d love to play the old Gran Turismo again, very disappointed it wasn’t on the mini PlayStation yoke. I’m sure I have the discs somewhere, found Colin McRae Rally for PS1 last week, and have a PS2 knocking around somewhere.

For a car nerd, GT was unreal.

I played GT to death on my PS1 and 2 but then met my now wife so that was the end if that.
    Until this whole situation started as I bought a PS4 online from Smyth’s a few weeks ago and said it was for the kids.
    I’ve been playing Gran Turismo Sport ever since. I feel like I’m 20 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Wailin

Lol same. Mid 40's and playing F1 2018 on the ps4. Also have Dirt which is pretty good too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    Picked up a 330d form up North few weeks before the lock-down.

Lovely, well wear but I hope those colored grill strips were the first things to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

@davidgkanza I didn't yesterday anyway was in Blackpool but didn't go past there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Lovely, well wear but I hope those colored grill strips were the first things to go?

Thanks, keeping the strips for now, they go well with the car. They're not as bright in real life as in this HDR photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Wailin wrote: »
    Lol same. Mid 40's and playing F1 2018 on the ps4. Also have Dirt which is pretty good too!!

You should check out project cars 2. I'm playing that and a game called assetto corsa on the pc at the moment. They're both savage especially with the g29 wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cian86

Mk1 TT quattro - after being painted and awaiting a wheel refurb. And an NCT...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

The TT looks the business, fair play sorting it out. Got the sponge out today.
    IMG-20200414-202627.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Picked this up a while ago for the odd bit of towing we do, 2.5 DSE. Nicely spec'd and well looked after, a lovely change from the Sportage it replaced, although that was a great yoke too.

49786049736_f18eb114d6_z.jpg

49785511428_57f8e8db84_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

ESIdFaf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Stunning colour in a world of blacks and greys

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

Back when I could go for weekend drives!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

In the height of all this madness, mine got a bit more crazier..

I have recently acquired a Golf GTD. Really like it so far, but also still love my A6. Now to decide which to keep...

RD2BRyx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Definitely keep A6 :)

• Advertisement

Definitely keep A6 :)

Keep the Golf

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Keep both??

xI9cBikZ6Kp3BgiQ5naHmiPnotnIBmLt7ZTUuLU9Rz_XbdOizOg06Cs5cZZFOIKaEwlap_jkYWXa7Jg7nGGs3TUzMbSMxlBCeQeNEFudnDrn6tdw9foRuq7P2RI

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Get rid of both and get a GTi or R.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bazz26 wrote: »

R the only way.....

Or

RS6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

bazz26 wrote: »

That was the first thing that came to my mind. It is beyond me why you would buy a diesel golf as a second car if you already had a diesel A6. Not knocking either car both look spotless. But if you had the luxury of a second car it would be nice to get something sporty and a bit special.

Financially, I cannot keep the two cars (especially two diesel cars). Just in a situation now where I have the two cars and have to decide which to keep :o Both have their pro’s and con’s, and I guess I have a few weeks to decide as I am at nothing trying to sell a car until this lockdown is lifted.

Selling both cars may also be an option.. but I would still need a diesel car for the mileage I am doing.

Murt102 wrote: »
    Financially, I cannot keep the two cars (especially two diesel cars). Just in a situation now where I have the two cars and have to decide which to keep :o Both have their pro’s and con’s, and I guess I have a few weeks to decide as I am at nothing trying to sell a car until this lockdown is lifted.

Selling both cars may also be an option.. but I would still need a diesel car for the mileage I am doing.

Do you need a large car for long journeys or do you want a smaller faster and more fun but less comfortable car?
    I’d keep the golf , get a nice remap and you have a pretty fast hatch that will still do 45mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,393 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

maddness wrote: »
    Do you need a large car for long journeys or do you want a smaller faster and more fun but less comfortable car?
    I’d keep the golf , get a nice remap and you have a pretty fast hatch that will still do 45mpg.
    Even without the remap, it wouldn’t exactly be slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

I miss driving... :(

gIeYZ7n.jpg

pO3QHCY.jpg

• Advertisement

maddness wrote: »

True. Both cars are similar that they are both low mileage and both have similar extras. The Audi is far superior for quality, but the VW is a bit more fun to drive.

Think i’ll keep the VW. I don’t necessarily need a large saloon car at the moment, so I may aswell enjoy having a hatchback while I can.

Not going to make a definite decision for another two weeks - I’m at nothing trying to sell a car at the moment until the current lockdown is lifted!

Advertisement