Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Party like its 1995!

49966254663_ac063f3751_c.jpg

49713069058_a618910ee4_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

@MadMike,
    was that the A4 Avant I recommended a year or two ago on here? Bought privately from a guy in Blanch?

I bought it in August last year from another user on here, and I have a feeling he might have bought it from a guy around Blanch alright around the beginning of 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    I bought it in August last year from another user on here, and I have a feeling he might have bought it from a guy around Blanch alright around the beginning of 2019

I think I recommended it to the original buyer who took it from a friend of mine. The original owner who brought it in from the UK was a serious car nut. It would have been pampered when he had it.

I think I recommended it to the original buyer who took it from a friend of mine. The original owner who brought it in from the UK was a serious car nut. It would have been pampered when he had it.
    Sounds about right. The guy I bought it from was relocating and only had it about 6 months and the previous owner had brought it in from the UK and certainly looked after it alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Detailers, look away :)

Finally got a look at this last night, took around two hours to do a very basic wash.

Having studied the car, it was clear that aggression was key to winning this battle. There was baked on bird **** and muck, moss, lichen, tree sap, bug squash etc. Now, I know you can get different products for each of those that would set me back more than the cost of the car, so I just went for Flash floor cleaner.

€3 for a 2 litre bottle, added it to a handheld spray bottle, doused the car, then washed the car with a bucket and sponge with a dilution of Flash also. I wouldn't do this to a "good car" but I have to say it came up like a new pin. 100% of the dirt was shifted. Used a magic eraser sponge on the wheels. The Flash was easy to work with and has done no lasting damage.

Car is still wet in the after shot as I was trying to sheet it dry but looks decent dry too.

20200602-201951.jpg

20200603-201358.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

A lick of paint on those wheels and it'll look great!

Bought this yoke a few days ago, 1988 Honda City CG. 1.3 16v, 100 bhp and it weight 780kg. I'm told its the only one in the country, there was a black one on DoneDeal a year or 18 months ago but it was stolen and burned out apparently.

49991654672_8ce2e6a94c_z.jpg

49990890038_da7bbce88b_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ryano87

Lovely car Duke. I was parked next to one at the Terenure show 3-4 years ago. Was a lovely red one like yours which an old boy had been looking after for a good few years. I'd say sort out that little bit of rust and a full machine polish all over and that car will be sweet.

Yeah, did a little bit of the bonnet this morning with a rotary polisher and it came up well. Did the headlights too

This is what they were like:

49990889793_117c5b7e66_z.jpg

And they came up ok:

49991654617_2c6c1bcc26_z.jpg

Will re-do them and do the rest of the car this weekend, hopefully it comes up well.

Here it is on the road back in 2010:

8251735221_8c5a6c00c9_z.jpg

I'd imagine the car you were parked beside was this one. I'm told it had one long term owner until recently, he gave it up as parts were becoming more and more difficult to find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ryano87

I'd say it was that one. Just checked but I can't find my 2016 Terenure show pictures. I was parked beside him in a smart roadster. We were parked in front of a huge land rover defender from the James bond spectre film if anybody has any photos of the day

He was a gent and I loved the car - was immaculate. Was laughing that nobody in the family wanted the car but he loved it.

The clear lights going right across the front looks far nicer on that car than the civic from the mid noughties I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

@ Duke - well wear. I'd say it's good craic with a 1.3 and so little body weight!
    Is the light bar across the front functional, or more for aesthetics?

tc20 wrote: »
    @ Duke - well wear. I'd say it's good craic with a 1.3 and so little body weight!
    Is the light bar across the front functional, or more for aesthetics?

It’s only a reflector between the lights unfortunately. It was the first thing I checked!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

It might be an ancient design at this stage, but I still love my B6 Avant

It looks fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭chalky_ie

erRy2D1f_o.jpg

Currently for sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

It might be an ancient design at this stage, but I still love my B6 Avant

Still regret selling mine to this day... cracking car .

IMG_20160612_134425_zpscg5lrkyx.jpg

homer90 wrote: »
    Still regret selling mine to this day... cracking car .

Looks like it was similar spec was it?
    Wheels, door blades, rear spolier etc all look the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Looks like it was similar spec was it?
    Wheels, door blades, rear spolier etc all look the same

IIRC it was a sport not S line

Same as my own one so.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Might be wrong, but I think the S-Line didn’t come out til the B7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭chalky_ie

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Might be wrong, but I think the S-Line didn’t come out til the B7?

I think it was called USP for the B6? Or at least it was in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

They were just known as the B6 Sport I thought. Were a very well finished car, mate had a PD130 bout 8 years ago and it was a very nice car at the time. That was before the felters ruined them all with "quattro" fibreglass kits, fake rs4 badges and cheap coilovers/cut springs. Even at that they aren't as bad as the muppets today with the reek maps and popcorn limiters. They should all be taken out and shot with their own excrement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

First proper blast this evening. The to-do list is growing but not until after the VRT.

IMG-20200611-194803.jpg

IMG-20200611-194358.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Lovely car, I went for a blast in my own R yesterday evening, lovely dry conditions for it. Still believe the manual transmission is the one to have. Maybe DSG if your doing a lot of city driving but for a good cut on back roads you can't beat having the three pedals imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Audi A4 2.0 Diesel Absolutely Love it. Always wanted an Audi so I’ve had two in the last year, such a cool car. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Lovely car, I went for a blast in my own R yesterday evening, lovely dry conditions for it. Still believe the manual transmission is the one to have. Maybe DSG if your doing a lot of city driving but for a good cut on back roads you can't beat having the three pedals imo.

Yeah, no regrets going for the manual so far. I have zero stop start driving anyway really so it's all good. I'm lucky that I've got a nice cruiser whenever I want it so it's the best of both worlds for me. No pops and bangs though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

No pops and bangs though!

Yet :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Got the car washed, engine bay detailed, interior detailed, as well as the headlights and tail lights polished yesterday, you could say I'm happy with the results :D:D. The ceramic coating was done exactly this time three years ago, still holding up very well (not that I'm biased or anything like that of course:D).

WYDx5lI.jpg

sYsuOB5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

50006844567_14be105fc2_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

I should be working from home but its too nice - I'm off to get the head roasted off me and have a 99. YOLO as the cool kids say!

50009240757_3c13bfe7f8_c.jpg

Advertisement