Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tasty!
    The flower pot in the front door would drive me mad though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Tasty!
    The flower pot in the front door would drive me mad though!

It moved for christmas lights and hasn't moved back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

So I am not the only one experiencing very slow loading page on Boards. All other sites are working pretty quick.
    Is there an issue with Boards.ie?
    ILikeBoats wrote: »

..... actually the images don't seem to be working in the current boards.ie go-slow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This notice is at the top of the menu pages on desktop/main site

Hi all, we apologise for the ongoing issues that are resulting in slow load times and unresponsive errors at times. We are working to get to the bottom of these issues. We understand that this is frustrating, but we thank you for your patience as we deal with this and we are sorry for the disruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

Finally gave the car a wash after 6 months.

Could really do with a new pressure washer and new cleaning products :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Since it was a nice morning and I was off work I went at cleaning my car. First time in a long time I actually cleaned it myself and I forgot how satisfying it is to do. It was perfect as I ran out of tar remover so need to order up some stuff and do a more thorough job but for the moment it took the bad look of it at least.

511744.jpg

511745.jpg

511747.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

1x1Rxj8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Only bought the mazda last year and going strong still. Just a seized brake caliper so far. Thirsty enough on juice, considering its size. Eats corners for breakfast but noisy and harsh on motorway journeys. Great car otherwise. Still very happy overall...

511885.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ryano87

Fitted an LED light strip to the back of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Nice, that looks really good. How are you finding the MX5? We've been toying with the idea of getting one as a second car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ryano87

eljono wrote: »
    Nice, that looks really good. How are you finding the MX5? We've been toying with the idea of getting one as a second car.

Really happy with it to be honest. Have it over two years now and still haven't had an urge to change it. Its been flawlessly reliable and good on fuel. If you can make one work for you I'd have no problem recommending one.

I'm 6ft too and have no issues with driving position etc. I did try the mx5 RF and found it a little tighter on headroom however.

In summary - I'd recommend one! Mines the 1.5 btw and I still love driving it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Was waiting for that photo to load, thinking, oh no! this won't be good......

Looks amazing, looks like it's standard from the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Ryano87 wrote: »
    Really happy with it to be honest. Have it over two years now and still haven't had an urge to change it. Its been flawlessly reliable and good on fuel. If you can make one work for you I'd have no problem recommending one.

I'm 6ft too and have no issues with driving position etc. I did try the mx5 RF and found it a little tighter on headroom however.

In summary - I'd recommend one! Mines the 1.5 btw and I still love driving it.

Thanks for the recommendation, great to hear positive ownership experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The rear reg plate lights are way too bright....

Bit of tint or spray a bit of black paint on the lense maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭sk8board

Ryano87 wrote: »
    Fitted an LED light strip to the back of mine.

A tasteful mod - that rarest of things :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Gave her a ‘Going Absolutely Nowhere’ wash this evening!!

512120.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Surprisingly quick 26GB 2020 maps update for the Columbus - took 30 minutes overall.

4if6RMa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

advertsfox wrote: »
    Surprisingly quick 26GB 2020 maps update for the Columbus - took 30 minutes overall.

https://i.imgur.com/4if6RMa.png
    Can I ask where you got the updates from?
    I can only see nov. 19 online.

vectra wrote: »
    Can I ask where you got the updates from?
    I can only see nov. 19 online.
    Sure here man, enter your VIN here. All details show 2020 in the car after the upgrade - http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/en-GB

Direct link - http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/HIGH12_P184_EU_2020.zip

4bsqRVH.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Ah,
    spotted there that you had the columbus. ( Seat MIB2 High )
    I only have the MIB2 standard ( Amunsden )
    Just curious.
    What is the version number you updated to?
    I am currently using Ver, 1430 V12.

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    Ah,
    spotted there that you had the columbus. ( Seat MIB2 High )
    I only have the MIB2 standard ( Amunsden )
    Just curious.
    What is the version number you updated to?
    I am currently using Ver, 1430 V12.
    Just checked for you now dude:

Hardware: H55
    Software: 1440
    Nav Database: ECE2020 / 0184
    Radio Database: 1.9.7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Picked up a set of 19" staggered Directionals with brand new tyres in a scrap yard for €150 a while back. The wheels themselves were in a pretty bad way cosmetically so decided to refurbish them to pass the time. Did so last week and fitted them this evening. Not sure if I'll keep them on but enjoyed the project.

20200508-205304.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Not my fav alloys but they suit that 5 series quite well...and for €150 how could you say no!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Cheers. Exactly, couldn't pass them. Tyres alone are worth that! The original wheels are MV2s so I'll probably refurbish them now too that I have the hang of it and keep both sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

Haven't done much car related stuff in the last 12 months, been working on a house! So I'm trying to get back into it. Starting with just a basic wash of my Brera, and I've ordered a load of parts for it.

Full service on the way, and addressing the few electrical and rust issues it has going on!

lB0O2Fb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So aggressive looking, love the alfalfas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

A spot of Golf.

20200508-173714.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

A spot of Golf.

You seem to be holding onto the Mk6 a long time. Did you mention a few months ago about looking at changing it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Keeping with the Golf trend. Including the obligatory bird shyte on the bonnet. Yes I also need a new headlight. Is that a regular mk6 headlight, or do some not have darkened lenses?

GOLF1.jpg

GOLF2.jpg

Snapchat-1725536390.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

CIP4 wrote: »
    You seem to be holding onto the Mk6 a long time. Did you mention a few months ago about looking at changing it ?

I have it 18 months or so. Was going to sell it around February but it isn't the best time of the century for selling :pac:

Advertisement